    Solitario Guest

    Can anyone tell me how and where to post images that will be picked up
    by Google's extensive image search?
    Solitario, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Solitario

    Mark Roberts Guest

    (Solitario) wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me how and where to post images that will be picked up
    >by Google's extensive image search?

    Pretty much anywhere on your web site should do.
    (For anyone who *doesn't* want their images indexed, Google does obey
    the rules set forth in your robots.txt file.)

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing
    Mark Roberts, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Solitario

    Frank ess Guest

    Mark Roberts wrote:
    > (Solitario) wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone tell me how and where to post images that will be picked
    >> up by Google's extensive image search?

    > Pretty much anywhere on your web site should do.
    > (For anyone who *doesn't* want their images indexed, Google does obey
    > the rules set forth in your robots.txt file.)

    Keyword in the filename is the most direct route.
    --

    Frank ess

    aibohphobia, n., The fear of palindromes.
    Frank ess, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Solitario

    Solitario Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message news:<sRhic.1554$>...
    > Mark Roberts wrote:
    > > (Solitario) wrote:
    > >
    > >> Can anyone tell me how and where to post images that will be picked
    > >> up by Google's extensive image search?

    > > Pretty much anywhere on your web site should do.
    > > (For anyone who *doesn't* want their images indexed, Google does obey
    > > the rules set forth in your robots.txt file.)

    > Keyword in the filename is the most direct route.

    Maybe I should explain further.
    I dont have my own web site, I want to find a site I can post an image
    on then do a search on Google's image search that will find that same
    image.
    Solitario, Apr 25, 2004
  5. Solitario

    Mark Roberts Guest

    (Solitario) wrote:

    >Maybe I should explain further.
    >I dont have my own web site, I want to find a site I can post an image
    >on then do a search on Google's image search that will find that same
    >image.

    There are lots of sites that let you post images, but I expect you know
    about them. You may want to enquire of the people who operate those
    sites as to whether they allow Google to index their photos. (Since some
    photographers find Google's indexing and "thumbnailing" distasteful, I
    expect some photo hosting sites don't let Google index their images.)

    --
    Mark Roberts
    Photography and writing
    Mark Roberts, Apr 25, 2004
  6. Solitario

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 24 Apr 2004 16:37:17 -0700, (Solitario)
    wrote:

    >"Frank ess" <> wrote in message news:<sRhic.1554$>...
    >> Mark Roberts wrote:

    >> > Pretty much anywhere on your web site should do.
    >> > (For anyone who *doesn't* want their images indexed, Google does obey
    >> > the rules set forth in your robots.txt file.)

    >> Keyword in the filename is the most direct route.

    >Maybe I should explain further.
    >I dont have my own web site, I want to find a site I can post an image
    >on then do a search on Google's image search that will find that same
    >image.

    Getting your own website can be a free affair, and your own domain
    name costs under $10US.
    With your own site/domain, you can bypass the hassle of trying to make
    sure your host will let Google index their site. You can have your own
    galleries without advertising or any other stuff you don't want.
    For my money, this is a great answer to your wants.

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Apr 25, 2004
  7. Solitario

    Solitario Guest

    Bill Funk <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 24 Apr 2004 16:37:17 -0700, (Solitario)
    > wrote:

    > >> Keyword in the filename is the most direct route.

    > >Maybe I should explain further.
    > >I dont have my own web site, I want to find a site I can post an image
    > >on then do a search on Google's image search that will find that same
    > >image.

    > Getting your own website can be a free affair, and your own domain
    > name costs under $10US.
    > With your own site/domain, you can bypass the hassle of trying to make
    > sure your host will let Google index their site. You can have your own
    > galleries without advertising or any other stuff you don't want.
    > For my money, this is a great answer to your wants.

    "EXCELLENT"
    Thanks a lot guys really great answers, now for the next question.
    Where can I get a free or VERY affordable and reliable domain?
    Yeah I know I cant do anything for myself.
    Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.
    Solitario, Apr 27, 2004
  8. Solitario

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 26 Apr 2004 16:26:46 -0700, (Solitario)
    wrote:

    >Bill Funk <> wrote in message news:<>...
    >> On 24 Apr 2004 16:37:17 -0700, (Solitario)
    >> wrote:

    >> >Maybe I should explain further.
    >> >I dont have my own web site, I want to find a site I can post an image
    >> >on then do a search on Google's image search that will find that same
    >> >image.

    >> Getting your own website can be a free affair, and your own domain
    >> name costs under $10US.
    >> With your own site/domain, you can bypass the hassle of trying to make
    >> sure your host will let Google index their site. You can have your own
    >> galleries without advertising or any other stuff you don't want.
    >> For my money, this is a great answer to your wants.

    >"EXCELLENT"
    >Thanks a lot guys really great answers, now for the next question.
    >Where can I get a free or VERY affordable and reliable domain?
    >Yeah I know I cant do anything for myself.
    >Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

    Godaddy.com
    ( http://www.jewishworldreview.com/0404/scrappleface.html )
    is an excellent place to get your domain; they will also host for you,
    but you can find less expensive hosts.
    A Google search on "web hosting" (without the quotes) will get you
    thousands of hosting companies that will tell you in their sites what
    they will offer, and for how much. Some are for business use, others
    are for hobbyists,and others are for vanity sites, and other uses.
    Your task is to determine which one best suits your needs, for the
    best price.
    And this is the hard part, as only you know what you need.
    Good luck!

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"