    Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    thanks

    pegger8, May 18, 2007

  2. pegger8

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "pegger8" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    > the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    > thanks

    Why don't you ask Google instead of posting your question to a
    non-affiliated international Usenet newsgroup?

    WhzzKdd, May 18, 2007

  3. pegger8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:32:55 -0400, "pegger8"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage

    Sure. Learn HTML, design google.com EXACTLY as you want it, then save
    it locally.

    >the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent

    <Gasp> Google changed their website without your consent?

    Fucking sue.

    Evan Platt, May 18, 2007
  4. pegger8 wrote:

    > ...and was put on my computer without my consent

    It's not on your computer. It's a web page.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 18, 2007
  5. pegger8

    Top Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 11:37:05 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:

    > "pegger8" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    >> the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    >> thanks
    >>

    > Why don't you ask Google instead of posting your question to a
    > non-affiliated international Usenet newsgroup?

    Who made you a netcop? This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    topic.

    Top

    Top, May 18, 2007
  6. pegger8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:50:53 -0400, Top <> wrote:

    >Who made you a netcop?

    I did.

    >This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    >topic.

    Ogg.

    Evan Platt, May 18, 2007
  7. pegger8

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-05-18, Evan Platt <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:50:53 -0400, Top <> wrote:
    >
    >>Who made you a netcop?

    > I did.
    >
    >>This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    >>topic.

    > Ogg.

    FLAC

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, May 18, 2007
  8. pegger8

    pegger8 Guest

    because they didn't answer my emails

    pegger8, May 18, 2007
  9. pegger8

    Muse Groops Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2007-05-18, Evan Platt <> wrote:
    >> On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:50:53 -0400, Top <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Who made you a netcop?

    >> I did.
    >>
    >>> This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    >>> topic.

    >> Ogg.

    > FLAC

    Don't give him flac for him ogging that guy

    Muse Groops, May 18, 2007
  10. pegger8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 21:36:28 +0100, Whiskers
    <> wrote:

    >FLAC

    AFLAC!

    Evan Platt, May 18, 2007
  11. pegger8

    Tester Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    >the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    >thanks

    At least you can still get the same searches even if the layout was
    changed. I was using the default home page for Firefox (which is on
    Google) and I don't see links to search news, groups, images, et alia
    on that page. I switched to the main Google page.

    Some of the foreign-language Google websites still have the old
    layout.

    http://www.google.com/intl/de/
    http://www.google.com/intl/fr/

    et alia

    and, in Yiddish,

    http://www.google.com/intl/yi/

    Be sure to put in the trailing slash or it doesn't work.

    And you can make the language /en/ but then you get the new layout.

    Of course, you can make your own web page which posts to Google and
    has whatever layout you want.

    Tester, May 18, 2007
  12. pegger8

    Guest

    , May 18, 2007
  13. pegger8

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Top" <> wrote in message

    > On Fri, 18 May 2007 11:37:05 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:
    >
    >> "pegger8" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    >>> the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    >>> thanks
    >>>

    >> Why don't you ask Google instead of posting your question to a
    >> non-affiliated international Usenet newsgroup?

    > Who made you a netcop? This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    > topic.
    >
    > Top

    Where did I say it was off topic? I simply pointed the OP in a different
    direction.

    WhzzKdd, May 19, 2007
  14. pegger8

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:01:50 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:

    >> Who made you a netcop? This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    >> topic.
    >>
    >> Top
    >>

    >Where did I say it was off topic? I simply pointed the OP in a different
    >direction.

    Where did he say you were off topic?

    He said it was OGG topic.

    Evan Platt, May 19, 2007
  15. pegger8

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 May 2007 16:01:50 -0700, "WhzzKdd"
    > <frack_this@email_is.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>> Who made you a netcop? This is an open forum and there is nothing ogg
    >>> topic.
    >>>
    >>> Top
    >>>

    >>Where did I say it was off topic? I simply pointed the OP in a different
    >>direction.

    > Where did he say you were off topic?
    >
    > He said it was OGG topic.

    True, but I know what he meant <g>

    WhzzKdd, May 19, 2007
  16. pegger8

    Guest

    "pegger8" <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 18 May 2007 11:37:05 -0700, WhzzKdd wrote:

    Edited for top post

    >> Why don't you ask Google instead of posting your question to a
    >> non-affiliated international Usenet newsgroup?

    >>because they didn't answer my emails

    What are they going to say?

    You can make the google.com page look any way you want.

    You need to be running FireFox www.IE7.com
    and install Greasemonkey

    This would be an easy task as it's only one page.

    There are scripts for google already http://tinyurl.com/26ww3h
    but not to fix the new look yet.
    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/

    , May 19, 2007
  17. pegger8

    Frosty Guest

    On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:32:55 -0400 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    "pegger8" <>, intended to write something
    intelligible, but instead wrote :

    >Hi
    >Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    >the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    >thanks

    Nope. Sorry. You'll have to live with it the way it is.

    Tha Management

    Frosty, May 19, 2007
  18. Blinky the Shark, May 19, 2007
  19. pegger8

    Muse Groops Guest

    pegger8 wrote:
    > Hi
    > Is there anyway to change back to the old google homepage
    > the new one is crappy and was put on my computer without my consent
    > thanks

    Easy: http://search.yahoo.com/

    Problem solved

    Muse Groops, May 19, 2007