    lbbss Guest

    How do I change the way I view my google's groups from summary to title
    view?

    lbbss, Sep 29, 2005

  2. lbbss

    The One Guest

    lbbss bashed at the keyboard and came up with:

    > How do I change the way I view my google's groups from summary to title
    > view?

    Use a newsreader, not some clunky nasty web interface.

    The One, Sep 29, 2005

  3. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    I use to use Outlook Express for my news groups, but now many of the
    groups are not available with my ISP. Also, the postings are not as
    current as the google's group (lots of them are almost a day late).
    I have heard of Newsreaders like Forté Agent but I assume I would
    have the same problems as with OE news reader, since I still have the
    same ISP.

    lbbss, Sep 29, 2005
  4. lbbss

    Trax Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote:

    |>How do I change the way I view my google's groups from summary to title
    |>view?

    If you really wish to change the way Google groups looks, it's
    possible.

    But requires FireFox and GreaseMonkey
    http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

    I don't see a script that does what you want
    http://userscripts.org/tag/google, maybe make your own or ask around

    Little bit of work, would depend upon how bad you want it to look the
    way you want it to.

    --
    No Defense Against Windows Rootkits?
    http://it.slashdot.org/it/05/09/28/1438213.shtml?tid=172

    Trax, Sep 29, 2005
  5. lbbss

    lbbss Guest

    I am not asking something outrageous. This is a new feature Google's
    offers as of a year ago. I just can't find which menu you go to to
    find this feature.

    THIS IS A EXCERPT FROM GOOGLE'S HELP MENU.

    1. What's new in this version of Google Groups?

    * Enhanced user interface: You can track and mark topics using the
    "My Groups" feature, and view postings in several ways, including by
    message summary, title, or conversation view.

    lbbss, Sep 29, 2005
  6. lbbss

    Trax Guest

    "lbbss" <> wrote:

    |>I am not asking something outrageous. This is a new feature Google's
    |>offers as of a year ago. I just can't find which menu you go to to
    |>find this feature.

    Had a feeling it might come across as overkill.

    I don't read the google groups, but if I did I would use GreaseMonkey
    to display each page as it was prior to the Beta release.

    The advice is just what I would do if I had a problem with Google
    Groups.

    Trax, Sep 29, 2005
  7. lbbss

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-09-29, lbbss <> wrote:
    > I use to use Outlook Express for my news groups, but now many of the
    > groups are not available with my ISP. Also, the postings are not as
    > current as the google's group (lots of them are almost a day late).
    > I have heard of Newsreaders like Forté Agent but I assume I would
    > have the same problems as with OE news reader, since I still have the
    > same ISP.

    There are public newsservers, some free some you pay for, that are
    independent of any ISP (and which can be used by any news-reader program,
    not merely OE or Forte Agent).

    See <http://www.newsreaders.com/> <http://www.individual.net/>
    <http://www.readfreenews.com/> & <http://dotsrc.org/usenet/> for a start.

    --