    it does as it suggests, but is that ALL it does?

    anyone else noticed it...........

    Phil

    Phil B, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Phil B

    °Mike° Guest

    It's the new version. It's been there for a while.
    http://toolbar.google.com/

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:43:10 -0000, in
    <brb6fq$1g4$>
    Phil B scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Phil B

    Harrison Guest

    It;'s a feature of the toolbar. In fact, it's the main reason most
    people sue it.

    Harrison, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Phil B

    trout Guest

    Phil B wrote:

    > I use the google search engine quite regularly, so I have a google
    > search bar on my ie browser.
    > today I notice that it has added a popup blocker which was not there
    > before?
    >
    > it does as it suggests, but is that ALL it does?
    >
    > anyone else noticed it...........
    >
    > Phil

    It's been about a month, now, I believe. I was *not* impressed with
    the fact that it 'updated itself' without my permission (as with any
    software); but I have to admit that it does a marvelous job.
    I first noticed the sound effect, and the tiny 'cartoon balloon'
    that appeared when it was blocking pop-ups (before they got to my
    regular blocker) before I realized that it had changed. And when I saw
    other people mention it.
    It did *not* change any of the privacy restrictions that I'd put in
    place; but you may want to check that yourself, under "options".
    --
    "It would have been nice if they'd asked, first."

    trout, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Phil B

    Phil B Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in message
    > Phil B wrote:
    >
    > > I use the google search engine quite regularly, so I have a google
    > > search bar on my ie browser.
    > > today I notice that it has added a popup blocker which was not there
    > > before?
    > >
    > > it does as it suggests, but is that ALL it does?
    > >
    > > anyone else noticed it...........
    > >
    > > Phil

    > It's been about a month, now, I believe. I was *not* impressed with
    > the fact that it 'updated itself' without my permission (as with any
    > software); but I have to admit that it does a marvelous job.
    > I first noticed the sound effect, and the tiny 'cartoon balloon'
    > that appeared when it was blocking pop-ups (before they got to my
    > regular blocker) before I realized that it had changed. And when I saw
    > other people mention it.
    > It did *not* change any of the privacy restrictions that I'd put in
    > place; but you may want to check that yourself, under "options".
    > --
    > "It would have been nice if they'd asked, first."

    Totaly agree..........

    Phil.

    Phil B, Dec 12, 2003