    Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010

  2. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 1:25 PM Just to please that super-ego, OldGringo38 wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On 9/9/2010 1:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    >> Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    >> Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    >> history also. Must be a Google fubar.
    >>

    > Well I guess there is no such thing as search off. I ticked the do not
    > use instant search, saved and the next search it went directly to the
    > google results search page as I was typing. second check of the ticked
    > do not use instant search showed it blank and re ticked in use instant
    > search. Just something new I have to get use to I guess.

    well by instructions under the settings page clearing history and
    cookies seems to have done the trick. still get the drop down hints as
    always though. Does not redirect to search results page any more.

    --
    OldGringo38
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010

  3. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:25:07 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 1:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type. Someone else
    >> try this and let me know if you experience the same. Doesn't matter
    >> which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search history also. Must
    >> be a Google fubar.
    >>

    > Well I guess there is no such thing as search off. I ticked the do not
    > use instant search, saved and the next search it went directly to the
    > google results search page as I was typing. second check of the ticked
    > do not use instant search showed it blank and re ticked in use instant
    > search. Just something new I have to get use to I guess.

    I think it used to be known as disabling suggestions. I don't care to see
    shit pop up as I type. Wasn't like this yesterday.

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
  4. Meat Plow

    John Holmes Guest

    Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    > Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    > Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    > history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    You mean the new Google feature, instant?
    Look here:
    http://www.google.com/instant/

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Sep 9, 2010
  5. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:38:45 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

    > Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type. Someone else
    >> try this and let me know if you experience the same. Doesn't matter
    >> which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search history also. Must
    >> be a Google fubar.
    >>

    > You mean the new Google feature, instant? Look here:
    > http://www.google.com/instant/

    I guess it was called "suggestions". Can't seem to shut them off now.

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
  6. Meat Plow

    joevan Guest

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:07:04 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    >Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    >Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    >history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    I searched for meat plow and the same happened.
    http://www.google.com/search?source...g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=CxJEw2SqJTJ3cK5XggwTHq-
    joevan, Sep 9, 2010
  7. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:35:09 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 1:25 PM Just to please that super-ego, OldGringo38 wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On 9/9/2010 1:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type. Someone else
    >>> try this and let me know if you experience the same. Doesn't matter
    >>> which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search history also. Must
    >>> be a Google fubar.
    >>>

    >> Well I guess there is no such thing as search off. I ticked the do not
    >> use instant search, saved and the next search it went directly to the
    >> google results search page as I was typing. second check of the ticked
    >> do not use instant search showed it blank and re ticked in use instant
    >> search. Just something new I have to get use to I guess.
    >>

    > well by instructions under the settings page clearing history and
    > cookies seems to have done the trick. still get the drop down hints as
    > always though. Does not redirect to search results page any more.

    I had the search setting set to not add letters or suggestions as I type
    a word say, 'dog'. Now as I type the box drops down with suggestions. I
    had that shut off and now it seems it can't be shut off and I didn't
    change anything. I don't need or like suggestions. Didn't like it on
    Youtube when they started it there.

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
  8. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:07:04 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:

    > Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    > Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    > Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    > history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    they also took away the feature of how many results to display.
    I never could stand having only 10 results per page. I generally displayed
    100 per page.
    richard, Sep 9, 2010
  9. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 1:46 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:07:04 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    >> Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    >> Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    >> history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    > they also took away the feature of how many results to display.
    > I never could stand having only 10 results per page. I generally displayed
    > 100 per page.

    I saw that setting under settings but don't know how many, paid no
    attention.

    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
  10. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 1:46 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:07:04 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    >> Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    >> Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    >> history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    > they also took away the feature of how many results to display.
    > I never could stand having only 10 results per page. I generally displayed
    > 100 per page.

    Just checked it out and it goes to 100, and works. <g> Good Luck.

    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
  11. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 1:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    > Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    > Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    > history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    As a logged in user, clear history and cookies, then go to google
    setting, make all your choices, save and it should work. can't find how
    to disable drop down suggestions.

    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
  12. Meat Plow

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:
    > On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:07:04 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    >> Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    >> Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    >> history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    > they also took away the feature of how many results to display.
    > I never could stand having only 10 results per page. I generally displayed
    > 100 per page.

    Which google are you using? Both of those setting are
    in my google and they both work.
    Jordon, Sep 9, 2010
  13. Meat Plow

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:55:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 1:46 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 18:07:04 +0000 (UTC), Meat Plow wrote:
    >>
    >>> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type.
    >>> Someone else try this and let me know if you experience the same.
    >>> Doesn't matter which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search
    >>> history also. Must be a Google fubar.

    >> they also took away the feature of how many results to display.
    >> I never could stand having only 10 results per page. I generally displayed
    >> 100 per page.

    > Just checked it out and it goes to 100, and works. <g> Good Luck.

    Yeah it is there but I can't get it to save the change.
    richard, Sep 9, 2010
  14. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:57:46 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:

    > On 9/9/2010 1:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    > following tidbit of information:
    >> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type. Someone else
    >> try this and let me know if you experience the same. Doesn't matter
    >> which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search history also. Must
    >> be a Google fubar.
    >>

    > As a logged in user, clear history and cookies, then go to google
    > setting, make all your choices, save and it should work. can't find how
    > to disable drop down suggestions.

    Since they've added the instant search, disabling suggestions is gone.
    They mention you can disable it as a logged in user in your web history
    but I haven't found it yet.

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
  15. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 2:04 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:57:46 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/9/2010 1:07 PM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:
    >>> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type. Someone else
    >>> try this and let me know if you experience the same. Doesn't matter
    >>> which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search history also. Must
    >>> be a Google fubar.
    >>>

    >> As a logged in user, clear history and cookies, then go to google
    >> setting, make all your choices, save and it should work. can't find how
    >> to disable drop down suggestions.

    > Since they've added the instant search, disabling suggestions is gone.
    > They mention you can disable it as a logged in user in your web history
    > but I haven't found it yet.

    Comes with the Google toolbar, which I have no intentions of installing. <G>

    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
  16. Meat Plow

    OldGringo38 Guest

    On 9/9/2010 2:02 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    following tidbit of information:
    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:55:43 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
    >
    >> On 9/9/2010 1:46 PM Just to please that super-ego, richard wrote the
    >> following tidbit of information:

    >>> they also took away the feature of how many results to display.
    >>> I never could stand having only 10 results per page. I generally displayed
    >>> 100 per page.

    >> Just checked it out and it goes to 100, and works.<g> Good Luck.

    > Yeah it is there but I can't get it to save the change.

    Have to be logged in and clear your cache & cookies then make the
    setting and save it.

    OldGringo38, Sep 9, 2010
  17. Meat Plow

    John Holmes Guest

    Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:38:45 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> Instant search = off yet suggestions are shown as I type. Someone

    else
    >>> try this and let me know if you experience the same. Doesn't matter
    >>> which browser, Chromium or FF. Erased entire search history also.

    Must
    >>> be a Google fubar.
    >>>

    >> You mean the new Google feature, instant? Look here:
    >> http://www.google.com/instant/

    > I guess it was called "suggestions". Can't seem to shut them off now.

    I don't like those suggestions, or instant as they call it, either. Make
    me feel like a child. For the same reason I'd never use a spell checker.
    If I want to write "poast" instead of "post" it's *my* decision, OK?

    --
    <snip>
    John Holmes, Sep 9, 2010
  18. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:13:30 +0200, John Holmes wrote:

    > Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 20:38:45 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >>
    >>> Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > else

    > Must
    >>>>

    >>> You mean the new Google feature, instant? Look here:
    >>> http://www.google.com/instant/

    >> I guess it was called "suggestions". Can't seem to shut them off now.
    >>

    > I don't like those suggestions, or instant as they call it, either. Make
    > me feel like a child. For the same reason I'd never use a spell checker.
    > If I want to write "poast" instead of "post" it's *my* decision, OK?

    Yeah well the fucker worked yesterday. I don't like it either. As far a s
    a speel cheker geos, Mandriva seems to have one built in. Underlines
    mispelt werdz. I just ignore it mostly. But that drop down box shit has
    to go.

    Meat Plow, Sep 9, 2010
  19. Meat Plow

    John Holmes Guest

    Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Thu, 09 Sep 2010 21:13:30 +0200, John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Meat Plow "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> else

    >> Must

    >>> I guess it was called "suggestions". Can't seem to shut them off
    >>> now.
    >>>

    >> I don't like those suggestions, or instant as they call it, either.
    >> Make me feel like a child. For the same reason I'd never use a spell
    >> checker. If I want to write "poast" instead of "post" it's *my*
    >> decision, OK?

    > Yeah well the fucker worked yesterday. I don't like it either. As far
    > a s a speel cheker geos, Mandriva seems to have one built in.
    > Underlines mispelt werdz. I just ignore it mostly. But that drop down
    > box shit has to go.

    Agreed.

    --
    <snip>