Google

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by EMB, Aug 3, 2008.

  1. EMB

    EMB Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
    >
    >

    Works from xnet
     
    EMB, Aug 3, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. EMB

    Craig Shore Guest

    Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
     
    Craig Shore, Aug 3, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. EMB

    Rhino Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
    <> wrote:

    >Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
    >

    Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.


    Cheers, Rhino
     
    Rhino, Aug 3, 2008
    #3
  4. EMB

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:16:06 +1200, Rhino <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
    >>

    >Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.


    Thanks. Tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Now I
    have to try and work out why it's broke on my computer :-(
     
    Craig Shore, Aug 3, 2008
    #4
  5. EMB

    Rhino Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:41:37 +1200, Craig Shore
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:16:06 +1200, Rhino <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
    >>>

    >>Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.

    >
    >Thanks. Tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Now I
    >have to try and work out why it's broke on my computer :-(
    >

    Hi Craig,

    Not sure if you are on broadband or not. Here are a couple of
    suggestions for the machine concerned.

    If on broadband and using a router/modem which provides dhcp; From
    the start menu/run open up a window via cmd and then run nslookup.
    Type www.google.co.nz and you should get a response of 69.46.228.5

    If this fails, type "server 203.109.129.67" This will point nslookup
    at the primary Ihug name server. Retry a query of www.google.co.nz
    and see what response you get.

    Cheers, Rhino
     
    Rhino, Aug 3, 2008
    #5
  6. EMB

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 23:02:16 +1200, Rhino <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:41:37 +1200, Craig Shore
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:16:06 +1200, Rhino <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:02:44 +1200, Craig Shore
    >>><> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>Can't see it from ihug, is it down or just me?
    >>>>
    >>>Fine from ihug broadband in Dorkland.

    >>
    >>Thanks. Tried it on another computer here and it works fine. Now I
    >>have to try and work out why it's broke on my computer :-(
    >>

    >Hi Craig,
    >
    >Not sure if you are on broadband or not. Here are a couple of
    >suggestions for the machine concerned.
    >
    >If on broadband and using a router/modem which provides dhcp; From
    >the start menu/run open up a window via cmd and then run nslookup.
    >Type www.google.co.nz and you should get a response of 69.46.228.5
    >
    >If this fails, type "server 203.109.129.67" This will point nslookup
    >at the primary Ihug name server. Retry a query of www.google.co.nz
    >and see what response you get.


    It's operation timing out i'm getting.

    nslookup shows the same on this machine as my other one.


    C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup www.google.co.nz
    Non-authoritative answer:

    Server: ns1.ihug.co.nz
    Address: 203.109.129.67

    Name: www.l.google.com
    Addresses: 64.233.189.104, 64.233.189.147, 64.233.189.99
    Aliases: www.google.co.nz, www.google.com


    Using those IP's directly in the browser on this machine takes me to
    google.com which then works fine. Typing google.com redirects to
    google.co.nz which doesn't work.
    The IP you gave above seems to be off http://www.huntbrothers.com, an
    ISP in Louisiana, USA.

    I'll try a modem reboot tomorrow and see what happens.
     
    Craig Shore, Aug 3, 2008
    #6
  7. EMB

    Enkidu Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    > Using those IP's directly in the browser on this machine takes me to
    > google.com which then works fine. Typing google.com redirects to
    > google.co.nz which doesn't work.
    >

    That's extremely odd. They are the same server(s). when something like
    this happens, it is often some sort of plug-in or something interfering
    with normal operations...

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    "I LOVE IT!!" - someone on a newsgroup, somewhere.
     
    Enkidu, Aug 3, 2008
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Abso
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,730
  2. JW
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    668
  3. LadyLollipop
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,021
    LadyLollipop
    Mar 11, 2005
  4. idownweb.com

    Picasa,Google Picasa,Picasa download,Google Picasa download

    idownweb.com, Nov 29, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    525
  5. woo
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    1,287
    Quirk E. Dude
    Dec 6, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page