    It seems to have fallen over here.
    Thanks guys.

    bw..meerkat

    meerkat, Aug 20, 2007

  2. meerkat

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:49:15 +0000, meerkat wrote:

    > Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    > please ?.
    > It seems to have fallen over here.
    > Thanks guys.
    >
    > bw..meerkat

    works fine over here

    Meat Plow, Aug 20, 2007

  3. meerkat

    Mike Easter Guest

    meerkat wrote:
    > Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    > please ?.

    I can access http://www.google.co.uk/

    I don't get the same page if I use the IP http://208.67.219.231

    I'm accessing from the east/right side of the big pond, not the
    east/right side of the little pond.

    Where the ponds are the Atlantic and Pacific.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 20, 2007
  4. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:49:15 +0000, meerkat wrote:
    >
    >> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    >> please ?.
    >> It seems to have fallen over here.
    >> Thanks guys.
    >>
    >> bw..meerkat

    > works fine over here

    Thanks MP, all sorted now.

    bw..

    meerkat, Aug 20, 2007
  5. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > meerkat wrote:
    >> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    >> please ?.

    > I can access http://www.google.co.uk/
    >
    > I don't get the same page if I use the IP http://208.67.219.231
    >
    > I'm accessing from the east/right side of the big pond, not the
    > east/right side of the little pond.
    >
    > Where the ponds are the Atlantic and Pacific.

    Those are pretty big ponds. <G>.
    Thanks Mike, all sorted now.

    bw..

    meerkat, Aug 20, 2007
  6. meerkat

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-20, meerkat <> wrote:
    > Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    > please ?.
    > It seems to have fallen over here.
    > Thanks guys.
    >
    > bw..meerkat

    Seems to be working normally from my corner of the UK.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 20, 2007
  7. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-08-20, meerkat <> wrote:
    >> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    >> please ?.
    >> It seems to have fallen over here.
    >> Thanks guys.
    >>
    >> bw..meerkat

    > Seems to be working normally from my corner of the UK.

    Thanks W. all sorted now.
    You live in the corner ?.
    I live in the middle. (coventry).

    bw..

    meerkat, Aug 20, 2007
  8. meerkat

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:01:51 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >I can access http://www.google.co.uk/
    >
    >I don't get the same page if I use the IP http://208.67.219.231

    Likely name based hosting?

    I host a number of websites on my home server. If you go to
    www.domaina.com , you get obviously domain A. If you go to
    www.domainb.com , you get domain b. If you go to my IP, you get
    domaina - that's how I have it configured, so to speak (well, not
    really intentionally.)

    Evan Platt, Aug 20, 2007
  9. meerkat wrote:
    > Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    > please ?.
    > It seems to have fallen over here.
    > Thanks guys.

    Did you do a traceroute?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 20, 2007
  10. meerkat

    meerkat Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > meerkat wrote:
    >> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    >> please ?.
    >> It seems to have fallen over here.
    >> Thanks guys.

    > Did you do a traceroute?

    Thanks Blinky.
    No, I used a piece of software called Broadband Medic
    (supplied by NTL (who said that ?.) )
    It told me it reset my Proxies (???).
    But it worked.

    bw..meerkat

    meerkat, Aug 20, 2007
  11. meerkat

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-20, meerkat <> wrote:

    > "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2007-08-20, meerkat <> wrote:
    >>> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    >>> please ?.
    >>> It seems to have fallen over here.
    >>> Thanks guys.
    >>>
    >>> bw..meerkat

    >> Seems to be working normally from my corner of the UK.
    >>

    > Thanks W. all sorted now.
    > You live in the corner ?.

    I think it's meant to be a punishment.

    > I live in the middle. (coventry).

    Never mind, somebody has to <WEG>

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 20, 2007
  12. meerkat

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-20, meerkat <> wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> meerkat wrote:
    >>> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me
    >>> please ?.
    >>> It seems to have fallen over here.
    >>> Thanks guys.

    >> Did you do a traceroute?
    >>

    > Thanks Blinky.
    > No, I used a piece of software called Broadband Medic
    > (supplied by NTL (who said that ?.) )
    > It told me it reset my Proxies (???).
    > But it worked.

    Sounds as though Virgin/NTL have caching proxy web servers 'invisibly'
    between their customers and the real web - probably a way of reducing
    traffic between their own network and 'the internet'. When that sort of
    arrangement works, it can speed up your access to popular pages - and when
    it breaks, you can end up not getting anywhere.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Aug 20, 2007
  13. meerkat

    Top Guest

    On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:01:51 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > meerkat wrote:
    >> Would someone check www.google.co.uk for me please ?.

    > I can access http://www.google.co.uk/
    >
    > I don't get the same page if I use the IP http://208.67.219.231
    >
    > I'm accessing from the east/right side of the big pond, not the east/right
    > side of the little pond.
    >
    > Where the ponds are the Atlantic and Pacific.

    I used to love playing pool.

    Top

    Top, Aug 21, 2007
  14. Top wrote:

    > I used to love playing pool.

    But then you stopped wearing pants with pockets? ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 22, 2007