Google what A stuff up.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Nov 21, 2012.

  1. Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    was at the left is now Gone..
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 21, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 11/21/2012 9:11 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >
    > Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    > and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    > was at the left is now Gone..
    >


    If you have the new search results page it is under the search tools
     
    Richard, Nov 21, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >
    > Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    > and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    > was at the left is now Gone..
    >

    It still displays the google.co.nz page.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
     
    Enkidu, Nov 21, 2012
    #3
  4. On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:27:43 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 11/21/2012 9:11 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>

    >
    >If you have the new search results page it is under the search tools



    I cant see any thing like that..
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 22, 2012
    #4
  5. On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    <> wrote:

    >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>

    >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff



    But where is the NZ filter option.?
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 22, 2012
    #5
  6. Frank Williams

    Richard Guest

    On 11/22/2012 1:34 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:27:43 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/21/2012 9:11 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>

    >>
    >> If you have the new search results page it is under the search tools

    >
    >
    > I cant see any thing like that..
    >


    http://twitpic.com/bfbk7t

    Look harder
     
    Richard, Nov 22, 2012
    #6
  7. Frank Williams

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:36:44 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    > >>
    > >>
    > >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    > >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    > >> was at the left is now Gone..
    > >>

    > >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    > >
    > >Cheers,
    > >
    > >Cliff

    >
    >
    > But where is the NZ filter option.?



    1. Use the "Search tools" link under the search box
    A row of search tools links will appear.

    2. Click "the Web" on the search tools links.

    3. Click "Pages from New Zealand" on the drop-down menu which appears.

    http://i47.tinypic.com/6pb61h.gif


    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph
     
    Ralph Fox, Nov 22, 2012
    #7
  8. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 22/11/12 13:34, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:27:43 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 11/21/2012 9:11 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>

    >>
    >> If you have the new search results page it is under the search tools

    >
    >
    > I cant see any thing like that..
    >

    Then you are looking in the wrong place. It took me about 2 seconds to
    find it from Richard's description.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
     
    Enkidu, Nov 22, 2012
    #8
  9. Frank Williams

    Enkidu Guest

    On 22/11/12 13:36, Frank Williams wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>

    >> It still displays the google.co.nz page.

    >
    > But where is the NZ filter option.?
    >

    Where Richard said. Do a search, then in Firefox it is down the left
    hand side. In Chrome you have to click on "Search Options".

    Cheers,

    Cliff
     
    Enkidu, Nov 22, 2012
    #9
  10. On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:15:20 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:36:44 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >> >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >> >> was at the left is now Gone..
    >> >>
    >> >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    >> >
    >> >Cheers,
    >> >
    >> >Cliff

    >>
    >>
    >> But where is the NZ filter option.?

    >
    >
    >1. Use the "Search tools" link under the search box
    > A row of search tools links will appear.
    >
    >2. Click "the Web" on the search tools links.
    >
    >3. Click "Pages from New Zealand" on the drop-down menu which appears.
    >
    > http://i47.tinypic.com/6pb61h.gif




    Thanks

    When did this change happen.?
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 22, 2012
    #10
  11. On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:15:20 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:36:44 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> >>
    >> >>
    >> >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >> >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >> >> was at the left is now Gone..
    >> >>
    >> >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    >> >
    >> >Cheers,
    >> >
    >> >Cliff

    >>
    >>
    >> But where is the NZ filter option.?

    >
    >
    >1. Use the "Search tools" link under the search box
    > A row of search tools links will appear.
    >
    >2. Click "the Web" on the search tools links.
    >
    >3. Click "Pages from New Zealand" on the drop-down menu which appears.
    >
    > http://i47.tinypic.com/6pb61h.gif



    I did get it to work once but not now at all, there is a Google bar at
    the top of the screen with a search button but it does not do a thing.


    Same in Firefox.
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 22, 2012
    #11
  12. On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 20:38:48 +1300, Richard <> wrote:

    >On 11/22/2012 1:34 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 21:27:43 +1300, Richard <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 11/21/2012 9:11 PM, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>>> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>>> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> If you have the new search results page it is under the search tools

    >>
    >>
    >> I cant see any thing like that..
    >>

    >
    > http://twitpic.com/bfbk7t
    >
    >Look harder



    Yes I have that Bar but it only worked once it no longer works in IE8 or
    Firefox
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 22, 2012
    #12
  13. On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:47:14 +1300, Enkidu
    <> wrote:

    >On 22/11/12 13:36, Frank Williams wrote:
    >> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>>> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>>> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>>
    >>> It still displays the google.co.nz page.

    >>
    >> But where is the NZ filter option.?
    >>

    >Where Richard said. Do a search, then in Firefox it is down the left
    >hand side. In Chrome you have to click on "Search Options".
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff



    Sorted out, you have to do a Search first to bring it up.
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 22, 2012
    #13
  14. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-11-22, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:15:20 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:36:44 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >>> <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>> >>
    >>> >>
    >>> >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>> >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>> >> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>> >>
    >>> >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    >>> >
    >>> >Cheers,
    >>> >
    >>> >Cliff
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But where is the NZ filter option.?

    >>
    >>
    >>1. Use the "Search tools" link under the search box
    >> A row of search tools links will appear.
    >>
    >>2. Click "the Web" on the search tools links.
    >>
    >>3. Click "Pages from New Zealand" on the drop-down menu which appears.
    >>
    >> http://i47.tinypic.com/6pb61h.gif

    >
    >
    > I did get it to work once but not now at all, there is a Google bar at
    > the top of the screen with a search button but it does not do a thing.
    >
    >
    > Same in Firefox.


    Which OS are we on Frank?
     
    Gordon, Nov 23, 2012
    #14
  15. Frank Williams

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <>, ,
    Gordon says...
    >
    > On 2012-11-22, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > > On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:15:20 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:36:44 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:
    > >>
    > >>> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    > >>> <> wrote:
    > >>>
    > >>> >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    > >>> >>
    > >>> >>
    > >>> >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    > >>> >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    > >>> >> was at the left is now Gone..
    > >>> >>
    > >>> >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    > >>> >
    > >>> >Cheers,
    > >>> >
    > >>> >Cliff
    > >>>
    > >>>
    > >>> But where is the NZ filter option.?
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>1. Use the "Search tools" link under the search box
    > >> A row of search tools links will appear.
    > >>
    > >>2. Click "the Web" on the search tools links.
    > >>
    > >>3. Click "Pages from New Zealand" on the drop-down menu which appears.
    > >>
    > >> http://i47.tinypic.com/6pb61h.gif

    > >
    > >
    > > I did get it to work once but not now at all, there is a Google bar at
    > > the top of the screen with a search button but it does not do a thing.
    > >
    > >
    > > Same in Firefox.

    >
    > Which OS are we on Frank?


    It's a 1963 IBM Mainframe 360 with 12 CPU's.

    --
    Duncan.
     
    Dave Doe, Nov 23, 2012
    #15
  16. On 23 Nov 2012 04:28:47 GMT, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On 2012-11-22, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 22:15:20 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 13:36:44 +1300, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >>>> <> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> >On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>>> >> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>>> >> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>> >>
    >>>> >It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    >>>> >
    >>>> >Cheers,
    >>>> >
    >>>> >Cliff
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> But where is the NZ filter option.?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>1. Use the "Search tools" link under the search box
    >>> A row of search tools links will appear.
    >>>
    >>>2. Click "the Web" on the search tools links.
    >>>
    >>>3. Click "Pages from New Zealand" on the drop-down menu which appears.
    >>>
    >>> http://i47.tinypic.com/6pb61h.gif

    >>
    >>
    >> I did get it to work once but not now at all, there is a Google bar at
    >> the top of the screen with a search button but it does not do a thing.
    >>
    >>
    >> Same in Firefox.

    >
    >Which OS are we on Frank?



    Mainly XP but its dual boot Win7.

    I have a Very good HP $800 scanner and no Vista or Win7 drivers for it,
    plus I am not that happy with Win7 its a pain to drive.

    HP scanjet 5470C

    Many many hits on this on Google.

    Mind you I got at the Dealer price $400 from HP due to my other scanner
    had bad Software, and that was some 2.5 years old, over 3000 hit on
    Google for that model.
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 23, 2012
    #16
  17. On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 18:27:30 +1300, Crash McBash
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:41:01 +1300, Frank Williams
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 10:47:14 +1300, Enkidu
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On 22/11/12 13:36, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>> On Thu, 22 Nov 2012 10:16:18 +1300, Enkidu
    >>>> <> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 21/11/12 21:11, Frank Williams wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Seems to go to Google,com all the time now
    >>>>>> and when forcing it to use Google.co.nz the NZ filter options that
    >>>>>> was at the left is now Gone..
    >>>>>>
    >>>>> It still displays the google.co.nz page.
    >>>>
    >>>> But where is the NZ filter option.?
    >>>>
    >>>Where Richard said. Do a search, then in Firefox it is down the left
    >>>hand side. In Chrome you have to click on "Search Options".
    >>>
    >>>Cheers,
    >>>
    >>>Cliff

    >>
    >>
    >>Sorted out, you have to do a Search first to bring it up.

    >
    >Roger before accusing Google of stuffing up you might have thought to
    >do a Google search on this subject. You might then have found this:



    That why I came here from the useful help some of you give.

    >http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf...oogle-cleans-up-search-page-eyes-mobile-users
    >
    >So the removal of the sidebar was deliberate and as others have said
    >there are alternatives which will also show up on any search.



    Just read this paragraph


    "Well, you might not have. Google tweaked the look of its search"
     
    Frank Williams, Nov 23, 2012
    #17
  18. In article <>, Crash McBash <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >So the removal of the sidebar was deliberate and as others have said
    >there are alternatives which will also show up on any search.


    As much as I hate to agree with Roger, I have to do so here about google's
    'cleaned up' look. I complained to them when they did it.
    At the same time, they also broke what was a simple and easy to understand
    advanced search page by introducing so much extra rubbish it now goes off
    the bottom of the page.

    New <> better ... for details, observe any advertising. :)
     
    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 26, 2012
    #18
  19. Frank Williams

    Geopelia Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote
    in message news:k8u88a$q10$...
    > In article <>, Crash McBash
    > <> wrote:
    > (snip)
    >>So the removal of the sidebar was deliberate and as others have said
    >>there are alternatives which will also show up on any search.

    >
    > As much as I hate to agree with Roger, I have to do so here about google's
    > 'cleaned up' look. I complained to them when they did it.
    > At the same time, they also broke what was a simple and easy to understand
    > advanced search page by introducing so much extra rubbish it now goes off
    > the bottom of the page.
    >
    > New <> better ... for details, observe any advertising. :)
    >
    >


    I've got the opposite problem. I keep getting Google New Zealand and don't
    seem able to change it to Google.com

    Geopelia
     
    Geopelia, Nov 26, 2012
    #19
  20. Frank Williams

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 00:48:09 +1300, Geopelia wrote:

    > I keep getting Google New Zealand and don't
    > seem able to change it to Google.com



    Use this link - add it to your bookmarks/favorites

    http://www.google.com/ncr
     
    Ralph Fox, Nov 26, 2012
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Abso
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    2,702
  2. JW
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    642
  3. LadyLollipop
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    996
    LadyLollipop
    Mar 11, 2005
  4. idownweb.com

    Picasa,Google Picasa,Picasa download,Google Picasa download

    idownweb.com, Nov 29, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    510
  5. woo
    Replies:
    21
    Views:
    1,270
    Quirk E. Dude
    Dec 6, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page