    I see google has one free to download, and it has a thing in the toolbar
    that shows "minutes saved" because of it

    ?
    Beth M., Jan 14, 2006

  2. Beth M.

    Chet Guest

    Web accelerators are usually nowhere as good as the advertising would let
    on. Because they depend on caching and compression they are at their best
    if you look at the same stuff over and over again. In most cases you will
    find that graphics are nowhere as good, because of the compression, but
    probably acceptable. In any case, the server must send the data to you in
    the "accelerated" format or there is no savings at all so a Google
    accelerator might only be of benefit if Google is your ISP.

    Chet, Jan 14, 2006