    Is it because I need something else like Java, Flash.... I must be
    missing some sort of plugin.

    , Jul 31, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Is it because I need something else like Java, Flash.... I must be
    > missing some sort of plugin.

    How about a link to one that doesn't work for you?

    Those videos are not Java, nor Flash (at least the ones I have seen).
    However, JavaScript must be enabled in your browser.

    If you were not aware, Java and JavaScript are two entirely different
    things.

    Try a modern browser as well. Firefox or Opera are both good.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2006

  3. Guest

    it doesn't matter which video i pick... and it always worked with
    internet explorer. i don't think i need firefox or anything. i just
    reinstalled windows so i know i'm just missing whatever plugin i
    need... it was working fine with internet explorer before i
    reinstalled..

  4. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > Is it because I need something else like Java, Flash.... I must be
    > missing some sort of plugin.

    re-install all the media players so IE can recognize them.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Jul 31, 2006
  5. wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it because I need something else like Java, Flash.... I must be
    >>> missing some sort of plugin.

    >> How about a link to one that doesn't work for you?
    >>
    >> Those videos are not Java, nor Flash (at least the ones I have
    >> seen). However, JavaScript must be enabled in your browser.
    >>
    >> If you were not aware, Java and JavaScript are two entirely
    >> different things.
    >>
    >> Try a modern browser as well. Firefox or Opera are both good.

    > it doesn't matter which video i pick... and it always worked with
    > internet explorer.

    Until...

    > i just reinstalled windows so i know i'm just missing whatever plugin
    > i need... it was working fine with internet explorer before i
    > reinstalled..

    Ok. You left out that very important piece of information. Begs the
    question why did you reinstall the OS?

    What plugins were installed before you flattened it and started over?

    Maybe someone who uses XP will have an answer.

    I'd still recommend you try Firefox... for reasons other than watching
    Google videos.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 31, 2006
  6. Muse Gruppes Guest

    wrote:
    > it doesn't matter which video i pick... and it always worked with
    > internet explorer. i don't think i need firefox or anything. i just
    > reinstalled windows so i know i'm just missing whatever plugin i
    > need... it was working fine with internet explorer before i
    > reinstalled..
    >

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is it because I need something else like Java, Flash.... I must be
    >>> missing some sort of plugin.

    >> How about a link to one that doesn't work for you?
    >>
    >> Those videos are not Java, nor Flash (at least the ones I have seen).
    >> However, JavaScript must be enabled in your browser.
    >>
    >> If you were not aware, Java and JavaScript are two entirely different
    >> things.
    >>
    >> Try a modern browser as well. Firefox or Opera are both good.
    >>
    >> --
    >> -bts
    >> -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    make sure you have installed : adobe shockwave, adobe flash, java and
    you should be fine I think... if you DL FF, then you may need to
    reinstall the plugin for any new browser that you DL

    Muse Gruppes, Jul 31, 2006
  7. Knoest Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 06:43:36 GMT, Muse Gruppes
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> it doesn't matter which video i pick... and it always worked with
    >> internet explorer. i don't think i need firefox or anything. i just
    >> reinstalled windows so i know i'm just missing whatever plugin i
    >> need... it was working fine with internet explorer before i
    >> reinstalled..

    Almost all Google movies ( and more movie sites like Youtube )
    are in *.flv format.
    You'll need flashplayer8.0 plugin from macromedia.com.
    Get the newest Shockwave plugin too !

    Knoest, Jul 31, 2006