Google Toolbar

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Marie-Claude Bond, Feb 13, 2004.

    Rick Smith, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Marie-Claude  Bond

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Rick Smith said:

    > I'm running XP with IE6 and I browse full screen.
    > Google Toolbar does NOT block pop-ups when running
    > full screen.
    > What a PIA.
    > They want the thing in your face or it doesn't work.

    Get a popup killer then.
    Brian H¹©, Feb 13, 2004
  4. Marie-Claude  Bond

    Dan Shea Guest

    On 13 Feb 2004 10:37:31 -0800, (Rick Smith)
    wrote:

    >I'm running XP with IE6 and I browse full screen.
    >Google Toolbar does NOT block pop-ups when running
    >full screen.
    >What a PIA.
    >They want the thing in your face or it doesn't work.

    So unlock the toolbars, put the Google toolbar on the same bar as the
    Standard buttons, and shrink it down to minimal size. You've got
    almost full screen and minuscule Google. They don't "want the thing
    in your face" -- well, maybe they DO, but that's not why it has to be
    there for it to work. It's a function of how IE treats toolbars and
    browser plugins.

    Just messing around, I noticed something wierd: the Google toolbar and
    the Norton toolbar got mixed up. Uncheck Norton -> Google disappears,
    and vice versa. Huh.

    Cheers,
    dan
    Dan Shea, Feb 13, 2004
  5. Marie-Claude  Bond

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    (Rick Smith) wrote in

    > I'm running XP with IE6 and I browse full screen.
    > Google Toolbar does NOT block pop-ups when running
    > full screen.
    > What a PIA.
    > They want the thing in your face or it doesn't work.

    Take a look at Avant. This is a free sheel for IE and has lots of additional
    options including ad blocker, pop-up stopper and tabbed browsing.

    www.avantbrowser.com

    I have been using this browser for about a year and am very pleased.
    Fuzzy Logic, Feb 13, 2004
  6. Marie-Claude  Bond

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Feb 13, 2004
  7. Marie-Claude  Bond

    JWooden271 Guest

    Yep, Firefox would be the best solution to your problem. ;)

    JWooden271, Feb 13, 2004
  8. Marie-Claude  Bond

    Iceman Guest

    "Rick Smith" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running XP with IE6 and I browse full screen.
    > Google Toolbar does NOT block pop-ups when running
    > full screen.
    > What a PIA.
    > They want the thing in your face or it doesn't work.

    Try Free Surfer. Works well with XP and IE6.

    http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/
    Iceman, Feb 15, 2004