    Just read an article at PC World that the Google Toolbar for Firefox
    is supposed to be available at 12pm ET today (Thursday). Apparently it's
    been delayed because I can't find it.
    History Fan, Jul 7, 2005

  2. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    The Google Toolbar has just been released, although it is in beta
    format.

    History Fan, Jul 7, 2005

  3. History Fan

    MLC Guest

    Il Thu, 7 Jul 2005 17:09:40 -0400, History Fan ha scritto:

    > The Google Toolbar has just been released, although it is in beta
    > format.
    >
    > "History Fan" <> wrote in message
    >> Just read an article at PC World that the Google Toolbar for Firefox
    >> is supposed to be available at 12pm ET today (Thursday). Apparently it's
    >> been delayed because I can't find it.

    Do you have a link?

    Here
    http://toolbar.google.com/googlebar.html
    I get only:

    "Thanks for your interest in the Google Toolbar.
    It's currently available for Internet Explorer for Windows."

    also after cleaning the cache.

    Thanks,
    --
    Maria L C - 08/07/2005 11.26.01
    MLC, Jul 8, 2005
  4. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    History Fan, Jul 8, 2005
  5. History Fan

    MLC Guest

    Il Fri, 8 Jul 2005 07:30:34 -0400, History Fan ha scritto:

    >> Do you have a link?

    > http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/index.html

    Trying to install it I've got this error:

    "Firefox could not download the file at
    http://toolbar.google.com/firefox/extensions/toolbar/google-toolbar.xpi
    because: Not a valid install package."

    Then I downloaded and installed the extension locally, without problems.
    Strange.

    I'm on dialup and I can't say for sure, but the navigation seems much
    slower now, and often Firefox shows some unusual CPU's usage peaks.

    I'll test it a bit and let's see how it goes...
    --
    Maria L C - 08/07/2005 14.52.29
    MLC, Jul 8, 2005