    not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar would get to
    about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was uninstalled, the update
    worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone else?

    History Fan, Aug 9, 2005

  2. History Fan

    Old Gringo Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > When I installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.06, I suddenly could
    > not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar would get to
    > about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was uninstalled, the update
    > worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone else?

    No, FireFox has built in what most tool bars offer so there is no
    real need for it.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Aug 9, 2005

  3. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    I just installed the Googlebar, which is an unofficial version of the
    Google product. Works fine, and doesn't interfere with the Firefox
    updating. One feature it lacks is the autofill button. Such as when you
    visit a website that asks for your name, home address, phone number or email
    address. With Google Toolbar for IE, those fields are lit up, and I merely
    click a toolbar button to fill in all that data. I looked for a similar
    extension for Firefox but couldn't find one.

    History Fan, Aug 10, 2005
  4. History Fan

    Old Gringo Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > I just installed the Googlebar, which is an unofficial version of the
    > Google product. Works fine, and doesn't interfere with the Firefox
    > updating. One feature it lacks is the autofill button. Such as when you
    > visit a website that asks for your name, home address, phone number or email
    > address. With Google Toolbar for IE, those fields are lit up, and I merely
    > click a toolbar button to fill in all that data. I looked for a similar
    > extension for Firefox but couldn't find one.
    >
    > "Old Gringo" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>History Fan wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I installed the Google Toolbar for Firefox 1.06, I suddenly
    >>>could not use the update feature for that browser. The progress bar
    >>>would get to about 70%, then stop. Once the Google toolbar was
    >>>uninstalled, the update worked fine again. Has this happened to anyone
    >>>else?

    >>No, FireFox has built in what most tool bars offer so there is no real
    >>need for it.
    >>
    >>--
    >>Old Gringo George
    >>Magic Weaver Of Life
    >>Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >>Freedom For The World <http://www.nuboy-Industries.com>

    there is an extension for that at Mozilla but they were having some
    problems with it when FireFox 1.0.6 came out. I think this is what
    you are looking for:
    http://tinyurl.com/7ud8o

    Old Gringo, Aug 10, 2005