Google services - Gmail, Earth, Desktop, Talk

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by wewa, Sep 14, 2005.

  1. wewa

    wewa Guest

    I have Google gmail, of course, web based, works on any platform with a
    browser, no brainer.
    http://gmail.google.com/

    I have run Google Earth, which is very, very, very cool (make sure you have
    a OpenGL capable video card for best results, or it will default to activex,
    not as pretty), and Google Talk which is very basic, compared to MSN
    Messenger, but tough choice if you have to choose between ads, bullshit, and
    emotions, or plain with VOIP. NOT!
    http://earth.google.com/
    http://www.google.com/talk

    But I want to run Google Desktop 2.0, as its sidebar is pretty handy, with a
    notepad, weather, headlines, and such.
    http://desktop.google.com/?promo=mp-gds-v1-1

    But the installer refuses to run saying I need a version of windows that is
    compatible, or with Service Pack 3.
    I tried looking up x64 support, but nada:
    http://desktop.google.com/support

    Anybody get Google Desktop 2.0 to install/run on their x64?

    Thanks.
    wewa, Sep 14, 2005