    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!
    Kneewax, Jan 13, 2005

  2. Kneewax wrote:
    > Anyone know if its possible to change the default google search bar that
    > is default in FF1.0 to scholar.google.com rather than standard google
    > search.
    >
    > Cheers Kneewax

    Look at Mycroft:

    http://mycroft.mozdev.org

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 13, 2005

  3. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    <snip>
    > Look at Mycroft:
    >
    > http://mycroft.mozdev.org
    >
    > Lee

    </snip>

    Sadly - scholar.google.com seems to be the one google engine they don't
    have a plugin for :-( Thanks for the tip though, I'll check back in a
    month or too!

    Cheers
    Kneewax

    History is an illusion caused by the passage of time.
    Time is an illusion caused by the passage of History
    - Wave Harmonic Theory of
    Historical Perception (DNA)

    Make my 'cold' a 'hot' to mail me!
    Kneewax, Jan 13, 2005
  4. Kneewax wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >> Look at Mycroft:
    >>
    >> http://mycroft.mozdev.org
    >>
    >> Lee

    > </snip>
    >
    > Sadly - scholar.google.com seems to be the one google engine they don't
    > have a plugin for :-( Thanks for the tip though, I'll check back in a
    > month or too!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Kneewax

    Create your own?

    http://mycroft.mozdev.org/contribute.html

    YOu could probably use the many existing Googlre plugins as models.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Jan 13, 2005
  5. Kneewax

    Splibbilla Guest

    Leonidas Jones <> in news:i8BFd.9178$:

    > could probably use the many existing Googlre plugins as models.

    Make a text file (using notepad for example)
    save as ScholarGoogle.src
    be sure the file is in searchplugins folder (a subfolder in Mozilla folder)
    paste the all stuff far below into your text file
    then restart/start Moz or Firefox.

    # Mozilla/(assume Firefox, too) scholar.google.com plug-in as mangled by Splibblyblibbly alt.fan.mozilla from the plain
    google.src by

    <search
    name="ScholarGoogle"
    description="Scholar Google Search"
    method="GET"
    # blank query http://scholar.google.com/
    action="http://scholar.google.com/scholar"
    queryEncoding="utf-8"
    queryCharset="utf-8"

    # <input name="q" user>
    # or
    <input name="q" user="">
    # commented out these options:
    # <input name="sourceid" value="mozilla-search">
    # <inputnext name="start" factor="10">
    # <inputprev name="start" factor="10">
    # <input name="ie" value="utf-8">
    # <input name="oe" value="utf-8">
    # <input name="hl" value="en">

    <interpret
    browserResultType="result"
    charset = "UTF-8"
    resultListStart="<!--a-->"
    resultListEnd="<!--z-->"
    resultItemStart="<!--m-->"
    resultItemEnd="<!--n-->"

    </search>

    <browser
    # comment-out update, because this SRC and PNG haven't been submitted to mycroft anyways!
    # update="http://www.google.com/mozilla/ScholarGoogle.src"
    # updateIcon="http://mycroft.mozdev.org/plugins/ScholarGoogle.png"
    # updateCheckDays=1

    Splibbilla, Jan 15, 2005
  6. Kneewax

    Splibbilla Guest

    Splibbilla <> in news:Xns95DEEC4BD9D8E7@64.85.239.19:

    <interpret
    browserResultType="result"
    charset = "UTF-8"
    resultListStart="<!--a-->"
    resultListEnd="<!--z-->"
    resultItemStart="<!--m-->"
    resultItemEnd="<!--n-->"

    oops. if you want sidebar results (which aren't very useful, because they aren't much distinguishable from each other), replace
    the above with this:

    <interpret
    browserResultType='result'
    resultListStart='<span class="w">'
    resultListEnd='<div class=n>'
    resultItemStart='<font size=-2><b>'
    resultItemEnd='</font></font>'

    Splibbilla, Jan 15, 2005
  7. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Kneewax wrote:
    >
    >> Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> <snip>
    >>

    > Create your own?
    >
    > http://mycroft.mozdev.org/contribute.html
    >
    > YOu could probably use the many existing Googlre plugins as models.
    >
    > Lee

    </snip>

    Thanks Lee - I've had a go at that now and submitted one, seems to work
    my end, so hopefully it'll be of some use to others.....

    Kneewax, Jan 17, 2005
  8. Kneewax

    Kneewax Guest

    Splibbilla wrote:

    <snip>

    Thanks, for that. However I had a hash myself before I saw your post,
    and got accurate results, will check my version against yours to see the
    differences and see if I can work out what they do! (Its been a while
    since I coded anything, and my COBOL programming training is fairly
    insignificant these days!! :) )

    Cheers Kneewax
    Kneewax, Jan 17, 2005