    direction.

    And no I don't want to know just so I can turn "safe search" of and
    use said phrases for search queries, it is mearly a passing thought.
    T.N.O., Jul 22, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    Peter Guest

    On 22 Jul 2003 12:34:11 -0700, (T.N.O.) wrote:

    >The thought just occured to me that I would like to know what is on
    >Googles list of "pornography and explicit sexual content" "keywords
    >and phrases"...
    >
    >Anyone have any pointers?
    >
    >I realise that the Google page says "advanced proprietary technology"
    >but figure that someone may be able to point me in the right
    >direction.
    >
    >And no I don't want to know just so I can turn "safe search" of and
    >use said phrases for search queries, it is mearly a passing thought.

    Doubtful that Google would reveal this, as circumvention would be
    facilitated. It would also be a 'moving target' as Google is
    continually refining its technology to give a better search experience
    and to counter abusive methods of obtaining high search rankings.
    Peter, Jul 23, 2003

    :
    : >The thought just occured to me that I would like to know what is on
    : >Googles list of "pornography and explicit sexual content" "keywords
    : >and phrases"...
    : >
    : >Anyone have any pointers?
    : >
    : >I realise that the Google page says "advanced proprietary technology"
    : >but figure that someone may be able to point me in the right
    : >direction.
    : >
    : >And no I don't want to know just so I can turn "safe search" of and
    : >use said phrases for search queries, it is mearly a passing thought.
    :
    : Doubtful that Google would reveal this, as circumvention would be
    : facilitated. It would also be a 'moving target' as Google is
    : continually refining its technology to give a better search experience
    : and to counter abusive methods of obtaining high search rankings.

    Vaguely related, and perhaps of interest:
    http://sethf.com/anticensorware/general/google-censorship.php

    On another note, (doesn't apply to Google) this might interest as well:
    http://sethf.com/anticensorware/general/china.php
    Ross Matheson, Jul 23, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest