    in it. In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need
    for them to change it, since they already have account access. Or can
    the password changing be done without knowing the password?
    Gib Bogle, May 12, 2012

  2. Gib Bogle

    Richard Guest

    On 5/12/2012 11:16 PM, Gib Bogle wrote:
    > I just got email, supposedly from google, telling me that my google
    > account password had been changed recently, suggesting that my account
    > might have been hijacked, and giving a URL to go to the reset my
    > password if necessary. I immediately suspected phishing, but there were
    > no giveaway signs. To check I tried to login to gmail - indeed my
    > password had been changed, 8 hours ago. So the email really was from
    > google. I changed my password. I hardly ever use gmail, so that's not
    > specifically a concern, but it does concern me that google cannot keep
    > passwords secure. I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    > google account. What could they do with it? I do have some code stored
    > on googledocs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else having an interest
    > in it. In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need for
    > them to change it, since they already have account access. Or can the
    > password changing be done without knowing the password?

    Ages back some friends were constanlty resetting each others windows
    live passwords because of that retarded thing where they have "secret"
    questions like fave colour and things like that.

    Check the forgot password process for your google account, if you set it
    up ages ago without thinking about those retarded questions and they are
    guessable then thats probably how someone you know would get into it.
    Richard, May 12, 2012

  3. Gib Bogle

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 12 May 2012 23:16:06 +1200, in message <jolgpp$rgm$>
    Gib Bogle wrote:

    > I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    > google account. What could they do with it?

    So that your friends can receive emails directly from "you"
    recommending certain products, requesting emergency funds to
    an overseas vacation address, etc.

    Here's one I got from a hijacked Hotmail account.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, May 12, 2012
  4. Gib Bogle

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-12, Gib Bogle <> wrote:
    > I just got email, supposedly from google, telling me that my google
    > account password had been changed recently, suggesting that my account
    > might have been hijacked, and giving a URL to go to the reset my
    > password if necessary. I immediately suspected phishing, but there were
    > no giveaway signs. To check I tried to login to gmail - indeed my
    > password had been changed, 8 hours ago. So the email really was from
    > google. I changed my password. I hardly ever use gmail, so that's not
    > specifically a concern, but it does concern me that google cannot keep
    > passwords secure. I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    > google account. What could they do with it? I do have some code stored
    > on googledocs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else having an interest
    > in it. In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need
    > for them to change it, since they already have account access. Or can
    > the password changing be done without knowing the password?

    Shit. Even lawyers have given up on this kind of format.

    Okay let me try a re format. BTW do you talks like this?

    > I just got email, supposedly from google, telling me that my google
    > account password had been changed recently, suggesting that my account
    > might have been hijacked, and giving a URL to go to the reset my
    > password if necessary.

    Google. (BABYMASH, you are needed now)

    > I immediately suspected phishing, but there were
    > no giveaway signs.

    Huh?

    > To check I tried to login to gmail - indeed my
    > password had been changed, 8 hours ago. So the email really was from
    > google. I changed my password.

    Tell us how?

    > I hardly ever use gmail, so that's not
    > specifically a concern, but it does concern me that google cannot keep
    > passwords secure. I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    > google account.

    Why do people go to war? To get all sorts of gains, well in idea.

    > What could they do with it? I do have some code stored
    > on googledocs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else having an interest
    > in it.

    go on give me your passwrd and login and I shall check.

    > In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need
    > for them to change it, since they already have account access.

    Indeed. So way are thet *saying* they have. Go on think about it.

    > Or can
    > the password changing be done without knowing the password?

    As Red Forman often said Dumb Arse.

    Woger, you have risen in the ranks, for now.
    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  5. Gib Bogle

    Gordon Guest

    On 2012-05-12, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 May 2012 23:16:06 +1200, in message <jolgpp$rgm$>
    > Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >> I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    >> google account. What could they do with it?

    > So that your friends can receive emails directly from "you"
    > recommending certain products, requesting emergency funds to
    > an overseas vacation address, etc.
    >
    > Here's one I got from a hijacked Hotmail account.
    >
    >| Dear friends:
    >| i have bought one iphone from china with the lower price,i got it within
    >| 3 days,so fast!and i am very satisfactory with
    >| their service and its quality!
    >| also their company sales many other good electronics!pls be hurry to
    >| vivsit their site!and you will find the big suprise!www.********.***

    Heck, gentle readers of Usenet, do we have a change underway here? New folks
    joining the discussion. The niche is about to widen, if this is the case.
    Gordon, May 13, 2012
  6. Gib Bogle

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On 13 May 2012 05:11:05 GMT, in message <>
    Gordon wrote:

    > Heck, gentle readers of Usenet, do we have a change underway here? New folks
    > joining the discussion. The niche is about to widen, if this is the case.

    Who might you be calling "new folks"? The hijackers of Gmail/Hotmail
    accounts themselves are not joining the Usenet discussion.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, May 13, 2012
  7. Gib Bogle

    Donchano Guest

    On Sat, 12 May 2012 23:55:28 +1200, Ralph Fox <>
    shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Sat, 12 May 2012 23:16:06 +1200, in message <jolgpp$rgm$>
    >Gib Bogle wrote:
    >
    >> I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    >> google account. What could they do with it?

    >So that your friends can receive emails directly from "you"
    >recommending certain products, requesting emergency funds to
    >an overseas vacation address, etc.
    >
    >Here's one I got from a hijacked Hotmail account.
    >
    >| Dear friends:
    >| i have bought one iphone from china with the lower price,i got it within
    >| 3 days,so fast!and i am very satisfactory with
    >| their service and its quality!
    >| also their company sales many other good electronics!pls be hurry to
    >| vivsit their site!and you will find the big suprise!www.********.***

    Looks like it might have been written by either Woger ... or a
    Nigerian scammer.
    Donchano, May 13, 2012
  8. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 13/05/2012 5:05 p.m., Gordon wrote:
    > On 2012-05-12, Gib Bogle<> wrote:
    >> I just got email, supposedly from google, telling me that my google
    >> account password had been changed recently, suggesting that my account
    >> might have been hijacked, and giving a URL to go to the reset my
    >> password if necessary. I immediately suspected phishing, but there were
    >> no giveaway signs. To check I tried to login to gmail - indeed my
    >> password had been changed, 8 hours ago. So the email really was from
    >> google. I changed my password. I hardly ever use gmail, so that's not
    >> specifically a concern, but it does concern me that google cannot keep
    >> passwords secure. I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    >> google account. What could they do with it? I do have some code stored
    >> on googledocs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else having an interest
    >> in it. In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need
    >> for them to change it, since they already have account access. Or can
    >> the password changing be done without knowing the password?

    > Shit. Even lawyers have given up on this kind of format.
    >
    > Okay let me try a re format. BTW do you talks like this?
    >
    >> I just got email, supposedly from google, telling me that my google
    >> account password had been changed recently, suggesting that my account
    >> might have been hijacked, and giving a URL to go to the reset my
    >> password if necessary.

    > Google. (BABYMASH, you are needed now)
    >
    >> I immediately suspected phishing, but there were
    >> no giveaway signs.

    > Huh?
    >
    >> To check I tried to login to gmail - indeed my
    >> password had been changed, 8 hours ago. So the email really was from
    >> google. I changed my password.

    > Tell us how?
    >
    >> I hardly ever use gmail, so that's not
    >> specifically a concern, but it does concern me that google cannot keep
    >> passwords secure. I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    >> google account.

    > Why do people go to war? To get all sorts of gains, well in idea.
    >

    >> What could they do with it? I do have some code stored
    >> on googledocs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else having an interest
    >> in it.

    > go on give me your passwrd and login and I shall check.
    >
    >> In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need
    >> for them to change it, since they already have account access.

    > Indeed. So way are thet *saying* they have. Go on think about it.
    >
    >> Or can
    >> the password changing be done without knowing the password?

    > As Red Forman often said Dumb Arse.
    >
    > Woger, you have risen in the ranks, for now.

    After some thought, I conclude that you think I was suckered by a
    phishing email. Presumably you think that I followed the URL in the
    email that I received. No, this is not what I did. I went to
    gmail.com, and logged in to my google account in the usual way. At this
    point google informed me that my password had been changed 8 hours
    earlier. Now perhaps you think that gmail.com has been hijacked. Is
    that your theory?
    Gib Bogle, May 13, 2012
  9. Gib Bogle

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 13/05/2012 5:05 p.m., Gordon wrote:

    > Shit. Even lawyers have given up on this kind of format.
    >
    > Okay let me try a re format. BTW do you talks like this?
    >
    >> I just got email, supposedly from google, telling me that my google
    >> account password had been changed recently, suggesting that my account
    >> might have been hijacked, and giving a URL to go to the reset my
    >> password if necessary.

    > Google. (BABYMASH, you are needed now)
    >
    >> I immediately suspected phishing, but there were
    >> no giveaway signs.

    > Huh?
    >
    >> To check I tried to login to gmail - indeed my
    >> password had been changed, 8 hours ago. So the email really was from
    >> google. I changed my password.

    > Tell us how?
    >
    >> I hardly ever use gmail, so that's not
    >> specifically a concern, but it does concern me that google cannot keep
    >> passwords secure. I'm also puzzled why anyone would want to hijack my
    >> google account.

    > Why do people go to war? To get all sorts of gains, well in idea.
    >

    >> What could they do with it? I do have some code stored
    >> on googledocs, but it's hard to imagine anyone else having an interest
    >> in it.

    > go on give me your passwrd and login and I shall check.
    >
    >> In any case, if someone knows one's password, there's no need
    >> for them to change it, since they already have account access.

    > Indeed. So way are thet *saying* they have. Go on think about it.
    >
    >> Or can
    >> the password changing be done without knowing the password?

    > As Red Forman often said Dumb Arse.
    >
    > Woger, you have risen in the ranks, for now.

    I'm not surprised, given the insolent tone of your post, that you have
    not had the gumption to admit that you were wrong. It seems to me that
    you have a psychological-emotional problem, and rather than making
    inappropriate insulting posts, you'd be better to seek professional help.
    Gib Bogle, May 16, 2012
  10. Gib Bogle

    jackoraro

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Me too!

    I just got my password changed but I didn't get an email from Google.
    I tried to recover it, but it's just sending the email to someone else
    Do you have any advice?
    jackoraro, Jun 15, 2012