    navigate to Firefox, it proceeds to download a file. Any ideas how to
    just get a search results window with links?
    Thanks - Jim
    Jim, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Jim

    Ryan Jackson Guest

    What is the file extension of the file being downloaded?

    Ryan Jackson, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Jim

    Avalanche Guest

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:21:17 -0700, Jim <> wrote:

    >When I try a Google search, I get an "Opening Search" popup window. The
    >options are "open with" and "Save to disk". When I try "open with" and
    >navigate to Firefox, it proceeds to download a file. Any ideas how to
    >just get a search results window with links?
    >Thanks - Jim

    Jim, unclear.

    If you haven't got Firefox 1.0, get it. It opens with default home
    page with Google and should not behave that way.

    "When I try a Google search" does not say how you got to Google. You
    can go to http://google.com , and it should not give you such a
    message.

    Sounds like, somehow, you're trying to download the Google program.
    You must know that's not how it works.

    Brad
    Avalanche, Dec 13, 2004