Google NZ down??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Collector»NZ, Nov 18, 2006.

  1. cant get to google.co.nz at the moment.

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    Collector»NZ, Nov 18, 2006

  2. Collector»NZ

    liamo Guest

    no problem with accessing google nz with me..
    ??

    liamo, Nov 18, 2006

  3. Collector»NZ

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:32:32 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> exclaimed:

    >Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

    And why do you get to decide what's appropriate?

    If someone posted to 2 or 3 different groups, they obviously thought
    it was appropriate. Why would you come in after and net nanny them
    back to the group(s) which *you* think are appropriate?
    Fred Dagg, Nov 18, 2006
  4. Collector»NZ

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:25:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:32:32 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >> <> exclaimed:
    >>
    >>> Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

    >> And why do you get to decide what's appropriate?
    >>
    >> If someone posted to 2 or 3 different groups, they obviously thought
    >> it was appropriate. Why would you come in after and net nanny them
    >> back to the group(s) which *you* think are appropriate?

    >Because as the poster I get to choose. Get over it and get a life

    The previous poster started the thread, it is them that have already
    chosen.

    You're just being a tosser.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 18, 2006

    Collector»NZ, Nov 18, 2006
  6. Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:25:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > <> exclaimed:
    >
    >> Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:32:32 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >>> <> exclaimed:

    >>> And why do you get to decide what's appropriate?
    >>>
    >>> If someone posted to 2 or 3 different groups, they obviously thought
    >>> it was appropriate. Why would you come in after and net nanny them
    >>> back to the group(s) which *you* think are appropriate?

    >> Because as the poster I get to choose. Get over it and get a life

    > The previous poster started the thread, it is them that have already
    > chosen.
    >
    > You're just being a tosser.

    Dickhead get a life I started the thread. Learn to follow a thread.

    Plonker

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    Collector»NZ, Nov 18, 2006
  7. Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:25:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > <> exclaimed:
    >
    >> Fred Dagg wrote:
    >>> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:32:32 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >>> <> exclaimed:

    >>> And why do you get to decide what's appropriate?
    >>>
    >>> If someone posted to 2 or 3 different groups, they obviously thought
    >>> it was appropriate. Why would you come in after and net nanny them
    >>> back to the group(s) which *you* think are appropriate?

    >> Because as the poster I get to choose. Get over it and get a life

    > The previous poster started the thread, it is them that have already
    > chosen.
    >
    > You're just being a tosser.

    And also, the follow ups affect replies to my posts only so I still get to
    choose, you need to get back on the medication

    | Local 38.2330S, 175.8670E |
    Collector»NZ, Nov 18, 2006
  8. Collector»NZ

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:42:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    <> exclaimed:

    >Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:25:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >> <> exclaimed:

    >>> Because as the poster I get to choose. Get over it and get a life

    >> The previous poster started the thread, it is them that have already
    >> chosen.
    >>
    >> You're just being a tosser.

    >And also, the follow ups affect replies to my posts only so I still get to
    >choose, you need to get back on the medication

    LOL... Chill out, man.

    It's not just this thread we're talking about, buddy.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 18, 2006
  9. Collector»NZ

    Shane Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    >> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:25:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    >> <> exclaimed:

    >>> Because as the poster I get to choose. Get over it and get a life

    >> The previous poster started the thread, it is them that have already
    >> chosen.
    >>
    >> You're just being a tosser.

    > And also, the follow ups affect replies to my posts only so I still get to
    > choose, you need to get back on the medication

    I cant resist poking my nose in :)
    Where you set the follow-ups to is your business, regardless if you are the
    OP or not, the fact you have the courtesy to warn others is more than most.
    My client (Knode) changes the followups to crossposted articles, stripping
    the followups down to one group, by default
    (And I dont warn people, I figure if they arent watching what they are
    doing.. what are they doing on usenet)

    --
    Zapp Brannigan: You see, Killbots have a preset kill limit. Knowing their
    weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them, until they reached

    blog: http://shanes.dyndns.org
    Shane, Nov 18, 2006
  10. Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:32:32 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > <> exclaimed:
    >
    >> Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

    > And why do you get to decide what's appropriate?
    >
    > If someone posted to 2 or 3 different groups, they obviously thought
    > it was appropriate. Why would you come in after and net nanny them
    > back to the group(s) which *you* think are appropriate?

    Classic.
    Mark Robinson, Nov 18, 2006
  11. Collector»NZ

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > Fred Dagg wrote:
    > > On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:25:12 +1300, Collector»NZ
    > > <> exclaimed:

    > > > Because as the poster I get to choose. Get over it and get a life

    > > The previous poster started the thread, it is them that have already
    > > chosen.
    > >
    > > You're just being a tosser.

    > Dickhead get a life I started the thread. Learn to follow a thread.
    >
    > Plonker

    I don't know why you don't have him killfiled. This group is a much more
    pleasant place to be with a little judicious killfiling.
    --
    Shaun.
    ~misfit~, Nov 19, 2006
  12. In article <455fa110$>,
    says...

    > I don't know why you don't have him killfiled. This group is a much more
    > pleasant place to be with a little judicious killfiling.
    > --
    > Shaun.

    Heh, you said it. I also find that Usenet is a much more enjoyable place since
    I set my newsreader to ignore any thread that is crossposted to more than two
    groups (which I finally did a couple of weeks ago). Suddenly all those cooks
    are gone from misc.rural and rec.woorworking for instance .... :) ;-) :)

    I was on the verge of unsubscribing a number of groups because the troll to ppl
    ratio just got too bothersome to even want to manually 'ignore' all the threads
    they started.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Nov 19, 2006