    What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
    find anything on the site.

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jan 14, 2013

  2. Geopelia

    Ralph Fox Guest

    At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link to Google.com.

    Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your favorites.

    --
    Kind regards
    Ralph
    Ralph Fox, Jan 14, 2013

  3. On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:33:07 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:08:35 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
    >> find anything on the site.

    >At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link to Google.com.
    >
    >Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your favorites.

    I think you will find that Google.com does not give you the NZ search
    option.

    So its not so good to use Google.com you are in NZ not US.
    Frank Williams, Jan 14, 2013
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Ralph Fox" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:08:35 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
    >
    >> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I
    >> can't
    >> find anything on the site.

    > At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link
    > to Google.com.
    >
    > Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your
    > favorites.

    Thank you. I see I can change it back if if I need New Zealand information.

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jan 14, 2013
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Frank Williams" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:33:07 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:08:35 +1300, Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >>> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I
    >>> can't
    >>> find anything on the site.

    >>At the bottom far right of www.google.co.nz there is a grey-coloured link
    >>to Google.com.
    >>
    >>Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your
    >>favorites.

    > I think you will find that Google.com does not give you the NZ search
    > option.
    >

    > So its not so good to use Google.com you are in NZ not US.

    Most of what I look for isn't New Zealand information. I can change it back
    now if I need to.
    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jan 14, 2013
  6. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kd03sq$ehi$>, , Geopelia
    says...

    > What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
    > find anything on the site.
    >
    > Geopelia

    Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
    the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
    as you can go)).

    Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
    understood his comment - which is the same as mine.

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jan 14, 2013
  7. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kd03sq$ehi$>, , Geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I
    >> can't
    >> find anything on the site.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
    > the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
    > as you can go)).
    >
    > Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
    > understood his comment - which is the same as mine.

    Thanks to all, I can switch from one to the other now.

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jan 14, 2013
  8. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 15/01/13 01:42, Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <kd03sq$ehi$>, , Geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
    >> find anything on the site.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
    > the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
    > as you can go)).
    >
    > Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
    > understood his comment - which is the same as mine.

    Google seem to show everything on the page including that line of links
    if the window is maximised. I've never noticed the link (but them I've
    not looked for it) and it is in pale grey on a white screen, which
    doesn't make it noticeable!

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Jan 14, 2013
  9. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <50f48461$>, ,
    Enkidu says...

    > On 15/01/13 01:42, Dave Doe wrote:
    > > In article <kd03sq$ehi$>, , Geopelia
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> What do I click to change Google New Zealand to Google.com please? I can't
    > >> find anything on the site.
    > >>
    > >> Geopelia

    > > Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
    > > the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
    > > as you can go)).
    > >
    > > Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
    > > understood his comment - which is the same as mine.
    > >

    > Google seem to show everything on the page including that line of links
    > if the window is maximised. I've never noticed the link (but them I've
    > not looked for it) and it is in pale grey on a white screen, which
    > doesn't make it noticeable!

    That indeed could be exaberated on Geo's screen, which IIRC, is not in
    native resolution, ever since the "computer man" upgraded the monitor to
    an LCD, but did not think through the ramifications of doing so (didn't
    upgrade the video card to go with it to support widescreen format).

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jan 15, 2013
  10. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2013-01-14, geoff <> wrote:

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Most of what I look for isn't New Zealand information. I can change it
    >> back now if I need to.
    >> Geopelia

    > Google.co.nz is essentially identixcal to Google.com except for minor menu
    > differnces (and maybe the ads). You are still search the whole google
    > 'world' on g.....co.nz - there is no point in changing anything.

    However I have the feeling that the *order* of the results ware different.
    If you are in NZ then if you search for Motels (the buildings not the group)
    you get the NZ at the top of the list. Appears that is not the best of
    examples.
    Gordon, Jan 15, 2013
  11. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <50f48461$>, ,
    > Enkidu says...
    >>
    >> On 15/01/13 01:42, Dave Doe wrote:
    >> > In article <kd03sq$ehi$>, , Geopelia
    >> > says...

    >> > Huh, there's only about ten things on the entire page - the link is at
    >> > the bottom right of the page (you may need to scroll down a bit (as far
    >> > as you can go)).
    >> >
    >> > Just mentioning that incase you just used Ralph's link, rather than
    >> > understood his comment - which is the same as mine.
    >> >

    >> Google seem to show everything on the page including that line of links
    >> if the window is maximised. I've never noticed the link (but them I've
    >> not looked for it) and it is in pale grey on a white screen, which
    >> doesn't make it noticeable!

    > That indeed could be exaberated on Geo's screen, which IIRC, is not in
    > native resolution, ever since the "computer man" upgraded the monitor to
    > an LCD, but did not think through the ramifications of doing so (didn't
    > upgrade the video card to go with it to support widescreen format).

    I didn't know it had a video card, whatever that is. I suppose that's stuck
    in the box where I wouldn't notice it.
    My previous computer man installed the new monitor.
    I change the size myself down at the bottom right corner. I usually have
    125. That loses the side of the screen, but as that's only ads on Google
    they are not missed!
    Geopelia, Jan 15, 2013
  12. On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:56:26 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >"Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <50f48461$>, ,

    >>> Google seem to show everything on the page including that line of links
    >>> if the window is maximised. I've never noticed the link (but them I've
    >>> not looked for it) and it is in pale grey on a white screen, which
    >>> doesn't make it noticeable!

    >> That indeed could be exaberated on Geo's screen, which IIRC, is not in
    >> native resolution, ever since the "computer man" upgraded the monitor to
    >> an LCD, but did not think through the ramifications of doing so (didn't
    >> upgrade the video card to go with it to support widescreen format).
    >>

    >I didn't know it had a video card, whatever that is. I suppose that's stuck
    >in the box where I wouldn't notice it.
    >My previous computer man installed the new monitor.
    >I change the size myself down at the bottom right corner. I usually have
    >125. That loses the side of the screen, but as that's only ads on Google
    >they are not missed!

    PLESE SET THAT BACK TO 100% YOU ARE DOING THE wrong THING AGAIN.

    Get this imaginary Computer man/boy to set it up correctly.

    You keep referring to this thing or person but he never does a thing.

    This screen size thing goes back 6 months or more, Please explain
    that..?
    Frank Williams, Jan 15, 2013
  13. Geopelia

    > On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:56:26 +1300, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <50f48461$>, ,
    >>> Enkidu says...

    >>> That indeed could be exaberated on Geo's screen, which IIRC, is not in
    >>> native resolution, ever since the "computer man" upgraded the monitor to
    >>> an LCD, but did not think through the ramifications of doing so (didn't
    >>> upgrade the video card to go with it to support widescreen format).
    >>>

    >>I didn't know it had a video card, whatever that is. I suppose that's
    >>stuck
    >>in the box where I wouldn't notice it.
    >>My previous computer man installed the new monitor.
    >>I change the size myself down at the bottom right corner. I usually have
    >>125. That loses the side of the screen, but as that's only ads on Google
    >>they are not missed!
    >>

    > PLESE SET THAT BACK TO 100% YOU ARE DOING THE wrong THING AGAIN.
    >
    > Get this imaginary Computer man/boy to set it up correctly.
    >
    > You keep referring to this thing or person but he never does a thing.
    >

    > This screen size thing goes back 6 months or more, Please explain
    > that..?

    I just change it whenever I want to. It goes 100,125 and 150. Changing it
    doesn't seem to do any harm
    I need bigger type to read some things, especially Facebook.

    My present computer man knows what he is doing, which is more than I do with
    the technical stuff!
    Geopelia, Jan 15, 2013
  14. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >> On 2013-01-14, geoff <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>> Google.co.nz is essentially identixcal to Google.com except for minor
    >>> menu
    >>> differnces (and maybe the ads). You are still search the whole google
    >>> 'world' on g.....co.nz - there is no point in changing anything.
    >>>

    >> However I have the feeling that the *order* of the results ware
    >> different.
    >> If you are in NZ then if you search for Motels (the buildings not the
    >> group)
    >> you get the NZ at the top of the list. Appears that is not the best of
    >> examples.

    > I think Geo was (still is ?) under the misapprehension that Google NZ
    > gives exclusively NZ answers, and that you need to switch to google.com
    > for global answers....
    >
    > geoff

    No, most of what I look up doesn't seem to be from any particular country.

    Geopelia
    Geopelia, Jan 16, 2013
  15. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <kd64p6$sn$>, , Geopelia
    says...

    > "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    > >> However I have the feeling that the *order* of the results ware
    > >> different.
    > >> If you are in NZ then if you search for Motels (the buildings not the
    > >> group)
    > >> you get the NZ at the top of the list. Appears that is not the best of
    > >> examples.

    > > I think Geo was (still is ?) under the misapprehension that Google NZ
    > > gives exclusively NZ answers, and that you need to switch to google.com
    > > for global answers....
    > >
    > > geoff
    > >

    > No, most of what I look up doesn't seem to be from any particular country.
    >
    > Geopelia

    What is the reason you want to use google.com, vs google.co.nz ?

    --
    Duncan.
    Dave Doe, Jan 16, 2013
  16. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kd64p6$sn$>, , Geopelia
    > says...
    >>
    >> "geoff" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    >> > I think Geo was (still is ?) under the misapprehension that Google NZ
    >> > gives exclusively NZ answers, and that you need to switch to google.com
    >> > for global answers....
    >> >
    >> > geoff
    >> >

    >> No, most of what I look up doesn't seem to be from any particular
    >> country.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > What is the reason you want to use google.com, vs google.co.nz ?

    For the overseas news. I use Google News a lot.
    And Google Images
    Geopelia, Jan 17, 2013
  17. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I think Geo was (still is ?) under the misapprehension that Google NZ
    >>> gives exclusively NZ answers, and that you need to switch to google.com
    >>> for global answers....
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> No, most of what I look up doesn't seem to be from any particular
    >> country.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > So you don't need to chop and change Google 'homes' then ! Ever !
    >
    > geoff

    It makes a difference with Google News.
    Geopelia, Jan 17, 2013
  18. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    In article <>,
    Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:33:07 +1300, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    >

    > >Or, use this link: http://www.google.com/ncr -- add it to your favorites.

    > I think you will find that Google.com does not give you the NZ search
    > option.
    >

    > So its not so good to use Google.com you are in NZ not US.

    Not so. If you're on a google.com page and you suddenly want an nz
    specific search, just add site:nz to your search criteria.

    --
    dee
    Mike Dee, Jan 17, 2013
  19. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> For the overseas news. I use Google News a lot.
    >> And Google Images

    > Yes. You don't need to change from google.co.nz for any of that . But for
    > best international news try bbcnews.com .
    >
    > geoff

    Thank you, that's a great website

    geopelia
    Geopelia, Jan 17, 2013
  20. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2013-01-16, geoff <> wrote:

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> I think Geo was (still is ?) under the misapprehension that Google NZ
    >>> gives exclusively NZ answers, and that you need to switch to google.com
    >>> for global answers....
    >>>
    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> No, most of what I look up doesn't seem to be from any particular country.
    >>
    >> Geopelia

    > So you don't need to chop and change Google 'homes' then ! Ever !

    In fact you might like to go to "Advanced" search. It exists, I have tried
    it and lost interest.
    Gordon, Jan 18, 2013