Google moon

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mark Remfrey Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >
    > http://moon.google.com

    I laughed my ass off at the result of zooming in too close.... I'm not
    spoiling it, look for yourself!

    Regards,
    Mark Remfrey
    Mark Remfrey, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Joe Black Guest

    Re: Google moon (OT)

    > heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >
    > http://moon.google.com
    >
    > --
    > http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    > http://synaptic.net.nz <- Dunedin Based IT and ISP services

    Dave

    On synaptic.net, when I click "Q&A" I get a page that says:
    Index of src/page and then a list of files.

    - Joe
    Joe Black, Jul 20, 2005
  4. On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:56:08 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >
    >http://moon.google.com

    Interesting when you zoom in too much. didn't know the moon was made
    of that :)

    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Re: Google moon (OT)

    Joe Black wrote:
    > On synaptic.net, when I click "Q&A" I get a page that says:
    > Index of src/page and then a list of files.

    interesting... it seems to do that only sometimes.

    Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Re: Google moon (OT)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Joe Black wrote:
    >
    >> On synaptic.net, when I click "Q&A" I get a page that says:
    >> Index of src/page and then a list of files.

    > interesting... it seems to do that only sometimes.
    >
    > Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

    And only seems to do it in IE too... might need to make an indes file
    rather than main and see what happens.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 20, 2005
  7. Re: Google moon (OT)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> On synaptic.net, when I click "Q&A" I get a page that says:
    >>> Index of src/page and then a list of files.

    >> interesting... it seems to do that only sometimes.
    >> Thanks for that, I'll check it out.

    > And only seems to do it in IE too... might need to make an indes file
    > rather than main and see what happens.

    I know the cause(borked code, probably my fault), and will sort it shortly.

    Thanks for that.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 20, 2005
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Ripping Silk Guest

    Mark Remfrey wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >
    >> heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >>
    >> http://moon.google.com
    >>

    > I laughed my ass off at the result of zooming in too close.... I'm not
    > spoiling it, look for yourself!
    >
    > Regards,
    > Mark Remfrey

    so my mum WAS right!! lol
    Ripping Silk, Jul 21, 2005
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Shane Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:39:28 +1200, Ripping Silk wrote:

    > Mark Remfrey wrote:
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>
    >>> heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >>>
    >>> http://moon.google.com
    >>>

    >> I laughed my ass off at the result of zooming in too close.... I'm not
    >> spoiling it, look for yourself!
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Mark Remfrey

    > so my mum WAS right!! lol

    Please dear $deity dont ever let google do other planets (eg. Uranus)

    Shane, Jul 21, 2005
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Shane wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:39:28 +1200, Ripping Silk wrote:
    >
    >> Mark Remfrey wrote:

    >>> I laughed my ass off at the result of zooming in too close.... I'm
    >>> not spoiling it, look for yourself!
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>> Mark Remfrey

    >> so my mum WAS right!! lol

    > Please dear $deity dont ever let google do other planets (eg. Uranus)

    ROFLMAO.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jul 21, 2005
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:54:13 +1200, Craig Whitmore
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:56:08 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >>
    >>http://moon.google.com

    >Interesting when you zoom in too much. didn't know the moon was made
    >of that :)

    But when you don't zoom in that much it looks like concrete. Try
    zooming all the way out.
    GraB, Jul 21, 2005
  12. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    G Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" wrote:

    > heh, I thought it was too odd to be true...
    >
    > http://moon.google.com

    Cool.

    NOTE: the US completed several manned Moon landings, not just one. It's
    curious that some people have that misconception.

    --
    "While overtly promoting the oppressive ideal of the nuclear family, this
    space spectacular subliminally appealed to erotic fantasies allegedly taboo in
    G, Jul 21, 2005
  13. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    BTMO Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote

    >>Interesting when you zoom in too much. didn't know the moon was made
    >>of that :)
    >>

    > But when you don't zoom in that much it looks like concrete. Try
    > zooming all the way out.

    Shit!!

    The conspiracy nuts were right!!!
    BTMO, Jul 21, 2005