    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz
    ----------------

    Stubbo of Oz, Jul 10, 2009

  2. Stubbo of Oz

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:38 +1000, Stubbo of Oz wrote:

    > Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    Thought of clicking on it? Or even just hovering your mouse pointer on the
    logo?

    Sheesh!

    Aardvark, Jul 10, 2009

  3. Stubbo of Oz

    Mike Easter Guest

    Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:38 +1000

    > Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    Hey! You're in oz. My google doesn't have a logo as of Thu Jul 9 5pm
    Pacific Daylight Time.

    When you access googlewebsearch, it knows where you are and what your
    date is.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 10, 2009
  4. Stubbo of Oz

    Mike Easter Guest

    Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    > Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    Nikola Tesla's b'day.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 10, 2009
  5. Stubbo of Oz

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jul 10, 2009
  6. Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo of Oz Guest

    On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:39:05 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Mike Easter wrote:
    >> Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    >>> Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    >> Nikola Tesla's b'day.

    >http://www.google.com.au/logos/tesla09.gif
    >
    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla ... Tesla was destitute and
    >died with significant debts.

    Thanks Mike - a good straightforward answer without the sarcasm of
    others!!

    Cheers ...........
    --
    ----------------
    Stubbo of Oz

    Stubbo of Oz, Jul 10, 2009
  7. Stubbo of Oz

    alan Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:29:14 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    >>Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:38 +1000
    >>
    >>> Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    >>Hey! You're in oz. My google doesn't have a logo as of Thu Jul 9 5pm
    >>Pacific Daylight Time.
    >>
    >>When you access googlewebsearch, it knows where you are and what your
    >>date is.

    > I use the themes pages so I don't even see the logo.

    And what makes you think that anyone would be interested in the reason for
    your inability to answer the question ?

    alan, Jul 10, 2009
  8. Stubbo of Oz

    Dan C Guest

    http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/bartgoogles.jpg

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, Jul 10, 2009
  9. Stubbo of Oz

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar, Jul 10, 2009
  10. Stubbo of Oz

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:14:57 +1000, Stubbo of Oz wrote:

    > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:39:05 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Mike Easter wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Nikola Tesla's b'day.

    >>http://www.google.com.au/logos/tesla09.gif
    >>
    >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla ... Tesla was destitute and
    >>died with significant debts.

    > Thanks Mike - a good straightforward answer without the sarcasm of
    > others!!
    >
    > Cheers ...........

    An answer you could easily have got by moving your mouse a few inches. By
    adding a left click to that, you could have had all the information you
    needed, and more.

    Aardvark, Jul 10, 2009
  11. Stubbo of Oz

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:39:05 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Mike Easter wrote:
    >>> Nikola Tesla's b'day.

    >> http://www.google.com.au/logos/tesla09.gif
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla ... Tesla was destitute and
    >> died with significant debts.

    > Thanks Mike - a good straightforward answer without the sarcasm of
    > others!!

    And hovering your mouse over the Google logo would have given you the
    answer plus in addition a left click on it would have given you even
    more information and made you look less of a complete tit.

    Desk Rabbit, Jul 10, 2009
  12. Stubbo of Oz

    kenmendo Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:38 +1000, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    > Thought of clicking on it? Or even just hovering your mouse pointer on the
    > logo?
    >
    > Sheesh!

    Why are some of you people so rude in some of your replies?

    Most of the time there is no link connected to the Google Logo and no
    indication that there is a link when there is a special logo so no
    apparent reason for moving the mouse over it.

    Wouldn't it be better manners to just tell the OP that special logos
    have links rather than be obnoxious about it? Isn't the whole purpose
    of the newsgroups to give help to people who have not found out as
    much as you have? I really feel sorry for you that you have such low
    self esteem that you have to try and boost your ego by belittling
    others!

    kenmendo, Jul 18, 2009
  13. Stubbo of Oz

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:32:15 -0700, kenmendo wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:38 +1000, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    >>
    >> > Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    >> Thought of clicking on it? Or even just hovering your mouse pointer on
    >> the logo?
    >>
    >> Sheesh!

    > Why are some of you people so rude in some of your replies?
    >
    > Most of the time there is no link connected to the Google Logo and no
    > indication that there is a link when there is a special logo so no
    > apparent reason for moving the mouse over it.
    >
    > Wouldn't it be better manners to just tell the OP that special logos
    > have links rather than be obnoxious about it? Isn't the whole purpose of
    > the newsgroups to give help to people who have not found out as much as
    > you have? I really feel sorry for you that you have such low self esteem
    > that you have to try and boost your ego by belittling others!

    You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. I'll bet
    you couldn't pour piss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You
    are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than
    be seen with you.

    You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
    deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
    weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
    revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

    You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly
    with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this
    world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by
    the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed
    themselves in recognition of what they had done.

    I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species
    as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very
    thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you.
    You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the
    dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

    You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its
    beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly
    briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of
    your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of
    your own trite, foolish beliefs.

    You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty
    and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.

    Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are
    unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that
    reality forgot.

    And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
    of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you
    hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
    weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
    waiting for the bite of the snake?

    You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
    obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
    emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease,
    you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

    On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient
    in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You
    are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of
    all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

    You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock.
    You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
    foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless
    crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You
    cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting
    naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted
    fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

    You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate,
    noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise
    everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

    I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid.
    Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the
    stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are
    trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that
    even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no
    intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on
    Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy
    emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Nothing in our universe can really be
    this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original
    big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by
    anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm
    sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this,
    you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength
    left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about
    unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel.

    Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

    Dan C, Jul 18, 2009
  14. Stubbo of Oz

    kenmendo Guest

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:32:15 -0700, kenmendo wrote:
    >
    > > Aardvark wrote:

    > >> Thought of clicking on it? Or even just hovering your mouse pointer on
    > >> the logo?
    > >>
    > >> Sheesh!

    > > Why are some of you people so rude in some of your replies?
    > >
    > > Most of the time there is no link connected to the Google Logo and no
    > > indication that there is a link when there is a special logo so no
    > > apparent reason for moving the mouse over it.
    > >
    > > Wouldn't it be better manners to just tell the OP that special logos
    > > have links rather than be obnoxious about it? Isn't the whole purpose of
    > > the newsgroups to give help to people who have not found out as much as
    > > you have? I really feel sorry for you that you have such low self esteem
    > > that you have to try and boost your ego by belittling others!

    > You swine. You vulgar little maggot.
    > Snip .................... lots more drivel

    QED - and if you don't know what that means ask your Mummy or Daddy

    kenmendo, Jul 18, 2009
  15. Stubbo of Oz

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 04:29:20 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:32:15 -0700, kenmendo wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Thought of clicking on it? Or even just hovering your mouse pointer on
    >>> the logo?
    >>>
    >>> Sheesh!

    >> Why are some of you people so rude in some of your replies?
    >>
    >> Most of the time there is no link connected to the Google Logo and no
    >> indication that there is a link when there is a special logo so no
    >> apparent reason for moving the mouse over it.
    >>
    >> Wouldn't it be better manners to just tell the OP that special logos
    >> have links rather than be obnoxious about it? Isn't the whole purpose
    >> of the newsgroups to give help to people who have not found out as much
    >> as you have? I really feel sorry for you that you have such low self
    >> esteem that you have to try and boost your ego by belittling others!

    > You swine. You vulgar little maggot.

    <MAJOR SNIPPAGE>

    > After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't
    > have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half
    > baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this
    > drivel.

    Well,that just about covers it, unless there's something you've forgotten.

    Aardvark, Jul 18, 2009
  16. kenmendo <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >Aardvark wrote:
    >> On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:13:38 +1000, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    >>
    >> > Anyone know the significance of today's Google logo?

    >> Thought of clicking on it? Or even just hovering your mouse pointer

    on the
    >> logo?
    >>
    >> Sheesh!

    >Why are some of you people so rude in some of your replies?

    Its endemic in geek culture. Techies have a knack for technology and
    dont understand why whats obvious to them (it would be second nature
    for a techie to mouse around a website looking for info pops and even
    looking at the page source for extra fun stuff) isnt obvious to the
    "norms". I.E., the "tech-retarded" or "lUsers".

    ^_^

    >Most of the time there is no link connected to the Google Logo and no
    >indication that there is a link when there is a special logo so no
    >apparent reason for moving the mouse over it.

    Excuse not accepted.
    Go stand in the corner.

    >Wouldn't it be better manners to just tell the OP that special logos
    >have links rather than be obnoxious about it? Isn't the whole purpose
    >of the newsgroups to give help to people who have not found out as
    >much as you have? I really feel sorry for you that you have such low
    >self esteem that you have to try and boost your ego by belittling
    >others!

    Nicely arm-chaired, Pop Psyco.

    ^_^

    §ñühw¤£f, Jul 18, 2009
  17. Stubbo of Oz

    kenmendo Guest

    On Jul 10, 9:16 pm, Aardvark <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:14:57 +1000, Stubbo of Oz wrote:
    > > On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:39:05 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    > > wrote:

    > >>http://www.google.com.au/logos/tesla09.gif

    > >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla ... Tesla was destitute and
    > >>died with significant debts.

    > > Thanks Mike - a good straightforward answer without the sarcasm of
    > > others!!

    > > Cheers ...........

    > An answer you could easily have got by moving your mouse a few inches. By
    > adding a left click to that, you could have had all the information you
    > needed, and more

    Blimey - the arrogance of the man!! - Don't you yet realise that not
    everyone knows as much as you *think* you do??!!?? What a twit!!!

    kenmendo, Jul 19, 2009
  18. Stubbo of Oz

    NotMe Guest

    "Dan C" <> wrote in message
    : On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 19:32:15 -0700, kenmendo wrote:
    :
    :
[...]

    Commencement address from the Don Rickels Charm School valedictorian

    NotMe, Jul 19, 2009