    The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view, since
    if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a point
    of view, is just a point a view and not something real.

    kenny, Jun 28, 2005

  2. kenny

    Guest

    On "kenny" <> wrote:

    |>http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    |>
    |>Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced, you
    |>can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This was
    |>called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
    |>WorldWind.

    That is just sooo neat, Thanks for that one!

    Sure takes point and click to a new level :)

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/8mowu

    , Jun 28, 2005

  3. kenny

    unwashed Guest

    "kenny" <> wrote in message
    > http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    >
    > Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced,
    > you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This
    > was called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
    > WorldWind.

    Hey Kenny, thanks for your post........
    It is a truly spectacular piece of software!!!
    Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    unwashed, Jun 28, 2005
  4. kenny

    unwashed Guest

    You illiterate ****.

    unwashed, Jun 28, 2005
  5. kenny

    Marcus Booth Guest

    Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does advise
    it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i have to wait
    for the information to load.

    Marcus Booth

    Marcus Booth, Jun 28, 2005
  6. kenny

    unwashed Guest

    > You illiterate ****.

    ERIC! You are back in action and soon to be netkkopped too!

    unwashed, Jun 28, 2005
  7. kenny

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Marcus Booth wrote:
    > Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does
    > advise it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i
    > have to wait for the information to load.

    Hours, it's slow enough on a 2Mbit link.

    Aquila Deus, Jun 28, 2005
  8. kenny

    kenny Guest

    It will work but you cant roam around too much... its slow.
    I think that this info is cached so if you go to the same place again you
    dont have to re-stream the data.

    I have a dsl 384 k and it works ok, not like the other poster that
    said something about 2M.

    Kenny

    kenny, Jun 28, 2005
  9. Aquila Deus wrote:
    > Marcus Booth wrote:
    >> Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does
    >> advise it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i
    >> have to wait for the information to load.

    > Hours, it's slow enough on a 2Mbit link.

    The software took 35 seconds to download over my 2Mbit (3.5 seconds a MB is
    impressive - but, just of late, my connection has been remarkably fast).
    Yes, I'm downloading at around 17MB a minute on a 2Mbit connection -
    impressive or what?

    Now I've said that, it'll go back to being crap.

    The software, however, is completely useless to me, as it only supports
    North America. Entering London got me London, Ontario!

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Jun 28, 2005
  10. kenny

    pcbutts1 Guest

    How much did you pay for it?

    pcbutts1, Jun 29, 2005
  11. kenny

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I typed in London, England and it came right up.

    pcbutts1, Jun 29, 2005
  12. kenny

    Top Guest

    "kenny" <> wrote in

    > http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    >
    > Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very
    > advanced, you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see
    > the buildings! This was called keyhole before google bought it,
    > and is far better than NASAs WorldWind.

    Thanks, found my home on it!

    Ed

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top, Jun 29, 2005
  13. Yep, its fantastic... :)

    Ken ---> Knight Of The King Of Pop, Jun 29, 2005
  14. kenny

    Daave Guest

    kenny wrote:
    > http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    >
    > Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very
    > advanced, you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the
    > buildings! This was called keyhole before google bought it, and is
    > far better than NASAs WorldWind.

    D'oh! It seems that 98 SE isn't supported. :-(

    Minimum configuration:
    Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP

    I recently went to the Franklin Institute in Philly and they had a
    similar program; I loved it!

    Surely, there's a Web interface for this out there, no?

    Dave

    Daave, Jun 29, 2005
  15. kenny

    Guest

    On "Daave" <> wrote:

    |>kenny wrote:
    |>> http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    |>>
    |>> Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very
    |>> advanced, you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the
    |>> buildings! This was called keyhole before google bought it, and is
    |>> far better than NASAs WorldWind.
    |>
    |>D'oh! It seems that 98 SE isn't supported. :-(
    |>
    |>Minimum configuration:
    |>Operating system: Windows 2000, Windows XP
    |>
    |>I recently went to the Franklin Institute in Philly and they had a
    |>similar program; I loved it!
    |>
    |>Surely, there's a Web interface for this out there, no?

    Think your stuck with world wind
    http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/8mowu

    , Jun 29, 2005
  16. kenny

    unwashed Guest

    > Aquila Deus wrote:
    >> Marcus Booth wrote:
    >>> Has anyone tried to use this on a 56K dial-up connection....it does
    >>> advise it needs broadband/cable connection....how much longer will i
    >>> have to wait for the information to load.

    >> Hours, it's slow enough on a 2Mbit link.

    > The software took 35 seconds to download over my 2Mbit (3.5 seconds a MB
    > is impressive - but, just of late, my connection has been remarkably
    > fast). Yes, I'm downloading at around 17MB a minute on a 2Mbit
    > connection - impressive or what?
    >
    > Now I've said that, it'll go back to being crap.
    >
    > The software, however, is completely useless to me, as it only supports
    > North America. Entering London got me London, Ontario!

    Wait until actual "globe" has fully loaded - mine took a min or two on 2mb.
    Use the Plus/minus etc, to navigate ("grabbing" globe seemed to make it
    slower?) Once you locate UK, zoom in, when London is apparent - then
    adjust so as it is screen centre, then again zoom in.
    I was able to ascertain our rooftops of our apartment block in Clapham
    and car colour of vehicles, then tracked all up along Clapham road, through
    Vauxhall, along the Southbank and was able to discern the track out of
    London Bridge, followed down into Greenwich - I could go on and on,
    It is mesmeric.

    unwashed, Jun 29, 2005
  17. "Ken ---> Knight Of The King Of Pop" <> wrote in message
    > Yep, its fantastic... :)

    Try this one, kenny: "It's FAB-u-lous!"

    Now this: "Hate it!"

    Okay, wind up this one and let fly: "Oh, girlfriend, I don't THINK so!"

    Finally: "uhhohhhhhhhhh, Jethuth Chritht...."

    Rev \Fragile Warrior\, Jun 29, 2005
  18. kenny

    Babylon Guest

    pcbutts1, <>, the gravy-making, suppositional
    hugger-mugger, and felt hat maker, instructed:

    > Name forging Troll.

    Batty-bwoy!

    --
    Jah!

    Babylon, Jun 29, 2005
  19. kenny

    ftran999 Guest

    "kenny" <> wrote in message
    > http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    >
    > Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced,
    > you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This
    > was called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
    > WorldWind.
    >

    > --
    > Kenfucious said:
    >
    > Michael Jackson has been vindicated.
    >
    > The truth is one, you must accept it. Reality is not a point of view,
    > since
    > if everything was a point a view, then the theory that everything is a
    > point
    > of view, is just a point a view and not something real.

    It looks like they temporarily halted downloads :(

    ftran999, Jun 29, 2005
  20. kenny

    Guest

    On "ftran999" <> wrote:

    |>"kenny" <> wrote in message
    |>> http://earth.google.com/earth.html
    |>>
    |>> Google just released a FREE version of a 3d globe that is very advanced,
    |>> you can zoom into any place on the planet and even see the buildings! This
    |>> was called keyhole before google bought it, and is far better than NASAs
    |>> WorldWind.

    |>It looks like they temporarily halted downloads :(

    I could email it to you http://www.yousendit.com/
    It's 10.5 megs

    --
    The most popular hack, which works on most models, is the "Instant Walk." Three short clicks, followed by two long, one short, two long, and three short; turn any crosswalk signal from "don't walk" to "walk" with a matching change in the traffic signals. http://tinyurl.com/d6ftl

    , Jun 29, 2005