    1. Advertising

  1. Michael J. Pelletier

    Ashp Guest

    Ashp, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Michael J. Pelletier

    Anders Guest

    Anders, Jun 6, 2005
  3. Michael J. Pelletier

    Winged Guest

    Michael J. Pelletier wrote:
    > http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/06/03/google.privacy.reut/index.html
    >
    > Michael

    Thanks, it was an interesting article. I am not sure the value added
    for their policies. I was aware that their desktop tool was spyware but
    I don't understand why someone would want to save this information over
    the long term. I don't use G-mail but I do use the search engine
    extensively because I typically can find what I am looking for with the
    first query one the first page. This is significantly better than most
    other search engines I have tried. I have noticed these newsgroup pages
    are also archived in several locations long term as well.

    I am fairly sure that if Google reviewed my activities they could find
    out much about me and my interests, and probably could detect many IP
    sources for my activities. Someone would be very bored, but this
    article does provide food for thought. Thanks!

    Winged

    Winged, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Michael J. Pelletier

    Jbob Guest

    Somebody wriote this little gem to help prevent this I think. "Google
    Anonomizer". Hopefully it will work the way I posted it.
    GoogleAnon

    Jbob, Jun 6, 2005
  5. Michael J. Pelletier wrote:

    > http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/06/03/google.privacy.reut/index.html
    >
    > Michael

    I am still wondering why they did this? I just read an article where the
    *new* DVD code was broke in 72 hours. If I do a search on it will my name
    be given to the various movie organizations?

    Yet again, the days of autonomous surfing are being attacked...

    -- Michael

    Michael J. Pelletier, Jun 6, 2005
  6. Michael J. Pelletier

    Jbob Guest