Google in bed with Mozilla

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by henrydl, Mar 18, 2008.

  1. henrydl

    henrydl Guest

    henrydl, Mar 18, 2008

  2. henrydl

    elaich Guest

    henrydl <> wrote in news:UAVDj.868$Nr1.766@trnddc01:

    > Interesting from Scroogle.org about Mozilla and Google
    >
    > http://www.scroogle.org/mozilla.html

    This isn't exactly news. I refuse to use the built-in search in Firefox in
    ANY fashion. I go manually to scroogle.org. I also have google-
    anaylytics.com blocked by means of my HOSTS file. Mozilla can get in bed
    with Google, whom I detest, if they please, but I don't have to be in there
    with them.
    elaich, Mar 19, 2008

  3. henrydl wrote:
    > Interesting from Scroogle.org about Mozilla and Google
    >
    > http://www.scroogle.org/mozilla.html

    this is one of the reasons why Mozilla dropped Thunderbird
    -- it wasn't making any money.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 20, 2008
  4. henrydl

    History Fan Guest

    > this is one of the reasons why Mozilla dropped Thunderbird -- it wasn't
    > making any money.

    When did this happen?
    History Fan, Mar 20, 2008
  5. henrydl

    Justin Guest

    History Fan wrote on [Thu, 20 Mar 2008 10:18:37 -0400]:
    >> this is one of the reasons why Mozilla dropped Thunderbird -- it wasn't
    >> making any money.
    >>

    > When did this happen?

    It was threatened, but then they realised it was a mistake.
    Justin, Mar 20, 2008
  6. History Fan wrote:
    >> this is one of the reasons why Mozilla dropped Thunderbird -- it wasn't
    >> making any money.

    > When did this happen?

    sometime last year. Another corp has taken it on.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Mar 20, 2008
  7. henrydl

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Mar 20, 2008