  1. Guest

    Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

    , Dec 8, 2007

  2. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

    You should compose your message body using complete sentences.

    What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 8, 2007

  3. TJ Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in news:13llf1ssg03qv15
    @corp.supernews.com:

    > wrote:

    >> Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

    > You should compose your message body using complete sentences.
    >
    > What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

    I'm assuming he means the link to Google's image search function that
    appears as (of all things) 'Images' near the top of www.google.com along
    with 'Maps' 'News' 'Products' 'Gmail' 'More'. IOW;

    http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi

    which works just fine from here.

    TJ, Dec 8, 2007
  4. Mike Easter Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"
    >> wrote:

    >>> Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct
    >>> issue?

    >> You should compose your message body using complete sentences.
    >>
    >> What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

    > I'm assuming he means the link to Google's image search function

    I considered that as a possibility but neglected to mention it.

    > http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi
    >
    > which works just fine from here.

    I couldn't imagine how/why it wouldn't work, which is why I rejected
    that/your (my initial) assumption from the outset.

    There's also the factor that google's website's are often directed
    according to the accessing IP, so if there is some kind of 'internet
    dysfunction' then one accessing IP might have a problem with a google
    page access while another does not. If the OP had been accessing from
    some other country the chances of access problems for a simple
    googlepage might occur, but it appears that the OP is accesing from a US
    OH cablemodem, so I rejected my 2nd assumption of 'foreign' access
    problem.

    Now I'm working on the hypothesis that s/he didn't mean what you think
    s/he meant.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 8, 2007
  5. TJ Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in

    > TJ wrote:

    >>> You should compose your message body using complete sentences.
    >>>
    >>> What is 'Google's Image page'? Paste a link.

    >> I'm assuming he means the link to Google's image search function

    > I considered that as a possibility but neglected to mention it.
    >
    >> http://images.google.com/imghp?tab=wi
    >>
    >> which works just fine from here.

    > I couldn't imagine how/why it wouldn't work, which is why I rejected
    > that/your (my initial) assumption from the outset.
    >
    > There's also the factor that google's website's are often directed
    > according to the accessing IP, so if there is some kind of 'internet
    > dysfunction' then one accessing IP might have a problem with a google
    > page access while another does not. If the OP had been accessing from
    > some other country the chances of access problems for a simple
    > googlepage might occur, but it appears that the OP is accesing from a
    > US OH cablemodem, so I rejected my 2nd assumption of 'foreign' access
    > problem.
    >
    > Now I'm working on the hypothesis that s/he didn't mean what you think
    > s/he meant.

    Anything's possible. :)

    I just wish more people would get back to the group and say,"Yup, that
    worked", or "Nope, it didn't" or "What I was trying to say is ....".

    Sadly, that doesn't happen very often. And it's too bad, because if
    more people did, *everybody* could learn.

    TJ, Dec 8, 2007
  6. Mike Easter Guest

    TJ wrote:
    > "Mike Easter"

    >> There's also the factor that google's website's are often directed
    >> according to the accessing IP,

    That -website's- wasn't an apostrophe error, I left out a term -IPs-

    eg There's also the factor that google's website's IPs are often
    directed according to the accessing IP,

    I hate apostrophe errors and I make them. Apostrophe error critics
    don't understand that the error isn't from foolishly not understanding
    what should or shouldn't have an apostrophe, it comes from touch-typing
    patterns which cause some 'esses' to get apostrophized (I had to look
    that one up) when they shouldn't -- not because the excess apostrophizer
    actually thinks the term should have an apostrophe.

    > I just wish more people would get back to the group

    .... as opposed to being drive-bys.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 8, 2007
  7. chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > Can not display Google's Image page, Thoughts on how to correct issue?

    *No* error message/screen at all? What browser are you using? What url
    do you use? does www.google.com work? (not the image part, just getting
    to the website)

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )