Google Home Page

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Axle, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Axle

    Axle Guest

    Wellygoggles wrote:
    > OK I give up - does anyone know the significance of the blue liquid dropping
    > into a wedding ring on the Google start up page please?

    The mouseover says its World Water Day

    Axle, Mar 22, 2005

  2. Axle

    Wellygoggles Guest

    Wellygoggles, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Axle

    Daniel Guest

    Wellygoggles wrote:
    > OK I give up - does anyone know the significance of the blue liquid dropping
    > into a wedding ring on the Google start up page please?

    Hover over the image and you get a "World Water Day" tooltip (?)

    Daniel, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Axle

    Chris Hope Guest

    Daniel wrote:

    > Wellygoggles wrote:
    >> OK I give up - does anyone know the significance of the blue liquid
    >> dropping into a wedding ring on the Google start up page please?
    >>

    > Hover over the image and you get a "World Water Day" tooltip (?)

    And try clicking it too. When they have stuff in the Google logo you can
    usually click it and it will run a search on whatever it is they're
    celebrating or commemorating. In this case it does a Google news
    search.

    Chris Hope, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Axle

    Wellygoggles Guest

    "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    SNIP>
    > And try clicking it too. When they have stuff in the Google logo you can
    > usually click it and it will run a search on whatever it is they're
    > celebrating or commemorating. In this case it does a Google news
    > search.

    SNIP

    Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs! I followed your instructions above
    and discovered this:-

    "The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution on 22nd December
    1992 by which 22nd March of each year was declared World Day for Water to be
    observed starting in 1993. "

    Now what do I do to observe this significant day I wonder?

    Thanks to all for answering my query.

    Wellygoggles, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Axle

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:35:32 +1200, Wellygoggles wrote:

    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP>
    >> And try clicking it too. When they have stuff in the Google logo you can
    >> usually click it and it will run a search on whatever it is they're
    >> celebrating or commemorating. In this case it does a Google news
    >> search.

    > SNIP
    >
    > Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs! I followed your instructions above
    > and discovered this:-
    >
    > "The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution on 22nd December
    > 1992 by which 22nd March of each year was declared World Day for Water to be
    > observed starting in 1993. "
    >
    > Now what do I do to observe this significant day I wonder?

    How people use it as if life did not depend on it.

    Gordon, Mar 23, 2005
  7. Axle

    Enkidu Guest

    Wellygoggles wrote:
    > "Chris Hope" <> wrote in message
    > SNIP>
    >
    >>And try clicking it too. When they have stuff in the Google logo you can
    >>usually click it and it will run a search on whatever it is they're
    >>celebrating or commemorating. In this case it does a Google news
    >>search.

    > SNIP
    >
    > Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs! I followed your instructions above
    > and discovered this:-
    >
    > "The United Nations General Assembly adopted a resolution on 22nd December
    > 1992 by which 22nd March of each year was declared World Day for Water to be
    > observed starting in 1993. "
    >
    > Now what do I do to observe this significant day I wonder?
    >
    > Thanks to all for answering my query.

    Why not use the tool in question to find out? Or am I
    missing something?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 23, 2005