    Thanks

    Dave

    , Apr 22, 2013

  2. Guest

    On Monday, April 22, 2013 9:26:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
    > My home page Google.com in the past always came up in a flash. But lately, it lugs along and loads very slowly.
    >

    > I have run SpyBot, Super Spyware, cold boot, but if it does help, in is only short lived.
    >

    > I have a Del 8300, XP Pro, am running Norton for years, Comcast for the internet.
    >

    > Are there any thoughts on this?
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Dave

    Problem seems to have gone away. Might have been a temporary Comcast related issue doing maintenance, etc.

    Dave

    , Apr 23, 2013

  3. Julie Bove Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Monday, April 22, 2013 9:26:12 AM UTC-4, wrote:
    >> My home page Google.com in the past always came up in a flash. But
    >> lately, it lugs along and loads very slowly.
    >>

    >> I have run SpyBot, Super Spyware, cold boot, but if it does help, in is
    >> only short lived.
    >>

    >> I have a Del 8300, XP Pro, am running Norton for years, Comcast for the
    >> internet.
    >>

    >> Are there any thoughts on this?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>

    >> Dave

    > Problem seems to have gone away. Might have been a temporary Comcast
    > related issue doing maintenance, etc.

    Nah. I think it was a Google problem. I don't often use it but when I
    tried to the other day it was hanging up or something.

    Julie Bove, Apr 23, 2013
  4. Guest

    On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:49:03 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >

    > Nah. I think it was a Google problem. I don't often use it but when I
    >
    > tried to the other day it was hanging up or something.

    The problem did not go away. But I found the problem. My router was slowly failing.

    The internet cable goes to the router, then the router to the modem, and then the modem to the computer.

    I removed the router and hooked up the internet cable directly to the computer, and now all is well.

    I am going to replace the router and I will be on the search for a good one.

    Regards,

    Dave

    , Apr 25, 2013