    Could you please explain how this was done.

    Thank-you
    Eddie
    Eddie, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Eddie

    Stickems. Guest

    Re: Changed subject line - Google groups question........

    To change to subject line when replying is very simple, all you do is change
    it.

    Stickems., Mar 11, 2005

  3. Eddie

    Mike Easter Guest

    Eddie wrote:
    > I made a post to a group thru Google groups. No obsene language but a
    > rather long subject title. About 7 words. It was replied to normally
    > for about 6 replies. Then the subject line was shortened by someone.
    > then the whole thread was removed. This was not a moderated group.
    >
    > Could you please explain how this was done.

    You are referring to the thread in alt.fifty-plus.friends

    Subject: EUGENE...YOU DAMN DUMB DONKEY
    Subject: Re: EUGENE...
    Subject: Re: New World

    Most people who participate in newsgroups use nntp newsreaders, not
    google groups.

    You might want to learn something about newsreading, newsgroups, and
    newsreaders from the perspective of nntp, which google groups isn't.

    Try some of these

    http://members.fortunecity.com/nnqweb/nnqlinks.html
    news.newusers.questions Links Page
    http://www.slyck.com/ng.php Guide to The Newsgroups.