    What has gone wrong with googlegroups ? Or is it my own imagination ??

    Any help would be very much appreciated !
    , Aug 13, 2007

  2. Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Recently however, googlegroups seems to not function as it should be.

    This could be a great thing for those of us that are old enough to hate
    web interface systems that allow the masses of ignorant users to abuse
    Usenet through google groups and other services.

    --
    Leythos - (remove 999 to email me)

    and put on his website: http://www.webservertalk.com/message1907860.html
    3rd link shows what he's exposed to children (the link I've include does
    not directly display his filth). You can find the same information by
    googling for 'PCBUTTS1' and 'exposed to kids'.
    Leythos, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Before there was a googlegroups, there was deja.com.

    You should get a newsreader and a newsserver instead of being a
    googlegrouper. There are a number of serious disadvantages to
    googlegrouping instead of interacting on usenet 'as it was intended' by
    nntp newsreading from a newsserver.

    > Recently however, googlegroups seems to not function as it should be.

    That is correct. GG's search function has severely deteriorated to less
    than a shadow of its former self. It is sad.

    Since my entire use of GG is for its search function, as far as I'm
    concerned, if GG search function gets bad enough, it would be OK with me
    if GG went away altogether.

    > Any help would be very much appreciated !

    Find a newsserver, there are plenty which are free or extremely cheap
    and a newsreader, there are plenty that are free, and quit using a
    browser to read and write messages.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 13, 2007
  4. On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 06:06:13 -0700, wrote:

    >Before there was a googlegroups, there was deja.com.
    >
    >Before that, it was dejavu.com
    >
    >And even before that, it was simply known as usenet.

    It still is usenet for anyone who has a decent client and access to
    suitable servers.

    >I was there.

    I still am. I have no use for Google groups. They are too slow and
    clumsy.

    >Recently however, googlegroups seems to not function as it should be.
    >When I search for my previous posts, for example :
    >http://groups.google.com.my/groups?...tholic.org&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wg
    >
    >I got a reply of 31 postings.
    >
    >Truth is, my postings is at least 10 times that much !
    >
    >What has gone wrong with googlegroups ? Or is it my own imagination ??
    >
    >Any help would be very much appreciated !

    Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

    http://www.easynn.com
    Steve Wolstenholme, Aug 13, 2007
  5. Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-13, <> wrote:
    > Before there was a googlegroups, there was deja.com.
    >
    > Before that, it was dejavu.com
    >
    > And even before that, it was simply known as usenet.
    >
    > I was there.

    Usenet is still here and still nothing to do with Google or DejaNews -
    they just provide an incomplete archive and a rotten way of reading and
    posting.

    > Recently however, googlegroups seems to not function as it should be.

    Only Google knows how Google /should/ function. The rest of us have to
    put up with the way it /does/ function - which is 'a bit shakily at best'.
    I suppose one gets what one pays for, with Google.

    > When I search for my previous posts, for example :
    > http://groups.google.com.my/groups?...tholic.org&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wg
    >
    > I got a reply of 31 postings.
    >
    > Truth is, my postings is at least 10 times that much !
    >
    > What has gone wrong with googlegroups ? Or is it my own imagination ??
    >
    > Any help would be very much appreciated !

    <http://groups.google.com.my/groups/profile?enc_user=z1ZDbRMAAADoVGHOgVSg4fQEsiYSDPOsCrTwKYbraL2wE_wkV0bY1A&hl=en>
    shows "All 39 groups -- 118 messages". Make of that what you will.

    If you change your email address, Google assumes (for the purposes of
    Google Groups) that you are 'someone else' so they create a different
    'profile'. Likewise, all those who use the same email address (real or
    otherwise) are treated as 'one person' no matter how many clearly different
    people are responsible for those posts. (invalid <AT> invalid.invalid and
    me <AT> privacy.net have been really busy little beavers for instance
    <G>). I don't know how or if the score kept by Google deals with posts
    that you xnayed or nuked.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 13, 2007
  6. Vanguard Guest

    "Leythos" wrote in message
    > says...
    >> Recently however, googlegroups seems to not function as it should
    >> be.

    > This could be a great thing for those of us that are old enough to
    > hate
    > web interface systems that allow the masses of ignorant users to
    > abuse
    > Usenet through google groups and other services.

    Worse are the Usenet-ignorant coming from forums because their admin
    decided to use a gateway from their forum to Usenet.
    Vanguard, Aug 13, 2007