    Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"
    Just wondering.
    John...

    John Smith, May 21, 2005

  2. John Smith

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 12:42:59 +1000, "John Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?

    No. Google groups is via web interface only.

    Google "free usenet servers"

    > Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"

    Are you talking about gmail or google groups?

    Evan Platt, May 21, 2005

  3. John Smith

    Dave Lear Guest

    "John Smith" wrote in message news:428ea03b$

    > Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?

    No. There isn't a Google news server.

    > Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"

    No. There isn't a Google news server.

    > Just wondering.

    Google Groups is a web interface for usenet not actual usenet. As far as I'm
    aware, Google don't offer an actual NNTP feed, just a webified version of
    it.

    Dave Lear, May 21, 2005
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to set up the Google Groups server in Outlook express?
    > Or does anyone know the news server name? "?.gmail.com"
    > Just wondering.
    > John...

    Thanks for your replies.
    John