    If I zoom in the runway goes real funny...I can get it to go -795
    feet....weird..

    any one else have the same thing ???

    Cobbler, May 31, 2009

  2. Cobbler

    Me Guest

    Cobbler wrote:
    > is it just my computer or has something happened to Christchurch
    > airport
    >
    > If I zoom in the runway goes real funny...I can get it to go -795
    > feet....weird..
    >
    > any one else have the same thing ???

    Yes.
    I'll be over at that part of town later - I'll check it out and report
    back if it's real.

    Me, May 31, 2009

  3. Cobbler

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Willie wrote:
    > On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:05:19 +1200, Willie <>
    > wrote:

    >>> Yes.
    >>> I'll be over at that part of town later - I'll check it out and
    >>> report back if it's real.

    >> On my Linux box Google Earth randomly clicking olong the runways the
    >> runways go from 95 ft to 120 ft.

    > Further to mine above.
    >
    > At about, on the main runway:
    > Latitude: 43°28'53.98"S
    > Longitude: 172°32'16.62"E
    >
    > There is a bloody big hole - 1200 ft.
    >
    > Looks like a fault with Giggle, an L shaped grey area.

    It's to stop those North Koreans getting the co-ordinates.....
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 1, 2009
  4. Cobbler

    Cobbler Guest

    >>>Yes.
    >>>I'll be over at that part of town later - I'll check it out and report
    >>>back if it's real.

    >>On my Linux box Google Earth randomly clicking olong the runways the
    >>runways go from 95 ft to 120 ft.

    >Further to mine above.
    >
    >At about, on the main runway:
    >Latitude: 43°28'53.98"S
    >Longitude: 172°32'16.62"E
    >
    >There is a bloody big hole - 1200 ft.
    >
    >Looks like a fault with Giggle, an L shaped grey area.

    So its not just me......thanks all ..it was starting to get to me...

    Cobbler, Jun 1, 2009
  5. Cobbler

    Rhino Guest

    On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:30:57 +1200, Cobbler <>
    wrote:

    >is it just my computer or has something happened to Christchurch
    >airport
    >
    >If I zoom in the runway goes real funny...I can get it to go -795
    >feet....weird..
    >
    >any one else have the same thing ???

    According to my Visual Flight Guide (when I last had my PPL) the
    Southern end of runway 02/20 has an elevation of 123 feet ASL, while
    the Northern end is 93 feet. The slope is 0.28 up/down, depending on
    direction.

    I am sure that it hasn't changed in recent years, but like other
    people here, I see an L shaped hole of huge depth. You would need
    full reverse thrust (and then some) to stop a 737 before falling into
    the hole.

    I would prefer 11/29 and its 0.35 slope.

    Rhino, Jun 1, 2009