    In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
    actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,
    Thanks for any replies.

    Pancho, Jun 7, 2007

  2. Pancho

    Robb Guest

    Pancho wrote:

    >In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
    >actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,

    You probably googled for the answer? They published that information in
    the Rhode Island Express Newspaper three years ago, but nobody cared.

    All the maps are of Central Oklahoma, they just move the streets and dots
    around to "look" like other places.

    >Thanks for any replies.

    Yeah I bet.

    --
    Robb

    Robb, Jun 7, 2007

  3. Pancho

    Guest

    , Jun 7, 2007
  4. Pancho

    Viruschecker Guest

    Pancho wrote:
    > In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
    > actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,
    > Thanks for any replies.

    Check the DigitalGlobe box on the layers menu. It only shows the dates
    when you are zoomed out a ways

    Viruschecker, Jun 7, 2007
  5. Hair Pie wrote:

    > In 24hoursupport.helpdesk On Thu, 07 Jun 2007 08:43:58 GMT "Pancho"
    > <> wrote :
    >
    >> In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the
    >> pictures where actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't
    >> seem to find the answer, Thanks for any replies.

    > Autumn, 1999

    Maybe some of it. The view of my house was a low resolution blur until
    just a few months ago. Now it is a high-res view in which I can see my
    truck in front of the garage, and my daughter's car out front by the
    street (there was a for sale sign on it). She had the car for sale last
    summer.

    I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 8, 2007
  6. Pancho

    Hair Pie Guest

    <> wrote :

    >In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
    >actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,
    >Thanks for any replies.

    Autumn, 1999

    Hair Pie, Jun 8, 2007
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

    I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that? :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 8, 2007
  8. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

    > I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that? :)

    This Malone?

    <http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=malone,+ny&ie=UTF8&ll=44.847898,-74.293671&spn=0.031643,0.072784&z=14&om=1>

    There are more streets there than in my village. ;-)

    http://www.city-data.com/city/Malone-New-York.html

    "Population (year 2000): 14,981. Estimated population in July 2005:
    14,807 (-1.2% change)"

    For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 8, 2007
  9. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>> I live in a fairly small village in Upstate New York.

    >> I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that? :)

    > This Malone?
    >
    ><http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=malone,+ny&ie=UTF8&ll=44.847898,-74.293671&spn=0.031643,0.072784&z=14&om=1>
    >
    > There are more streets there than in my village. ;-)
    >
    > http://www.city-data.com/city/Malone-New-York.html
    >
    > "Population (year 2000): 14,981. Estimated population in July 2005:
    > 14,807 (-1.2% change)"
    >
    > For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

    That's no village. That's a scout camp. :)

    Back in the sixties, I was driving to Daytona Beach from Michigan.
    They were still building the interstates, and in Tennessee I hit a
    stretch where I'd be on new interstate for 20 miles, then off on a state
    road for 10, back and forth like that for, as I recall, most of
    Tennessee. At one point, waaaay out in the back woods, I came over a
    rise and saw down the hill in front of me three or four buildings next
    to the road...and on my right was a hand-painted sign that said: Welcome
    To Stupidville Pop. 7"

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 8, 2007
  10. Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

    > That's no village. That's a scout camp. :)

    Har!

    > ...and on my right was a hand-painted sign that said: Welcome To
    > Stupidville Pop. 7"

    That's cute.

    Can't remember the name of the town, but it was in Wyoming years ago,
    and it said:

    NameOfTown
    Pop: 75 2/9

    The two/ninths was added by using stick-on mailbox numbers.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 8, 2007
  11. Pancho

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> I have a friend in Malone. Can you get smaller than that? :)

    >> This Malone?
    >>
    >><http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=malone,+ny&ie=UTF8&ll=44.847898,-74.293671&spn=0.031643,0.072784&z=14&om=1>
    >>
    >> There are more streets there than in my village. ;-)
    >>
    >> http://www.city-data.com/city/Malone-New-York.html
    >>
    >> "Population (year 2000): 14,981. Estimated population in July 2005:
    >> 14,807 (-1.2% change)"
    >>
    >> For year 2000, the population in my village was 1,496.

    > That's no village. That's a scout camp. :)
    >
    > Back in the sixties, I was driving to Daytona Beach from Michigan.
    > They were still building the interstates, and in Tennessee I hit a
    > stretch where I'd be on new interstate for 20 miles, then off on a state
    > road for 10, back and forth like that for, as I recall, most of
    > Tennessee. At one point, waaaay out in the back woods, I came over a
    > rise and saw down the hill in front of me three or four buildings next
    > to the road...and on my right was a hand-painted sign that said: Welcome
    > To Stupidville Pop. 7"

    Heh! I think that's right darn near where my brother lives <grin>! (Not
    really, he's moved closer to Nashville now.)

    WhzzKdd, Jun 9, 2007
  12. Pancho

    Plato Guest

    Pancho wrote:

    > In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures where
    > actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find the answer,

    It seems many are 5 years old, but it also seems that they are updating
    to more recent photos within the past year or so.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 10, 2007
  13. Pancho

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:466b52f7$0$309$:

    > Pancho wrote:
    >>
    >> In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures
    >> where actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find
    >> the answer,

    > It seems many are 5 years old, but it also seems that they are updating
    > to more recent photos within the past year or so.

    From the FAQ <http://earth.google.com/faq.html>

    Are Google Earth images captured in real time?

    No, they aren't. Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jun 12, 2007
  14. Pancho

    Fred Kasner Guest

    Fuzzy Logic wrote:
    > Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:466b52f7$0$309$:
    >
    >> Pancho wrote:
    >>> In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the pictures
    >>> where actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't seem to find
    >>> the answer,

    >> It seems many are 5 years old, but it also seems that they are updating
    >> to more recent photos within the past year or so.
    >>

    > From the FAQ <http://earth.google.com/faq.html>
    >
    > Are Google Earth images captured in real time?
    >
    > No, they aren't. Our images are photographs taken by satellites and aircraft sometime in the last three years.

    If you are familiar with the views that you are looking at you can
    sometimes roughly fix the date by season (are trees in leaf) by vehicles
    parked in urban areas, etc. Use your imagination.
    FK

    Fred Kasner, Jun 12, 2007
  15. Fuzzy Logic wrote:

    > Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:466b52f7$0$309$:
    >
    >> Pancho wrote:
    >>>
    >>> In the Google Earth prog, is it possible to find out when the
    >>> pictures where actually taken? I have searched thru it but can't
    >>> seem to find the answer,

    >> It seems many are 5 years old, but it also seems that they are
    >> updating to more recent photos within the past year or so.
    >>

    > From the FAQ <http://earth.google.com/faq.html>
    >
    > Are Google Earth images captured in real time?
    >
    > No, they aren't. Our images are photographs taken by satellites and
    > aircraft sometime in the last three years.

    Which is a load of crap. Our pool was installed May '94, yet according to
    Google Earth it's not there. That makes the image of my home at least
    thirteen years old, if not older. That's a far cry from the "sometime in
    the last three years" stated in the FAQ.

    Borked Labrum, Jun 13, 2007
  16. Pancho

    Doc

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Stupidville, Tn.

    :yell:

    In 1968 I was visiting friends in Harriman, TN. and a bunch of us decided to go exploring a nearby mountain. We eventually came to a gravel road and so we took it. Just before we came to this clearing there was a hand painted sign that proclaimed "Welcome to Stupidville" as we proceeded to the clearing, we noticed what appeared to be a very small town of a few buildings. We did not hang around much, but had some fun cutting donuts with my 1968 Dodge Charger R/T in the gravel, and then we went back to Harriman.

    Now I wish I had taken a photo or two, but I do have witnesses.

    Doc, Dec 29, 2011