    download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
    turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it probably
    goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

    blanking, Apr 28, 2008

  2. In article <>, Brian Mathews did
    write:

    > ... I could see the streets in the UK were I live ...

    So you're not live, then? I've wondered what kind of recording you were...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 28, 2008

  3. blanking

    JohnO Guest

    On Apr 28, 8:58 pm, Brian Mathews
    <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 19:52:05 +1200, "blanking" <blanking@brain> wrote:
    > >What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that shows
    > >you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
    > >disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
    > >download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
    > >turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it probably
    > >goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

    > This thing has turned into Crap, I could see the streets in the UK were I live, but now do to
    > security complaints I can't, very limited ceiling.
    >
    > Be for that it was great.

    Roger, stop lying. Wee all know you live on the Kapiti Coast, not the
    UK.

    JohnO, Apr 28, 2008
  4. blanking

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <48158228$>, blanking@brain says...
    > What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that shows
    > you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
    > disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
    > download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
    > turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it probably
    > goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

    It is still there - you've probably found it already yourself.

    Check... very bottom/right corner - a wee thing goes around and goes
    blue when complete.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Apr 29, 2008
  5. blanking

    blanking Guest

    "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > In article <48158228$>, blanking@brain says...
    >> What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that
    >> shows
    >> you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
    >> disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
    >> download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
    >> turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it
    >> probably
    >> goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

    > It is still there - you've probably found it already yourself.
    >
    > Check... very bottom/right corner - a wee thing goes around and goes
    > blue when complete.
    >
    > --
    > Duncan

    No, I don't think I would have spotted that thing anytime soon so thanks
    heaps, I am very glad at least one person here knew the answer to this
    question. I still much prefer the old method where you got a percentage, it
    seems sometimes things are changed just for the sake of it rather than for
    any improvement, just somebody giving a reason for them to have a job I
    suppose.

    blanking, Apr 29, 2008
  6. blanking

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <4816b9b7$>, blanking@brain says...

    > "Dave Doe" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <48158228$>, blanking@brain says...
    > >> What the hell, I download an updated google earth and now the bit that
    > >> shows
    > >> you the progress of data download as you zoom in on a location has
    > >> disappeared, man I hate it when updates stuff things up, I find the data
    > >> download status essential to have, a bloody headache without it so can I
    > >> turn this back on somehow, can't see any obvious way to do it, it
    > >> probably
    > >> goes without saying that help fixing this would be much appreciated.

    > > It is still there - you've probably found it already yourself.
    > >
    > > Check... very bottom/right corner - a wee thing goes around and goes
    > > blue when complete.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Duncan

    > No, I don't think I would have spotted that thing anytime soon so thanks
    > heaps, I am very glad at least one person here knew the answer to this
    > question. I still much prefer the old method where you got a percentage, it
    > seems sometimes things are changed just for the sake of it rather than for
    > any improvement, just somebody giving a reason for them to have a job I
    > suppose.

    Perhaps Google managed to head-hunt someone from Microsoft - that did
    the job :)

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Apr 29, 2008