Google Earth snapper snapped

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Mar 22, 2009.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    A couple of links to interesting pictures appearing in GE's new street

    http://snipurl.com/ebs2v

    http://snipurl.com/ebs3m

    Dangerous and inconsiderate driving captured on GE:

    http://tinyurl.com/ddzo8q

    I dare say the Lothian Constabulary would like the man to be
    identified :)

    Aardvark, Mar 22, 2009

  2. Aardvark

    RickMerrill Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > A couple of links to interesting pictures appearing in GE's new street
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/ebs2v
    >
    > http://snipurl.com/ebs3m
    >
    > Dangerous and inconsiderate driving captured on GE:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/ddzo8q
    >
    > I dare say the Lothian Constabulary would like the man to be
    > identified :)

    You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right?

    RickMerrill, Mar 24, 2009

  3. Aardvark

    Scraggy Guest

    RickMerrill wrote:
    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> A couple of links to interesting pictures appearing in GE's new
    >> street view:
    >>
    >> http://snipurl.com/ebs2v
    >>
    >> http://snipurl.com/ebs3m
    >>
    >> Dangerous and inconsiderate driving captured on GE:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ddzo8q
    >>
    >> I dare say the Lothian Constabulary would like the man to be
    >> identified :)
    >>

    > You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right

    You do know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone other than with a
    handsfree kit or a headset, right?

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 25, 2009
  4. Aardvark

    RickMerrill Guest

    Scraggy wrote:
    > RickMerrill wrote:
    >> Aardvark wrote:
    >>> A couple of links to interesting pictures appearing in GE's new
    >>> street view:
    >>>
    >>> http://snipurl.com/ebs2v
    >>>
    >>> http://snipurl.com/ebs3m
    >>>
    >>> Dangerous and inconsiderate driving captured on GE:
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/ddzo8q
    >>>
    >>> I dare say the Lothian Constabulary would like the man to be
    >>> identified :)
    >>>

    >> You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right

    > You do know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone other than with a
    > handsfree kit or a headset, right?

    Well I agree that it OUGHT to be! Some US states are thinking of banning
    even hands-free sets based on research that shows hands free users are
    just as distracted.

    RickMerrill, Mar 25, 2009
  5. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:08:33 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:
    >> A couple of links to interesting pictures appearing in GE's new street
    >>
    >> http://snipurl.com/ebs2v
    >>
    >> http://snipurl.com/ebs3m
    >>
    >> Dangerous and inconsiderate driving captured on GE:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/ddzo8q
    >>
    >> I dare say the Lothian Constabulary would like the man to be identified
    >> :)
    >>

    > You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right?

    Yes, we DO drive on the left in this country. Full marks for general
    knowledge.

    Aardvark, Mar 25, 2009
  6. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:13:00 +0000, Scraggy wrote:

    >>> http://tinyurl.com/ddzo8q
    >>>
    >>> I dare say the Lothian Constabulary would like the man to be
    >>> identified
    >>>

    >> You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right

    > You do know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone other than with a
    > handsfree kit or a headset, right?

    Not to mention he's simultaneously turning a corner approaching a pelican
    crossing.

    Aardvark, Mar 25, 2009
  7. Aardvark

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-25, RickMerrill <> wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >> RickMerrill wrote:

    >>> You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right

    >> You do know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone other than with a
    >> handsfree kit or a headset, right?
    >>

    > Well I agree that it OUGHT to be!

    It is in this country.

    > Some US states are thinking of banning
    > even hands-free sets based on research that shows hands free users are
    > just as distracted.

    They'll soon be banning passengers too then, and sound systems and radios
    and CBs - and of course, pets.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 25, 2009
  8. Aardvark

    RickMerrill Guest

    Aardvark wrote:

    >>> You do know that they drive on the LEFT over there, right

    >> You do know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone other than with a
    >> handsfree kit or a headset, right?

    > Not to mention he's simultaneously turning a corner approaching a pelican
    > crossing.

    What does an Aardvark know about Pelican crossings?-)

    What's a "pelican crossing?"

    RickMerrill, Mar 26, 2009
  9. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:44:19 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> You do know that it's illegal to use a mobile phone other than with a
    >>> handsfree kit or a headset, right?

    >> Not to mention he's simultaneously turning a corner approaching a
    >> pelican crossing.

    > What does an Aardvark know about Pelican crossings?-)
    >
    > What's a "pelican crossing?"

    It's a crossing which is different in various ways from zebra crossings,
    toucan crossings and puffin crossings.

    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_crossing>

    Aardvark, Mar 27, 2009
  10. Aardvark

    RickMerrill Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 18:44:19 -0400, RickMerrill wrote:
    >
    >> Aardvark wrote:

    >>> Not to mention he's simultaneously turning a corner approaching a
    >>> pelican crossing.

    >> What does an Aardvark know about Pelican crossings?-)
    >>
    >> What's a "pelican crossing?"

    > It's a crossing which is different in various ways from zebra crossings,
    > toucan crossings and puffin crossings.
    >
    > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelican_crossing>

    In Boston we have a unique stoplight configuration that shows BOTH
    Green and Yellow at the same time: confuses the heck out of tourists.
    But it is 4-way and the advantage of it is that pedestrians can cross an
    intersection diagonally!

    RickMerrill, Mar 27, 2009