    definition where anything can be seen. I can understand East Podunk, Indiana not
    showing up as hi-def, but areas around NYC? I don't get it. Thanks.

    , Jul 14, 2006

    http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0/C/50

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 14, 2006

  3. Frosty Guest

    On or about Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:07:36 GMT, an entity identified as
    "Gary G. Taylor" <> proudly proclaimed:

    >On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:19:58 -0400, rfdjr1 wrote:
    >
    >> Subject: Google Earth question
    >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:19:58 -0400
    >>
    >> Have they stopped supporting this? I haven't seen an upgrade in quite a while.
    >> Also, I live in the greater NYC area, and my area is not in any kind of
    >> definition where anything can be seen. I can understand East Podunk, Indiana not
    >> showing up as hi-def, but areas around NYC? I don't get it. Thanks.

    >http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0/C/50

    Can't you just read it for us & tell us the answers?
    Like, why are the pictures 6 years old?

    Frosty, Jul 14, 2006
  4. Fuzzy Logic Guest

    wrote in

    > Have they stopped supporting this? I haven't seen an upgrade in quite a
    > while. Also, I live in the greater NYC area, and my area is not in any
    > kind of definition where anything can be seen. I can understand East
    > Podunk, Indiana not showing up as hi-def, but areas around NYC? I don't
    > get it. Thanks.

    The most recent edition (that I know of) is 4.0.1657 BETA with a build date of July 5th. You can download it
    from here:

    http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

    I've been running it since it's release and had no problems. I really like the new interface in version 4.

    Fuzzy Logic, Jul 14, 2006
  5. fkasner Guest

    Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    > On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:19:58 -0400, rfdjr1 wrote:
    >
    >> Subject: Google Earth question
    >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:19:58 -0400
    >>
    >> Have they stopped supporting this? I haven't seen an upgrade in quite a while.
    >> Also, I live in the greater NYC area, and my area is not in any kind of
    >> definition where anything can be seen. I can understand East Podunk, Indiana not
    >> showing up as hi-def, but areas around NYC? I don't get it. Thanks.

    > http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0/C/50

    Sounds like you are either expecting too much or haven't downloaded the
    latest version of the software. I used to live in The Bronx when I was a
    kid and also in downtown Manhattan. I also spent most of my summers in
    Far Rockaway. I can even make out the pattern of the boards (diagonal)
    on the boardwalk on the beach in the Rockaways. And the buildings I
    lived in in The Bronx are no longer there. But I still can see my old
    school PS 73 clearly enough.

    Look for a better monitor if you can't get some details at about 1000
    foot altitude. Don't expect too much more if you go lower than that.

    FK

    fkasner, Jul 14, 2006
  6. Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:59:39 GMT, fkasner <> wrote:

    >Gary G. Taylor wrote:
    >> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:19:58 -0400, rfdjr1 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Subject: Google Earth question
    >>> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >>> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 00:19:58 -0400
    >>>
    >>> Have they stopped supporting this? I haven't seen an upgrade in quite a while.
    >>> Also, I live in the greater NYC area, and my area is not in any kind of
    >>> definition where anything can be seen. I can understand East Podunk, Indiana not
    >>> showing up as hi-def, but areas around NYC? I don't get it. Thanks.

    >> http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0/C/50
    >>

    >Sounds like you are either expecting too much or haven't downloaded the
    >latest version of the software. I used to live in The Bronx when I was a
    >kid and also in downtown Manhattan. I also spent most of my summers in
    >Far Rockaway. I can even make out the pattern of the boards (diagonal)
    >on the boardwalk on the beach in the Rockaways. And the buildings I
    >lived in in The Bronx are no longer there. But I still can see my old
    >school PS 73 clearly enough.
    >
    >Look for a better monitor if you can't get some details at about 1000
    >foot altitude. Don't expect too much more if you go lower than that.
    >
    >FK

    Thanks. I have the latest download, and a 19" LCD monitor with excellent
    resolution (digital connection to video card.) The area I live in, SW
    Connecticut, is considered around here as the NYC Metropolitan area. Maybe
    that's where I threw you off. I can see the Bronx, Queens, etc. But only about
    four miles into CT, then it's lo-res except for a few choice spots.

    , Jul 15, 2006
  7. On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:40:18 -0400, Frosty wrote:

    >>http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0/C/50

    > Can't you just read it for us & tell us the answers?
    > Like, why are the pictures 6 years old?

    Um, why can't YOU either (a) search for information or (b) go to the linkI
    gavr you for answers to your questions, as you should have done in the
    firs place? Googleearth hs a massive web site, after all, and the
    answers to your quest are there IN ABUNDANCE.

    And for that matter, can't you use google?
    Apparently not.

    Gary G. Taylor, Jul 16, 2006
  8. Guest

    On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 05:54:58 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:40:18 -0400, Frosty wrote:
    >
    >>>http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php/Cat/0/C/50

    >> Can't you just read it for us & tell us the answers?
    >> Like, why are the pictures 6 years old?

    >Um, why can't YOU either (a) search for information or (b) go to the linkI
    >gavr you for answers to your questions, as you should have done in the
    >firs place? Googleearth hs a massive web site, after all, and the
    >answers to your quest are there IN ABUNDANCE.
    >
    >And for that matter, can't you use google?
    >Apparently not.

    You know what? Go screw yourself. If you don't want to answer questions posted
    here, mind your own goddamn business. It's assholes like you that ruin the
    spirit of these groups. I've gotten great information from KNOWLEDGEABLE people
    here over the years, before and after Google came around. Then there's trolls
    like you.

    , Jul 16, 2006
  9. Dingus Guest

    I can understand East Podunk, Indiana not
    | showing up as hi-def, but areas around NYC? I don't get it. Thanks.

    Hey, I live in East Podunk, Indiana and I object to your snobbish view
    of us. If you do a search on Google Earth of East Podunk, IN. you will
    see me very clearly, standing in my front yard ....giving you the
    finger !

    --
    Dingus says:
    Routinely Run - Disk Cleanup,