    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK
    Jim Scott, Nov 30, 2005

  2. Jim Scott, <>, the dummy, egg-shaped gland, and boy
    trumpeter, wanted to talkee-talkee about:

    > I used to have and use Google Earth.
    >
    > Something happened causing me to get an error 6001 which blocks use
    > and downloading.
    > I tried GE forum and the only advice given was to delete a folder
    > c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\
    > Professional\RunTime\0701
    > except the folder 0701 does not exist.
    >
    > Any other ideas?

    Clear anything 'Google Earth' or associated from the registry after total
    uninstall using the uninstall or Add/Remove, reboot, then reinstall.
    Piotr Klimaszewsk, Nov 30, 2005

  3. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:43:14 -0500, Piotr Klimaszewsk wrote:

    > Jim Scott, <>, the dummy, egg-shaped gland, and boy
    > trumpeter, wanted to talkee-talkee about:
    >
    >> I used to have and use Google Earth.
    >>
    >> Something happened causing me to get an error 6001 which blocks use
    >> and downloading.
    >> I tried GE forum and the only advice given was to delete a folder
    >> c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\
    >> Professional\RunTime\0701
    >> except the folder 0701 does not exist.
    >>
    >> Any other ideas?

    > Clear anything 'Google Earth' or associated from the registry after total
    > uninstall using the uninstall or Add/Remove, reboot, then reinstall.

    Thanks.
    Did all this before posting.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK
    Jim Scott, Nov 30, 2005
  4. Jim Scott, <>, the bulbaceous, shit-smelling
    lewdster, and seller of indulgences, chewed:

    > On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:43:14 -0500, Piotr Klimaszewsk wrote:
    >
    >> Jim Scott, <>, the dummy, egg-shaped gland,
    >> and boy trumpeter, wanted to talkee-talkee about:
    >>
    >>> I used to have and use Google Earth.
    >>>
    >>> Something happened causing me to get an error 6001 which blocks use
    >>> and downloading.
    >>> I tried GE forum and the only advice given was to delete a folder
    >>> c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\
    >>> Professional\RunTime\0701
    >>> except the folder 0701 does not exist.
    >>>
    >>> Any other ideas?

    >> Clear anything 'Google Earth' or associated from the registry after
    >> total uninstall using the uninstall or Add/Remove, reboot, then
    >> reinstall.

    > Thanks.
    > Did all this before posting.

    "I tried GE forum and the only advice given was to delete a folder
    c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701
    except the folder 0701 does not exist."

    So, reinstall it in safe mode, reboot normally, then uninstall it, reboot
    again, then install it normally.

    What version are you attempting to install? Which mode are you running it
    in, OpenGL or DirectX?
    Aliokolewa Vishughulikiane, Nov 30, 2005
  5. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    Re: Google Earth problem persists NOW SOLVED (was: Google Earth problem persists)

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 12:13:11 -0500, Aliokolewa Vishughulikiane wrote:

    > Jim Scott, <>, the bulbaceous, shit-smelling
    > lewdster, and seller of indulgences, chewed:
    >
    >> On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:43:14 -0500, Piotr Klimaszewsk wrote:
    >>
    >>> Jim Scott, <>, the dummy, egg-shaped gland,
    >>> and boy trumpeter, wanted to talkee-talkee about:

    >>> Clear anything 'Google Earth' or associated from the registry after
    >>> total uninstall using the uninstall or Add/Remove, reboot, then
    >>> reinstall.

    >> Thanks.
    >> Did all this before posting.

    > "I tried GE forum and the only advice given was to delete a folder
    > c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0701
    > except the folder 0701 does not exist."
    >
    > So, reinstall it in safe mode, reboot normally, then uninstall it, reboot
    > again, then install it normally.
    >
    > What version are you attempting to install? Which mode are you running it
    > in, OpenGL or DirectX?

    I have now renamed (for safety) two folders named 09 and 10 in the same
    directory.
    All is now well.
    Thanks.
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK
    Jim Scott, Nov 30, 2005
  6. Jim Scott

    Shep© Guest

    On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:33:20 GMT If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then Jim Scott <> sent
    this :

    >I used to have and use Google Earth.
    >
    >Something happened causing me to get an error 6001 which blocks use and
    >downloading.
    >I tried GE forum and the only advice given was to delete a folder
    >c:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\
    >Professional\RunTime\0701
    >except the folder 0701 does not exist.
    >
    >Any other ideas?

    Firewall?