    of friends and relations.

    Works well on a 256MB system with: Xandros 4.0 Linux, Athlon 2200+ CPU
    and aging nVidia GF4-MX440 video adapter.
    steve, Sep 13, 2006

  2. steve

    Peter Guest

    steve wrote:
    > Had the time tonight to download Google Earth for Linux....and myself
    > and the kids had some fun flying around the world checking out the homes
    > of friends and relations.
    >
    > Works well on a 256MB system with: Xandros 4.0 Linux, Athlon 2200+ CPU
    > and aging nVidia GF4-MX440 video adapter.

    Where is this available from?
    I had a look a few weeks back, and found only Windos and Mac versions.
    http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html

    TIA

    Peter
    Peter, Sep 13, 2006

  3. steve

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    Peter wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> Had the time tonight to download Google Earth for Linux....and myself
    >> and the kids had some fun flying around the world checking out the homes
    >> of friends and relations.
    >>
    >> Works well on a 256MB system with: Xandros 4.0 Linux, Athlon 2200+ CPU
    >> and aging nVidia GF4-MX440 video adapter.

    > Where is this available from?
    > I had a look a few weeks back, and found only Windos and Mac versions.
    > http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Peter

    It's right there on the very page you linked to. Beta version 4 for Linux,
    Windows 2000/XP or Mac OS X

    Mackin_NZ, Sep 13, 2006
  4. steve

    Flintstone Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >> Had the time tonight to download Google Earth for Linux....and myself
    >> and the kids had some fun flying around the world checking out the homes
    >> of friends and relations.
    >>
    >> Works well on a 256MB system with: Xandros 4.0 Linux, Athlon 2200+ CPU
    >> and aging nVidia GF4-MX440 video adapter.

    > Where is this available from?
    > I had a look a few weeks back, and found only Windos and Mac versions.
    > http://earth.google.com/download-earth.html
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Peter

    Same address as you, but its only a beta at this stage.
    Flintstone, Sep 13, 2006
  5. steve

    Allistar Guest

    steve wrote:

    > Had the time tonight to download Google Earth for Linux....and myself
    > and the kids had some fun flying around the world checking out the homes
    > of friends and relations.
    >
    > Works well on a 256MB system with: Xandros 4.0 Linux, Athlon 2200+ CPU
    > and aging nVidia GF4-MX440 video adapter.

    I've had it installed for a couple of months now (Gentoo Linux). It's an
    amazing piece of software, and a great way to gobble up free time.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Sep 13, 2006
  6. steve

    Guest

    steve wrote:

    > Had the time tonight to download Google Earth for Linux....and myself
    > and the kids had some fun flying around the world checking out the homes
    > of friends and relations.
    >
    > Works well on a 256MB system with: Xandros 4.0 Linux, Athlon 2200+ CPU
    > and aging nVidia GF4-MX440 video adapter.

    Speaking of google earth.........:)

    Is anyone able to get a decent view of Hamilton. My sister lives there
    and I was trying to get a decent screenshot for her but it was nothing
    but a blur.

    Regards
    Miguel

    PS Just thought I'd say that Ubuntu is the Clayton's
    Linux.....absolutely superb piece of kit
    , Sep 14, 2006
  7. steve

    Mackin_NZ Guest

    wrote:

    > Speaking of google earth.........:)
    >
    > Is anyone able to get a decent view of Hamilton. My sister lives there
    > and I was trying to get a decent screenshot for her but it was nothing
    > but a blur.

    It's not out of focus, that's what Hamilton looks like in real life.

    Mackin

    Mackin_NZ, Sep 14, 2006
  8. In message <4508dfe8$0$19609$>, Mackin_NZ wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> Speaking of google earth.........:)
    >>
    >> Is anyone able to get a decent view of Hamilton. My sister lives there
    >> and I was trying to get a decent screenshot for her but it was nothing
    >> but a blur.

    > It's not out of focus, that's what Hamilton looks like in real life.

    I'll overlook your lack of a smiley, because "Lonely Planet" describes us as
    the "Capital of Nice".

    Though we got transplanted to southern France, I have no idea ... :)
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 15, 2006
  9. steve

    Peter Guest

    Mackin_NZ wrote:
    > It's right there on the very page you linked to. Beta version 4 for
    > Linux, Windows 2000/XP or Mac OS X

    thanks - I hadn't read that far - just looked at the stable version
    (oops)
    Peter, Sep 15, 2006