    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Oct 5, 2005

  2. Jim Scott

    Shawn Guest

    "Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
    > which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
    > cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
    > now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
    > In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
    > the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
    > re-try an install.
    > Can anyone see a way?
    > --
    > Jim
    > Tyneside UK

    try a system restore to just before you tried to update, then uninstall GE
    and reinstall it, the new install should be the updated one

    Shawn, Oct 5, 2005

  3. Jim Scott

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:33:00 GMT, Shawn wrote:

    >"Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    >> When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
    >> which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
    >> cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
    >> now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
    >> In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
    >> the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
    >> re-try an install.
    >> Can anyone see a way?
    >> --
    >> Jim
    >> Tyneside UK

    >try a system restore to just before you tried to update, then uninstall GE
    >and reinstall it, the new install should be the updated one

    Check the last thread, may save repeating something already suggested to
    the OP for the same request.

    <http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk/browse_frm/thread/df09c01fc183a5c5/b454f6bc793b9eda?q=+google+earth&rnum=1&hl=en#b454f6bc793b9eda>

    Me

    why?, Oct 5, 2005
  4. Jim Scott

    Jim Scott Guest

    > On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 10:33:00 GMT, Shawn wrote:
    >

    >>"Jim Scott" <> wrote in message
    >>> When I tried to install the latest update to GE I get an error message
    >>> which tells me to do various things like shutting programs and emptying
    >>> cache. None of these make any difference the error message is 6001. If I
    >>> now try to uninstall GE, I get the same message.
    >>> In desperation I deleted the GE folder and cleaned what I could find from
    >>> the registry with RegSeeker, but I still get the error message when I
    >>> re-try an install.
    >>> Can anyone see a way?
    >>> --
    >>> Jim
    >>> Tyneside UK

    >>try a system restore to just before you tried to update, then uninstall GE
    >>and reinstall it, the new install should be the updated one

    Trouble is I cannot find when I tried to install the new version and in the
    meanwhile I have wiped all traces from my registry, I get the same error
    when I try to uninstall as when I try to re-install and nobody in the
    Google Earth Forum has answered me or another person with the same problem
    :eek:(
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK