    I'm in the UK, and when I go to Google.com it is a German Google site!
    Everything is German. It has been this way for quite some time now.

    John

    John, Jun 4, 2004

  2. John

    colin Guest

    John wrote:
    > Hello.
    >
    > I just wondered what happened to Google.com?
    >
    > Is anyone in the US still visiting this site and seeing everything in
    > English?
    >
    > I'm in the UK, and when I go to Google.com it is a German Google site!
    > Everything is German. It has been this way for quite some time now.
    >
    > John

    It could be, that when you installed your system, you didn`t select the
    correct regional setting

    colin, Jun 4, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 03:40:45 +1000, colin <>
    wrote:

    >John wrote:
    >> Hello.
    >>
    >> I just wondered what happened to Google.com?
    >>
    >> Is anyone in the US still visiting this site and seeing everything in
    >> English?
    >>
    >> I'm in the UK, and when I go to Google.com it is a German Google site!
    >> Everything is German. It has been this way for quite some time now.
    >>
    >> John
    >>

    >It could be, that when you installed your system, you didn`t select the
    >correct regional setting

    I selected the UK when I installed XP Pro.

    John

    John, Jun 4, 2004
  4. John

    colin Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 03:40:45 +1000, colin <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>John wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello.
    >>>
    >>>I just wondered what happened to Google.com?
    >>>
    >>>Is anyone in the US still visiting this site and seeing everything in
    >>>English?
    >>>
    >>>I'm in the UK, and when I go to Google.com it is a German Google site!
    >>>Everything is German. It has been this way for quite some time now.
    >>>
    >>>John
    >>>

    >>It could be, that when you installed your system, you didn`t select the
    >>correct regional setting

    > I selected the UK when I installed XP Pro.
    >
    > John

    Try this one than..

    http://www.google.co.uk/

    colin, Jun 4, 2004
  5. John

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Are you using a proxy?

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 4, 2004
  6. John

    John Guest

    On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:54:42 +0100, "Lloyd Jones" <@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Are you using a proxy?
    >
    >LJ

    No, no proxy.

    My question isn't about trying to use google that's not a problem. I
    just wanted to know if you guys in the US can still go to google.COM
    and see it all in English, and whether anyone in the UK can as well?
    When I go there as I said it's all German.

    Google.co.uk is fine that's what I use a lot. I just wanted to know
    why Google.com is german though and whether it is only my machine or
    if its like that everywhere?

    Cheers

    John

    John, Jun 5, 2004
  7. John

    vince Guest

    Yes, its only the most popular search engine there is here, so yes we do

    vince, Jun 5, 2004
  8. John

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I asked if you were using a proxy because If they think your IP address is
    coming from Germany then it will be displayed in a german language.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Jun 5, 2004
  9. John

    John Guest

    I found out what the problem is. It is to do with a german ip
    address! Apparently the ADSL company I am with gets their service
    through telefonica not BT, here in the UK.

    It still seems strange to me though because Telefonica is Spanish is
    it not? So I still don't understand how I get a German IP address :(

    Another strange thing is that the company I was with before Clara.net
    is a French company with services in the UK and European countries as
    well. So I don't understand how it always came up in German when I
    was with them as well.

    Looks like I wont be able to visit Google.com again, unless I want to
    see it in German :( That has got to suck.

    John

    John, Jun 8, 2004
  10. John

    Jim Berwick Guest

    John <> wrote in news:7l6cc09hp75c95vgvr28ccqo9216cac1l5@
    4ax.com:

    > Looks like I wont be able to visit Google.com again, unless I want to
    > see it in German :( That has got to suck.

    Go to google, click Preferences, and set it to english. Preferences is the
    second link to the immediate right of the search field.

    Jim Berwick, Jun 8, 2004
  11. John

    ProfGene Guest

    Web Images Groups News FroogleNew! more »

    Preferences
    Language Tools

    Advertising Programs - Business Solutions - About Google

    Make Google Your Homepage!

    ProfGene, Jun 15, 2004
  12. John

    tempuser01

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    John. Try the Google.com settings itself. Other than that... DO NOT GO TO goggle.com IT IS A VIRUS SITE THAT CRASHES YOUR COMPUTER. Be careful what you type next time...

    tempuser01, Dec 21, 2011
  13. John

    TOMBOY98

    Joined: