    trying, or ask for another password, or what?

    Thank you.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Apr 27, 2011

  2. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Re: Google doesn't recognise password

    That's meant to be Password. I've corrected it.

    Geopelia, Apr 27, 2011

  3. Geopelia

    Peter Guest

    Geopelia wrote:
    > Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
    > changing to Broadband? It always worked before.

    It won't change just because you've gone to broadband.

    > There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?

    Maybe that is Western Digital password, in which case it is nothing to do
    with gmail.

    > What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
    > trying, or ask for another password, or what?

    Is it possible that someone has gained access to your gmail account?

    I would click on the "can't access your account" link on the gmail login
    page, and change the password to something new. Pick a new password that is
    at least 8 characters long, has upper and lower case letters, numbers and
    symbols (!@#$%^&*;/<>[~=-) and not a dictionary word (and not your username,
    email or real name).

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Apr 27, 2011
  4. On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:44:23 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    wrote:

    >Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
    >changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
    >
    >There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
    >
    >What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
    >trying, or ask for another password, or what?
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Geopelia

    What Google you do not say.

    Broadband has nothing to do with it at all, the only thing is that
    Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

    William Brown, Apr 27, 2011
  5. Geopelia

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
    >> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.

    > It won't change just because you've gone to broadband.
    >
    >> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?

    > Maybe that is Western Digital password, in which case it is nothing to do
    > with gmail.
    >
    >> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I
    >> keep
    >> trying, or ask for another password, or what?

    > Is it possible that someone has gained access to your gmail account?

    I haven't got one now. I didn't fill out the big form as I would never use
    it.

    > I would click on the "can't access your account" link on the gmail login
    > page, and change the password to something new. Pick a new password that
    > is
    > at least 8 characters long, has upper and lower case letters, numbers and
    > symbols (!@#$%^&*;/<>[~=-) and not a dictionary word (and not your
    > username,
    > email or real name).
    >
    > HTH
    >

    > Peter

    Thank you. I changed the password.

    Google seems to be working, for looking things up.

    I had a look at Google Groups. It seems to be changing everything, but I
    still found my groups.
    I was surprised to find it "didn't recognise my language."
    English is probably the world's most widely used language! Or is that
    Chinese now?
    English US is there though so I suppose I'll need to use American spelling.

    I wouldn't use Google Groups though unless september and aioe weren't
    working.
    It's much too complicated.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Apr 27, 2011
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "William Brown" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:44:23 +1200, "Geopelia" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
    >>changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
    >>
    >>There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
    >>
    >>What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
    >>trying, or ask for another password, or what?
    >>
    >>Thank you.
    >>
    >>Geopelia
    >>

    > What Google you do not say.

    Is there more than one Google?

    Geopelia, Apr 27, 2011
  7. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-04-27, EMB <> wrote:
    > On 27/04/2011 7:48 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

    > More bullshit from Woger.

    Well, economical with the truth

    Gordon, Apr 28, 2011
  8. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-04-27, Geopelia <> wrote:
    > Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
    > changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
    >
    > There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
    >
    > What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I keep
    > trying, or ask for another password, or what?

    FWIW it appears that Google is receiving some unwanted attention.
    http://gmail-backup.com leads on into the twilight zone. NZ PC World, page
    78 of May edition says that there is a programme to backup ones gmail

    Gordon, Apr 28, 2011
  9. On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:59:42 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 27/04/2011 7:48 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >
    >> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

    >More bullshit from Woger.

    100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
    be such a dork

    William Brown, Apr 28, 2011
  10. Geopelia

    PeeCee Guest

    On 28/04/2011 7:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    > On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 20:59:42 +1200, EMB<> wrote:
    >
    >> On 27/04/2011 7:48 p.m., William Brown wrote:
    >>
    >>> Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are easy to get hacked

    >> More bullshit from Woger.

    > 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
    > be such a dork

    mmmmmmm

    Cleaned a PC up yesterday that was riddled with False security alerts,
    Trojans, droppers, backdoor servers, keyloggers & rootkits.

    Probably the worst case I've had for quite some time (years?)

    The PC in question has 'always' used dial up!

    mmmmmmm

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Apr 28, 2011
  11. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On 2011-04-27, Geopelia <> wrote:
    >> Google doesn't recognise my Google password. Is this something to do with
    >> changing to Broadband? It always worked before.
    >>
    >> There's a lot of stuff about WD password on Google What is that please?
    >>
    >> What should I do? Is there a site that would explain things? Should I
    >> keep
    >> trying, or ask for another password, or what?
    >>

    > FWIW it appears that Google is receiving some unwanted attention.
    > http://gmail-backup.com leads on into the twilight zone. NZ PC World, page
    > 78 of May edition says that there is a programme to backup ones gmail

    I don't use gmail.

    I've changed my password now for Google, but I only use Google to look up
    things.
    The groups keep changing and are very complicated to use, for me.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Apr 28, 2011
  12. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    On 29/04/11 22:50, EMB wrote:
    > On 28/04/2011 7:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> More bullshit from Woger.

    >> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
    >> be such a dork

    > Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
    > you ever will.
    >
    > Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
    > infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.

    Rog is probably harking back to the days when the TelstraClear cable
    connection was an uncontrolled pure ethernet. Boy, if you monitored the
    traffic in those days it was scary!

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Apr 29, 2011
  13. On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:50:53 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 28/04/2011 7:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> More bullshit from Woger.

    >> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
    >> be such a dork

    >Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
    >you ever will.
    >
    >Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
    >infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.

    Funny that I could change is every min if I wished to, seems like you
    are still out of touch..

    William Brown, Apr 30, 2011
  14. On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 23:59:13 +1200, Enkidu <>
    wrote:

    >On 29/04/11 22:50, EMB wrote:

    >>> 100% FACT, go do some reading, may be you will learn some thing and not
    >>> be such a dork

    >> Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
    >> you ever will.
    >>
    >> Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
    >> infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.
    >>

    >Rog is probably harking back to the days when the TelstraClear cable
    >connection was an uncontrolled pure ethernet. Boy, if you monitored the
    >traffic in those days it was scary!
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >Cliff

    No I was referring to the Paradise days, nothing at all to do with
    TelstraClear as it was before there time.

    William Brown, Apr 30, 2011
  15. On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 21:40:08 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 30/04/2011 7:07 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> Strangely enough Woger, that's a subject I know a lot more about than
    >>> you ever will.
    >>>
    >>> Even simple logic proves you wrong - a dynamic broadband IP changes so
    >>> infrequently that is is static from the point of view of hacking risk.
    >>>

    >> Funny that I could change is every min if I wished to, seems like you
    >> are still out of touch..
    >>

    >And how exactly are you going to do that Woger? And why does it matter
    >anyway if you're behind a NAT router as 99% of home broadband users are?

    From memory it just a thing I clicked on but this was the old days you
    did not need a router at all.

    You do seem to forget that Paradise provided Cable in Kapiti a long time
    ago, but it was not really broadband as such but from memory about 5
    times faster than dial up.

    Me thinks this is before you were hatched.??

    William Brown, May 1, 2011
  16. On Sun, 01 May 2011 19:23:24 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 1/05/2011 6:37 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> And how exactly are you going to do that Woger? And why does it matter
    >>> anyway if you're behind a NAT router as 99% of home broadband users are?

    >> From memory it just a thing I clicked on but this was the old days you
    >> did not need a router at all.

    >Even then as an "always on" service having a static IP didn't make a lot
    >of difference as you tended to keep a static IP address for a reasonable
    >period of time.
    >

    >> You do seem to forget that Paradise provided Cable in Kapiti a long time
    >> ago, but it was not really broadband as such but from memory about 5
    >> times faster than dial up.

    >Changing the frame of reference again are we Woger? You made comments
    >that *might* have been true about a now defunct fraudband service
    >provided somewhere near Wellington a decade ago in direct reference to a
    >current ADSL broadband service being provided somewhere near Auckland.
    >Not only wrong but irrelevant.

    I MADE NO REFERENCE TO ADSL AT ALL, YOU HAVE JUST BROUGHT IT UP.

    >> Me thinks this is before you were hatched.??
    >>

    >Methinks you need at readjust your view on that on.

    Na Dragons get hatched.

    William Brown, May 1, 2011
  17. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > On 1/05/2011 10:17 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    >>> Even then as an "always on" service having a static IP didn't make a lot
    >>> of difference as you tended to keep a static IP address for a reasonable
    >>> period of time.

    >>> Changing the frame of reference again are we Woger? You made comments
    >>> that *might* have been true about a now defunct fraudband service
    >>> provided somewhere near Wellington a decade ago in direct reference to a
    >>> current ADSL broadband service being provided somewhere near Auckland.
    >>> Not only wrong but irrelevant.

    >> I MADE NO REFERENCE TO ADSL AT ALL, YOU HAVE JUST BROUGHT IT UP.

    > Geopelia was talking about her new ADSL broadband in this thread then you
    > started blathering on about "Broadband with a Fixed IP mean that you are
    > easy to get hacked". You now say that "it was not really broadband as
    > such", so in fact your comments are irrelevant twice over.

    Is my Broadband ADSL, whatever that is? I got it from Telecom.
    It seems faster than dial up, and I can get videos.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, May 1, 2011
  18. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > On 2/05/2011 12:02 a.m., Geopelia wrote:
    >>
    >> Is my Broadband ADSL, whatever that is? I got it from Telecom.
    >> It seems faster than dial up, and I can get videos.

    > It is ADSL, which stands for Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line. The
    > technical nitpickers will probably jump in and scream "wrong" but in
    > simple terms it uses the frequencies above the voice range to transmit the
    > data signals (which is why you can be on the internet and phone at the
    > same time). There is greater bandwidth (ie more signal space available)
    > in this area above the voice signal which means more data can be passed at
    > once, hence the higher speed that enables you to watch videos.

    Thank you. I don't understand all the technical stuff, but as long as things
    work I'm happy.
    It will be handy if I have to get xtra to talk me through something on the
    phone.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, May 1, 2011