    *Slow day Posts Blog*
    Pictorial Amusement from the web at
    http://nzcollector.blogspot.com
    Collector»NZ, May 5, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    phstpok Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > On my blog I have information on Googles new Web Accelorator, a caching
    > system using Google resources to speed up pages for broadband connections.

    I'm surprised they took this long.
    phstpok, May 5, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    Evil Bastard Guest

    phstpok wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> On my blog I have information on Googles new Web Accelorator, a
    >> caching system using Google resources to speed up pages for broadband
    >> connections.
    >>

    > I'm surprised they took this long.

    Shame it's windoze-only

    --
    Cheers
    EB

    Evil Bastard, May 5, 2005
  4. Suddenly, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Collector=BBNZ?= sprang forth and uttered these
    pithy words:
    > On my blog I have information on Googles new Web
    > Accelorator, a caching system using Google resources to
    > speed up pages for broadband connections.

    Seems very ambitious to offer web acceleration, mainly targetted at
    broadband, to the whole world! But I guess they have the smarties to
    figure out requirements...

    --
    aaronl at consultant dot com
    For every expert, there is an equal and
    Aaron Lawrence, May 5, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    d Guest

    In article <4279b039$>,
    says...
    > On my blog I have information on Googles new Web
    > Accelorator, a caching system using Google resources to
    > speed up pages for broadband connections.

    Not all of the information by the sound of it.

    I took a look yesterday, but as I'm in neither Europe or North America,
    it doesn't seem worth playing with. Also, as much as we all love
    Google, I'm not sure I want them tracking every non HTTPS url I request.

    1. What is Google Web Accelerator?

    Google Web Accelerator is an application that uses the power of Google's
    global computer network to make web pages load faster. Google Web
    Accelerator is easy to use; all you have to do is download and install
    it, and from then on many web pages will automatically load faster than
    before.

    Please note that Google Web Accelerator is currently in beta test mode.
    If you have any problems using it or have suggestions for how we can
    improve it, please see the Google Group devoted to it.

    Also note that during the first part of our beta testing period, users
    outside of North America and Europe may not see much improvement in
    their web page loading speed.
    d, May 5, 2005