google desktop

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 15, 2004.

  1. Anyone willing to download it and explain how wonderful it is?
    Im a little wary given the EULA.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Dorado Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Anyone willing to download it and explain how wonderful it is?
    > Im a little wary given the EULA.

    Which part of EULA? if its the bit regarding personal information then that
    can be disabled during setup.

    I've been using it since morning today and although indexing is still going
    on I've found it very useful. The fact that I can use the same interface as
    Google web search to search my machine really comes in handy. So far I love
    it.

    Dorado, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz says...
    > Anyone willing to download it and explain how wonderful it is?
    > Im a little wary given the EULA.

    Where from ? I went to google but for the life of me could not find it.
    Was it the local search thingy for HDD ?

    Did download and am trying picasa tho so was not a wasted trip but a
    link to download the desktop would be handy Dave and I will see how it
    goes for ya.
    bAZZ..>>

    bAZZ, Oct 16, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    WAR Guest

    desktop.google.com is the url.

    WAR, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Stewbaby Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <dave@no_spam_here_please_dave.net.nz> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Anyone willing to download it and explain how wonderful it is?
    > Im a little wary given the EULA.

    And I wonder how long it will be before a backdoor worm is
    specifically targetted at the default install of the Google Desktop
    (i.e. pointing to "program files\google\desktop\index.htm" or
    whatever).

    That would be a nice way to come in and gain full access to someone's
    PC, as well as being able to search it for interesting tidbits.

    Stewbaby

    Stewbaby, Oct 19, 2004
  6. Stewbaby wrote:
    >>Anyone willing to download it and explain how wonderful it is?
    >>Im a little wary given the EULA.

    > And I wonder how long it will be before a backdoor worm is
    > specifically targetted at the default install of the Google Desktop
    > (i.e. pointing to "program files\google\desktop\index.htm" or
    > whatever).

    > That would be a nice way to come in and gain full access to someone's
    > PC, as well as being able to search it for interesting tidbits.

    thats what I was thinking... infact I'm playing around with installing
    it on a few friends PC's for some sort of file sharing network...
    html file directories on their PCs, and remote access, passworded
    proxied port forwarded back to the local machine.

    sure it is a conveluted way of doing it, but once I got the script
    running right, it's all good and easy.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz