Google desktop?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pete, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Mar 16, 2007

  2. pete

    Fuzzy Logic Guest

    Fuzzy Logic, Mar 16, 2007

  3. "pete" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has google desk top any useful functions? Does anybody here use it?

    It slows older machines down, I find. And my main machine is using Vista,
    which has something like that anyway.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Mar 16, 2007
  4. "Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message

    > "pete" <> wrote in message
    >> Has google desk top any useful functions? Does anybody here use it?

    > It slows older machines down, I find. And my main machine is using Vista,
    > which has something like that anyway.

    Oh, BTW, in a group test in PCPro magazine, they found the Copernic and
    Yahoo desktop search programs to be the best out of the free ones.

    http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/139/desktop-search/introduction.html

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Mar 16, 2007
  5. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 22:13:33 GMT, Fuzzy Logic
    <> wrote:

    >pete <> wrote in news::
    >
    >> Has google desk top any useful functions? Does anybody here use it?
    >> pete
    >> www.suffolkrightsofway.co.uk
    >> www.ipswichwaterfrontaccess.co.uk

    >What's useful to me maybe useless to you and vice versa. Only you can decide:
    >
    >http://desktop.google.com/features.html
    >
    >I don't use it.

    I quite wrongly thought is enabled one to work from any computer with
    ones docs and files. I suppose if a HD goes down on the main computer
    google desk top stops working. I was contemplating using it to make
    sure I was always backed up. Have I missunderstood this application?

    pete, Mar 17, 2007
  6. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:56:33 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"pete" <> wrote in message
    >> Has google desk top any useful functions? Does anybody here use it?

    >It slows older machines down, I find. And my main machine is using Vista,
    >which has something like that anyway.

    Yes I thought it might but if it could be used to backup a desktop it
    maybe worthwhile I had thought.

    pete, Mar 17, 2007
  7. pete

    pete Guest

    On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:59:12 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"Synapse Syndrome" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "pete" <> wrote in message
    >>> Has google desk top any useful functions? Does anybody here use it?

    >> It slows older machines down, I find. And my main machine is using Vista,
    >> which has something like that anyway.

    >Oh, BTW, in a group test in PCPro magazine, they found the Copernic and
    >Yahoo desktop search programs to be the best out of the free ones.
    >
    >http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/139/desktop-search/introduction.html

    Thanks. That is an interesting read.

    pete, Mar 17, 2007
  8. Synapse Syndrome, Mar 17, 2007
  9. pete

    pete Guest

    On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 00:47:01 -0000, "Synapse Syndrome"
    <> wrote:

    >"pete" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>Oh, BTW, in a group test in PCPro magazine, they found the Copernic and
    >>>Yahoo desktop search programs to be the best out of the free ones.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/139/desktop-search/introduction.html

    >> Thanks. That is an interesting read.

    >Did you read all the reviews? I only ask as you posted that only minutes
    >after you replied to Fuzzy Logic.
    >
    >http://www.pcpro.co.uk/labs/139/desktop-search/products.html

    Yes I did read the whole review but not being really clued up I may
    have missunderstood something in it.

    pete, Mar 17, 2007