    I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like
    the windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.

    Brian
    Brian Zurawski, Nov 18, 2004

  2. Brian Zurawski

    dan Guest

    I use it. Got it yesterday. Haven't had much of a need for it yet, but I'm
    sure it can come in useful.

    dan, Nov 19, 2004

  3. dan wrote:
    > I use it. Got it yesterday. Haven't had much of a need for it yet, but I'm
    > sure it can come in useful.
    > "Brian Zurawski" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Anybody else using this? I think its great. I can scan my drive in 1 or 2
    >>seconds for any file.
    >>
    >>I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like the
    >>windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.

    You can integrate Google Desktop into Google.com so that when you search
    Google, it will also automatically search your PC using Google Desktop
    and present you with any results right up the top :eek:)

    Yours Sincerely,
    Samuël ML Lison

    --
    DreamCities.net - A Community for All! (http://www.dreamcities.net)
    Jobs Available: http://business.dreamcities.net/jobs.html
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Samu=EBl_ML_Lison?=, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Brian Zurawski wrote:

    > Anybody else using this? I think its great. I can scan my drive in 1 or
    > 2 seconds for any file.
    >
    > I use it at work to find a document with specific words in. Kinda like
    > the windows search but it only takes 1 or 2 seconds to scan your drive.
    >
    > Brian

    I've set mine using Zone Alarm to deny Google access totally to the
    internet. I have read the privacy policy and they say that it wont
    transmit "personal information" and give a couple of examples, but it is
    not entirely explicit, and I think the T&C offer enough room for
    maneuver on Google's part, to look at what I'm searching for.

    But it works without internet access.
    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Nov 19, 2004