    I expected that having mail database .nsf locally on PC is enough to
    be indexed by Google Desktop but may be I'm wrong ...
    Thanks in advance.
    ev, Jan 1, 2009

  2. ev

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 09:36:03 -0800 (PST), ev wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have an issue to index Lotus Notes (LN) using Google Desktop. I'm
    >using LN 8.0 version. LN isn't running on my PC and I'm accessing
    >server using Web browser ... but I have a local copy of my LN database
    >on my PC.

    Fair enough, sounds like a good idea so far.

    >In Preferences settings I pointed Google Desktop to directory where my
    >copy of .nsf file located on my desktop.

    Fine, I can do that with Copernic as well, point it to a file.

    >The problem is that Google Desktop didn't index any LN mail.

    Sounds okay, GD does know how to read LN8 nsf files?

    >Well my question is: is it right that in order to index LN mail the
    >Lotus Notes should be running on the desktop? Or in other words that I

    Why do you think this?

    >won't be able to force Google Desktop to find any LN mail if Lotus
    >Notes application isn't running on my desktop?

    Ditto.

    >I expected that having mail database .nsf locally on PC is enough to
    >be indexed by Google Desktop but may be I'm wrong ...

    Ditto and yes :)

    GD file types
    http://desktop.google.com/en/GB/features.html
    with a link to other plugins.

    http://desktop.google.com/plugins/search/?query=lotus notes
    No gadget found for lotus notes

    Have a look around,
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/products/notesdomino/
    see if they have something.

    Export your mail into a format GD can search.

    >Thanks in advance.

    You did try really hard to find your own answer? Or just just being a
    bit (a lot) lazy?

    www.google.com
    google desktop lotus

    Results 1 - 10 of about 336,000 for
    google desktop lotus
    .. (0.17 seconds)

    What We Index : Lotus Notes content - Desktop for Windows Help Center
    Google Desktop for Enterprise includes a plug-in developed by IBM that
    lets Desktop index Lotus Notes content for Lotus Notes versions 6.5 and
    above. ...
    http://desktop.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=20045 - 17k
    -

    I can't find : Not indexing Lotus Notes - Desktop for Windows Help ...
    If you're using Google Desktop for Enterprise and it's not indexing your
    Lotus Notes, the Lotus Notes component was probably not fully installed.
    http://desktop.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=53932 - 19k

    Google Press Center: Press Release
    Through a collaborative effort between Google and IBM, the new Google
    Desktop Search for Enterprise provides simple, fast search across Lotus
    Notes messages ...
    www.google.com/intl/en/press/pressrel/desktopsearch_for_enterprise.html

    Google Desktop Search finds a place in Lotus Notes messaging
    Google will offer Google Desktop Search for Enterprise, complete with
    configuration and deployment controls, as well as the ability to search
    the full text ...
    http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid4_gci1089692,00.html

    Windows Desktop Search Lotus Notes Add-in | Gil's Method
    This add-in allows desktop search to index your Lotus Notes e-mail (a
    capability that Google Desktop as of this writting still lacks) don't
    get me wrong I'm ...
    www.gilsmethod.com/node/59

    Me
    why?, Jan 2, 2009

  3. ev

    NotesConnectors

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    Windows Search Connector for Lotus Notes

    There is a new Lotus Notes connector for Windows Search called EZ Notes Search. Enables users to search their mail, archives, attachments and files using Windows Search. Works on Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 with Lotus Notes 6.5 to 8.5.2. Available at notesconnectors.com.
    NotesConnectors, Oct 26, 2010