    entered into through my gmail logon. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    Thanks in advance.
    , Mar 19, 2008

  2. why? Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:19:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    >When viewing the google page, all text characters accept the large

    Could have included the URL in the body of the post :) as well.

    >colored Google logo show up in question marks (in Firefox) and some

    So the logo isn't text :)

    >king of box character (in IE 6). The results are also loaded with

    Clear local browser cache?

    Don't use a proxy server, maybe it's cache has an issue. Ask in your ISP
    newsgroup in case it is other users of same service.

    Change country, www.google.co.uk

    >search home page. All other web pages view normally including those
    >entered into through my gmail logon. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    >Thanks in advance.

    Assuming you mean the text where 'Images' 'Maps' 'News' links would be.

    href="http://images.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi">Images</a></span>
    href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl">Maps</a></span> <span
    class=gb1><a
    href="http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn">News</a></span> <span
    class=gb1><a
    href="http://www.google.co.uk/prdhp?hl=en&tab=wf">Shopping</a></span>

    Since it's two browsers unlikely to be the Character Encoding options.

    Your Control Panel Regional Settings haven't been changed? Still the
    correct Country / Timezone stuff.

    Me
    why?, Mar 19, 2008

  3. Guest

    On Mar 19, 4:12 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:19:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    > >When viewing the google page, all text characters accept the large

    > Could have included the URL in the body of the post :) as well.
    >
    > >colored Google logo show up in question marks (in Firefox) and some

    > So the logo isn't text :)
    >
    > >king of box character (in IE 6). The results are also loaded with

    > Clear local browser cache?
    >
    > Don't use a proxy server, maybe it's cache has an issue. Ask in your ISP
    > newsgroup in case it is other users of same service.
    >
    > >question marks or boxes but still viewable somewhat unlike the google

    > Change country,www.google.co.uk
    >
    > >search home page. All other web pages view normally including those
    > >entered into through my gmail logon. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    > >Thanks in advance.

    > Assuming you mean the text where 'Images' 'Maps' 'News' links would be.
    >
    > href="http://images.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi">Images</a></span>
    > href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl">Maps</a></span> <span
    > class=gb1><a
    > href="http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn">News</a></span> <span
    > class=gb1><a
    > href="http://www.google.co.uk/prdhp?hl=en&tab=wf">Shopping</a></span>
    >
    > Since it's two browsers unlikely to be the Character Encoding options.
    >
    > Your Control Panel Regional Settings haven't been changed? Still the
    > correct Country / Timezone stuff.
    >
    > Me

    You know what, thanks for the help but save the attitude if you don't
    mind.
    , Mar 19, 2008
  4. why? Guest

    On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:05:13 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

    >On Mar 19, 4:12 pm, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 12:19:11 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
    >> >When viewing the google page, all text characters accept the large

    >> Could have included the URL in the body of the post :) as well.

    Well that what your question was about. Having to copy the URL from the
    subject line is more hassle then you including a link in the post body
    so it's clickable. You asked for help so help make it easier to do so.

    >> >colored Google logo show up in question marks (in Firefox) and some

    >> So the logo isn't text :)

    Was funny.

    >> >king of box character (in IE 6). The results are also loaded with

    >> Clear local browser cache?

    This worked?

    >> Don't use a proxy server, maybe it's cache has an issue. Ask in your ISP
    >> newsgroup in case it is other users of same service.

    This worked?

    >> >question marks or boxes but still viewable somewhat unlike the google

    >> Change country,www.google.co.uk
    >>
    >> >search home page. All other web pages view normally including those
    >> >entered into through my gmail logon. Any ideas how I can fix this?
    >> >Thanks in advance.

    >> Assuming you mean the text where 'Images' 'Maps' 'News' links would be.

    Describe the problem with some details. Hey look View / Source do you
    see the same problem? I don't know but, if it's what you are trying to
    describe then when working it looks like -

    >> href="http://images.google.co.uk/imghp?hl=en&tab=wi">Images</a></span>
    >> href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl">Maps</a></span> <span
    >> class=gb1><a
    >> href="http://news.google.co.uk/nwshp?hl=en&tab=wn">News</a></span> <span
    >> class=gb1><a
    >> href="http://www.google.co.uk/prdhp?hl=en&tab=wf">Shopping</a></span>
    >>
    >> Since it's two browsers unlikely to be the Character Encoding options.

    So it's not that.

    >> Your Control Panel Regional Settings haven't been changed? Still the
    >> correct Country / Timezone stuff.

    Or this, you didn't answer any question or provide further info.

    >> Me

    >You know what, thanks for the help but save the attitude if you don't
    >mind.

    You know what you can do now.

    With the description you gave you couldn't sort it how do you expect
    someone else to guess what you haven't said, tried or looked at already.

    Me
    why?, Mar 20, 2008