    bottom right, but it works.

    That link points to here.
    http://www.google.com/ncr
    T.N.O., Oct 17, 2003

  2. Bruce Simpson, Oct 19, 2003

  3. "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > just times out.
    >
    > www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    > it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    > http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    > submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    >
    > I wonder whose clever decision this was?

    Bruce, it works for me...

    --
    Mauricio Freitas
    Mauricio Freitas, Oct 19, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Bruce Simpson wrote:

    > Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > just times out.

    It doesn't time out here, it just links to www.google.co.nz, as it has
    been doing for months, IIRC.

    Gib
    Gib Bogle, Oct 19, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "T.N.O." wrote
    > and now with my time corrected...

    yeah yeah, I know... should be fine now...
    T.N.O., Oct 19, 2003
  6. On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:48:53 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    <> wrote:

    >"Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    >> just times out.
    >>
    >> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    >> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    >> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    >> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    >>
    >> I wonder whose clever decision this was?
    >>

    >Bruce, it works for me...

    Ah... you're right. I had an entry for google.com in my hosts file
    and obviously they've recently changed the IP number. I'll go back to
    sleep now and stop sniffing all that LPG :)

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 19, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    harry Guest

    > Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > just times out.
    >
    > www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    > it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    > http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    > submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    >
    > I wonder whose clever decision this was?
    >
    > --
    > you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/

    Google redirects to google.co.nz, but there is a link on the google page for
    google.com, which you can save.
    The Google toolbar lets you set the country default.
    Its been that way for months, thats what makes the search <country> feature
    work.
    Can't see the problem Bruce, it has made Google better IMO
    harry, Oct 19, 2003
  8. T.N.O.

    KS Guest

    > Ah... you're right. I had an entry for google.com in my hosts file
    > and obviously they've recently changed the IP number. I'll go back to
    > sleep now and stop sniffing all that LPG :)

    So that's your secret weapon for breaking the land speed record ? Being
    higher than a kite ?! haha
    KS, Oct 19, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    ess says...
    > Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > just times out.
    >
    > www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    > it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    > http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    > submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    >
    > I wonder whose clever decision this was?

    Maybe your ISP doesn't like you. I have had no problems with Google
    lately./
    Mainlander, Oct 20, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 12:28:46 +1300, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    >> just times out.
    >>
    >> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    >> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    >> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    >> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    >>
    >> I wonder whose clever decision this was?

    >Maybe your ISP doesn't like you. I have had no problems with Google
    >lately./

    Thier are BIG Problems with it, read..

    Paul Mathews, Oct 20, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    Paul Mathews Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:34:50 +1300, Bruce Simpson <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    >just times out.
    >
    >www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    >it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    >http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    >submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    >
    >I wonder whose clever decision this was?

    Have a read..

    Paul Mathews, Oct 20, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:34:50 +1300, Bruce Simpson <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > >just times out.
    > >
    > >www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    > >it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    > >http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    > >submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    > >
    > >I wonder whose clever decision this was?

    > Have a read..

    Got nothing to do with it!!! - read what Bruce said!!!

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Oct 20, 2003
  13. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Bruce Simpson" wrote
    > Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > just times out.

    and now with my time corrected...

    work for me Bruce... I had to click on the "go to google.com" link down the
    bottom right, but it works.

    That link points to here.
    http://www.google.com/ncr
    T.N.O., Oct 20, 2003
  14. T.N.O.

    Enkidu Guest

    On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:37:28 +1300, "KS" <>
    wrote:

    >> Ah... you're right. I had an entry for google.com in my hosts file
    >> and obviously they've recently changed the IP number. I'll go back to
    >> sleep now and stop sniffing all that LPG :)

    >So that's your secret weapon for breaking the land speed record ? Being
    >higher than a kite ?! haha

    The owner of a racehorse was discovered by the Clerk of the Course
    feeding something to the horse just before a race. The owner insisted
    it was just a sugar treat for the horse and to prove it ate a piece
    himself and gave some to the Clerk.

    Just as the horse was going out onto the track he had a quick word
    with the jockey. "Just lay him back behind the bunch until the
    straightaway, then let him have his head. Don't worry about anything
    passing you. If anything does it will only be myself or the Clerk".

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    that the conspiracy is working.
    Enkidu, Oct 20, 2003
  15. "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 07:48:53 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > >> Has anyone else noticed that www.google.com doesn't work any more? It
    > >> just times out.
    > >>
    > >> www.google.co.nz works just fine so one could be tempted to think that
    > >> it's not a big loss -- however, if you do a search using
    > >> http://groups.google.com and then select the "Web" tag, it tries to
    > >> submit your same search term to www.google.com so fails.
    > >>
    > >> I wonder whose clever decision this was?
    > >>

    > >Bruce, it works for me...

    > Ah... you're right. I had an entry for google.com in my hosts file
    > and obviously they've recently changed the IP number. I'll go back to
    > sleep now and stop sniffing all that LPG :)
    >
    > --
    > you can contact me via http://aardvark.co.nz/contact/

    Sniff
    HATES COMPUTERS, Oct 24, 2003