  1. Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts
    to this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it
    Braille or did they fall down and really went boom?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jan 4, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    old jon Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    news:43bc29ad$0$5372$...
    > Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts to
    > this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it Braille or
    > did they fall down and really went boom?

    It`s Louis Brailles birthday Roger.
    They`re just selebrating the day. No problems. I`ll click on
    anything, just for the hell of it <g>.
    Must be a glutton for punishment.
    best wishes..OJ
    old jon, Jan 4, 2006

  3. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    mdp Guest

    Yes it's braille as a tribute to Louis Braille's birthday. Clicking on it
    (the braille) will generate a search using predetermined words to explain
    the meaning of the modified Google name.

    mdp, Jan 4, 2006
  4. old jon wrote:

    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >> Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts
    >> to this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it
    >> Braille or did they fall down and really went boom?
    >>

    > It`s Louis Brailles birthday Roger.
    > They`re just selebrating the day. No problems. I`ll click on anything,
    > just for the hell of it <g>. Must be a glutton for punishment.
    > best wishes..OJ

    So *that's* why my screen feels bumpy today! This is good news, since
    the warranty's up.

    --
    Blinky Reg Linux User 297263
    Killfiling all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    old jon Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > old jon wrote:
    >

    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>> Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts
    >>> to this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it
    >>> Braille or did they fall down and really went boom?
    >>>

    >> It`s Louis Brailles birthday Roger.
    >> They`re just selebrating the day. No problems. I`ll click on anything,
    >> just for the hell of it <g>. Must be a glutton for punishment.
    >> best wishes..OJ

    > So *that's* why my screen feels bumpy today! This is good news, since
    > the warranty's up.

    (Smiles quietly to self). Have a great Year Blinky..bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 4, 2006
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Rick Merrill Guest

    mdp wrote:
    > Yes it's braille as a tribute to Louis Braille's birthday. Clicking on it
    > (the braille) will generate a search using predetermined words to explain
    > the meaning of the modified Google name.
    >
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts to
    >>this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it Braille or
    >>did they fall down and really went boom?

    Why is there a leading <dot> before the braile for "google"?
    Rick Merrill, Jan 4, 2006
  7. Rick Merrill wrote:
    > mdp wrote:
    >
    >> Yes it's braille as a tribute to Louis Braille's birthday. Clicking
    >> on it (the braille) will generate a search using predetermined words
    >> to explain the meaning of the modified Google name.
    >>
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's
    >>> posts to this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is
    >>> it Braille or did they fall down and really went boom?

    > Why is there a leading <dot> before the braile for "google"?

    Maybe it's a play on words dot com, dot google, dot braille.

    --
    My guess is as good as anyones
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jan 4, 2006
  8. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > mdp wrote:
    >> Yes it's braille as a tribute to Louis Braille's birthday. Clicking on it
    >> (the braille) will generate a search using predetermined words to explain
    >> the meaning of the modified Google name.

    > Why is there a leading <dot> before the braile for "google"?

    I believe the leading dot indicates the next character is a capital
    letter. See under "Other Symbols".
    http://www.3dsrc.com/braille/

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 4, 2006
  9. old jon wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> old jon wrote:
    >>

    >>> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>>>
    >>> It`s Louis Brailles birthday Roger.
    >>> They`re just selebrating the day. No problems. I`ll click on anything,
    >>> just for the hell of it <g>. Must be a glutton for punishment. best
    >>> wishes..OJ

    >> So *that's* why my screen feels bumpy today! This is good news, since
    >> the warranty's up.
    >>

    > (Smiles quietly to self). Have a great Year Blinky..bw..OJ

    You too, OJ.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 4, 2006
  10. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    www.seph.ca Guest

    well, this explains who killed kennedy

    ~S~

    www.seph.ca, Jan 5, 2006
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message

    > Why is there a leading <dot> before the braile for "google"?

    Makes the first G a capital letter

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 5, 2006
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    PuppyKatt Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts to
    > this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it Braille or
    > did they fall down and really went boom?

    My son did a Google search about 12 hours ago, for our local library, and
    picked up a ton of viruses. Someone has exploited the site, somehow.
    PuppyKatt, Jan 5, 2006
  13. PuppyKatt wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Okay, I'm always suspicious of Google due to certain psychotic's posts to
    >>this group, but their home page today really worries me. Is it Braille or
    >>did they fall down and really went boom?

    > My son did a Google search about 12 hours ago, for our local library, and
    > picked up a ton of viruses. Someone has exploited the site, somehow.

    "Louis Braille was born on January 4,1809, in Coupvray, a small town
    near Paris, France"

    Someone has exploited the holes in the security of your/your son's
    computer. Google has recognised the contribution of a great man to the
    lives of countless people.

    --
    Sue
    =?UTF-8?B?UGFsaW5kcuKYu21l?=, Jan 5, 2006
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Baked Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 05:45:33 -0600, "PuppyKatt"
    <> wrote:

    >My son did a Google search about 12 hours ago, for our local library, and
    >picked up a ton of viruses. Someone has exploited the site, somehow.

    You son is simply a dumbass surfing porn sites. Google had nothing to
    do with it.
    Baked, Jan 5, 2006
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    PuppyKatt Guest

    My son is not into porn. We have a new (renovated) library in our city, and
    he was doing a google search for information. You do not know him, so do
    not call him names, dumball, and do not make accusations.
    P.S.: PLONK

    PuppyKatt, Jan 5, 2006
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Santa Guest