    http://www.bloggernews.net/117011

    Google Blogger Meltdown? You Have Been Identified As A Potential Spam
    Blog
    Matty F, Aug 1, 2008

  2. Matty F

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 01:59:01 -0700 (PDT), in message <>,
    Matty F wrote:

    > It looks like Google Blogger has gone wrong, and nobody from Google
    > seems to be doing anything about it.
    > Many blogs have been wrongly identified as spam blogs, and the owners
    > can't post anything.
    > I just thought I'd post this here on Usenet where Google can't get rid
    > of it, ever! :)

    Google are a volume-driven business. Google don't have a team that
    looks at each issue individually. Google use "broad brush" techniques.

    99% of usenet posts with a blogspot.com URL in them are spam,
    and most of those usenet spam posts are posted through Google Groups.

    I thought Google were not going to get rid of those spammers, ever.
    Ralph Fox, Aug 2, 2008

  3. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Aug 2, 11:31 am, Ralph Fox <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 01:59:01 -0700 (PDT), in message <>,
    >
    > Matty F wrote:
    > > It looks like Google Blogger has gone wrong, and nobody from Google
    > > seems to be doing anything about it.
    > > Many blogs have been wrongly identified as spam blogs, and the owners
    > > can't post anything.
    > > I just thought I'd post this here on Usenet where Google can't get rid
    > > of it, ever! :)

    > Google are a volume-driven business. Google don't have a team that
    > looks at each issue individually. Google use "broad brush" techniques.

    Millions of people use Blogger, so millions were affected.
    If Google wanted to be seen as a reliable company, they could have at
    least acknowledged earlier that there was a problem. I see there is
    now a message in the Blogger help forum, but people have been locked
    out of their blogs for weeks. Some have now moved to Wordpress.
    Matty F, Aug 2, 2008